Still no fix for Dinos stuck in Obelisk ?

Wikus

Hi all , I have a Dinos stuck in my Obelisk. Greyed out and can't download it. I searched and couldn't find any solution. Is there no fix for this yet ?
I also saw in my searching that this is an old issue for years now and I find it ridiculous that we can't have simply select and delete function for dinos and items in Obelisk.
If anybody found a fix that I couldn't find with my searching please share.

Technical stuff:

- PC Steam version
- Mode: Single player
- Uploaded on Exctinction. Can't download on any map , including Extinction.
- Dino: Petra
- Mods: Equalized dino levels , Super spyglass , Classic flyers , Awesome telporters
- What happened: Uploaded dino ( and plenty others ) into my Obelisk via Tek transmitter in Single player. Joined friend's non-dedicated session ( as I wanted to gift him some dinos ).
Downloaded all Dinos to his world without problem also at a Tek Transmitter. Got to the Petra and it was greyed out. All others had no problem.
Thought it was because he didn't have Classic flyers mod. Went back to my own SP where I do have it , but Petra still greyed out. Can't download it in my world either. Now it's stuck there.

I am aware that deleting the character data file will clear it , but it will also clear things I don't want to loose ( For example the skins I unlocked through various achievements in the game ) so I 
don't want to do that.
I Simply can't believe that years later we still don't have a simple select and delete option in the obelisk data.
Any suggestions please ?

15 hours ago, Wikus said:

Hi all , I have a Dinos stuck in my Obelisk. Greyed out and can't download it. I searched and couldn't find any solution. Is there no fix for this yet ?
I also saw in my searching that this is an old issue for years now and I find it ridiculous that we can't have simply select and delete function for dinos and items in Obelisk.
If anybody found a fix that I couldn't find with my searching please share.

Technical stuff:

- PC Steam version
- Mode: Single player
- Uploaded on Exctinction. Can't download on any map , including Extinction.
- Dino: Petra
- Mods: Equalized dino levels , Super spyglass , Classic flyers , Awesome telporters
- What happened: Uploaded dino ( and plenty others ) into my Obelisk via Tek transmitter in Single player. Joined friend's non-dedicated session ( as I wanted to gift him some dinos ).
Downloaded all Dinos to his world without problem also at a Tek Transmitter. Got to the Petra and it was greyed out. All others had no problem.
Thought it was because he didn't have Classic flyers mod. Went back to my own SP where I do have it , but Petra still greyed out. Can't download it in my world either. Now it's stuck there.

I am aware that deleting the character data file will clear it , but it will also clear things I don't want to loose ( For example the skins I unlocked through various achievements in the game ) so I 
don't want to do that.
I Simply can't believe that years later we still don't have a simple select and delete option in the obelisk data.
Any suggestions please ?

Ok, so, yes, it's because it's modded. Doesn't matter if you take it back to a modded world- if you load something in a world where the game doesn't know what it is, it's gone. No, there's no way to get rid of it without deleting localprofiles; however, deleting localprofiles will not remove your achievements. It will wipe: All Obelisk data, all explorer notes, and all minimap data.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Wikus said:

It did delete my mini map data en explorer notes as well though. 

Weird, it used to preserve everything else at the time I posted. Are you sure you didn't mess the encoding? Send me your original profile via PM, and I will have a look.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Weird, it used to preserve everything else at the time I posted. Are you sure you didn't mess the encoding? Send me your original profile via PM, and I will have a look.

My spare uploaded characters I had in obelisk are also deleted as well.
I used notepad++ , and only changed that  letter A to X. Didn't change anything else.
I don't have the file before the edit anymore. I didn't keep a copy unfortunately. I only have one of my backup of the weekend , but that one doesn't have the broken Petra in it.

EDIT: Got it sorted though. I just put back the file from the weekend's weekly backup and all is well again. Don't know why I didn't think about that in the first place to just put a backup back.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived