Duoing Purple OSD drops ?

Koli2556

Duoing Purple OSD drops ?

Hello is it possible to go to wave 10 on a purple drop, with 3 gigas, 2 riders ? 

So 1 giga is not rided. 

I have successfuly done it with the same three gigas riden, but unfortunately my other friend can't come and help me. 

Gigas have around 30-33K HP and 1100-1150% DMG. With around 95 armor saddles. 

1 hour ago, KremlinKOA said:

Done wave 15 with 2 gigas and 2 riders, 
And they were slightly worse than your gigas
We would pull owls out of cryo when there was only one or two dinos left each wave to get some heals in.

Yes i also do that owl thing. 

And damn i'm suprised you can go this far with only two gigas ? 

What were your saddles ? Were your gigas close to death ? 

Anyway it means it can totally be done with 2 riders 3 gigas, thank you for sharing :)

1 hour ago, antru said:

Solo done wave 30 with 1 giga (HP:44K, M:1100%)... every 3th wave - heals by owl

P.S. imho need use only one giga per wave... most damage from wyvs fire... one giga can easy chomp all wywv and tank all dmg... two (or more) gigas get same dmg from fire... 

Agreed. More gigas on this case is not better. They all get the damage from the fire unless they are well spread around. And purples have been soloed with under 1000 melee gigas. 

1 hour ago, hud said:

If u go in with two gigas make sure u have mate boost, it's game changing.   When I do solo with mine 850m i need to heal atleast 2 time until wave 7, if I got lucky with spawns from corrupted meybe 1 heal, with tribe member, with mate boost we don't even bring snow owl anymore,  wave 7 is easy without healing. 

BTW hud hit me up I have new mutation to 515 on female if u would like a clone I gotcha;)

@Koli2556people who solo purple drops 99,99% put up barricades beforehand. You come to the server with a char that is not in the tribe or make a new char, leave a vault pinned with metal spike barricades and put barricades around the whole purple drop in a big area.

Most Extinction servers already have barricades set up because purple drops always spawn on the same spots. You can easily solo a purple with barricades and go endlessly. Most dinos will stop at the barricades and attack them (they take damage from offline barricades and kill themselves), a lot of them also just randomly despawn when they start attacking the spike walls, so you don't have to bother with them.

Only a few people have actually done duo purple drops without any walls and no one has done it solo on a single giga because it's/was simply impossible unless you never get multiple alpha rex until wave 7-10. 

Just use the wall/spike wall tactic build it 2 giga lengths (or a little more) away from the drop location and easily farm those waves. You can heal up with an owl if you drop too low on hp during the wave because all the dinos are stuck on the walls anyway, just leave 4-6 alive and start healing your giga. 

Purple drops are a joke with walls and everyone with a giga can do them solo.

2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@Koli2556people who solo purple drops 99,99% put up barricades beforehand. You come to the server with a char that is not in the tribe or make a new char, leave a vault pinned with metal spike barricades and put barricades around the whole purple drop in a big area.

Most Extinction servers already have barricades set up because purple drops always spawn on the same spots. You can easily solo a purple with barricades and go endlessly. Most dinos will stop at the barricades and attack them (they take damage from offline barricades and kill themselves), a lot of them also just randomly despawn when they start attacking the spike walls, so you don't have to bother with them.

Only a few people have actually done duo purple drops without any walls and no one has done it solo on a single giga because it's/was simply impossible unless you never get multiple alpha rex until wave 7-10. 

Just use the wall/spike wall tactic build it 2 giga lengths (or a little more) away from the drop location and easily farm those waves. You can heal up with an owl if you drop too low on hp during the wave because all the dinos are stuck on the walls anyway, just leave 4-6 alive and start healing your giga. 

damnnnn i had heard about that technique, but i didn't know it was this op

Then i'll prepare the spike walls if it's that good; that way only wyvern will be able to attack me. 

Thanks for sharing mate ! :D

With snow owl heal and spikes you can do unlimited waves ( loot only gets better in quantity not in quality , so I usually only do until wave 10 and bb , but already did to wave 30 , then I got bored ... ) 

without spikes , go to snow owl heal and changing gigas , ( I usually when go solo , I always take 3 Gigas , just in case ) 

Careful with stats , no dmg clones ( that’s useless imo) , I have normally 19k hp, 408 st, 1029 weight and 715 melee  ( no , I don’t sell them , it’s personal tribe stats ...) saddle 162 and I have no problem doing multiple rounds until I get bored .

But any giga with combined stats with 605 + melee and 90% + imprint is enough ... hell for a long time I did them with 485 dmg base and didn’t  had a problem, except once ... damn meteors .... ??

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

@Koli2556np man, everyone in this thread was talking like they do it without, gave me a good laugh haha.

Good luck with the loot and don't forget that you have to disable the wave yourself at some point to get loot :)

Ofcourse with spikes, that's not even question. I have described that atleast 10 times  already in different topics. Honestly never even heard that someone finished solo without spikes, atleast on legacy, but in other hand we have much weaker gigas from official.  Like u said, if u got some crazy luck and don't get enraged ones until wave 7 than yes

Enraged rexes are much bigger problem from wyverns. Not if u got 1 in wave, but when u got 2,3 or even 4 of them, and than when they start to boost other.  Sometimes they ignore spikes and run over them for u or drop. Metal billboards are much better than spikes. 

5 hours ago, Fukushu said:

And if you report the barricades they will be removed and proxy account to circumvent game mechanics flagged for banning for multiple offenses. Already gotten few proxies banned on servers i play.

What are you on. I have soloed purples too many times to 10+ waves with 1 giga and owl. Duo to wave 37 + with 2 gigas and owl healing if needed.

And only noobs use barricades anyways. Purple osd’s are nothing special anyway.

@LuewenI have never heard about anyone getting issues because of the walls. I can see how it's abusing game mechanics but so is/was the owl glitch and no one ever got any trouble for it. Streamer streamed while using the glitch, youtubers showed the glitch in videos and many other mechanic abuses, like the peeking with K under the mesh and many other glitch abuses, people record themselves using the K to spy through walls...

1 minute ago, Fukushu said:

@LuewenI have never heard about anyone getting issues because of the walls. I can see how it's abusing game mechanics but so is/was the owl glitch and never got any trouble for it. 

Or the peeking with K under the mesh and many other glitch abuses, people record themselves using the K to spy through walls...

Removing the osd challenge and owl glitch are kinda different level in seriousness, dont you think. Anyways all spiked osds i have reported have been gone in less than day and owner never to be seen again on server.

15 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Removing the osd challenge and owl glitch are kinda different level in seriousness, dont you think. Anyways all spiked osds i have reported have been gone in less than day and owner never to be seen again on server.

Lol, cause the owner just do another tribe ( with a second account ) and place them all over again . 

I know someone who does it , everytime he gets reported , the enforcement kills his tribe and structures ( he only has spikes or metal signs with that char ) .

Next day , new tribe ... new spikes .. and the game is on again until he gets reported ... 

Circle of life in Extinction... ??‍♂️

9 hours ago, Luewen said:

Why would you report that ? 

Doesn't it help everyone on the server if the spikes are being placed by someone ? 

28 minutes ago, Koli2556 said:

Why would you report that ? 

Doesn't it help everyone on the server if the spikes are being placed by someone ? 

It’s considered a game mechanics exploit ,  by the enforcement team . To be honest I personally don’t care, even cause help noobs to achieve some good loot, but still ... an exploit . 
With so much things to fix on game , real things that impacts the game play so much ( snow exploit etc) , people still thinks that spikes are outrageous ?

@Koli2556while I don't do purple drops anymore because they take forever and are boring as f****. Most people dislike the idea of abusing game mechanics which should be understandable. The only thing that shouldn't be understandable is calling people ''noobs'' who do it like that. Some people are gatekeeping the ''endgame'' content of ARK and because they like to have a hard time with everything, so others should have a hard time as well because it's the only way they can prove their self worth to themselves. You can see this mentality in games like Dark Souls where streamers who use the ''easy builds'' get shamed by some neckbeards sitting behinds their desks, polishing their katanas. :D

3 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@Koli2556while I don't do purple drops anymore because they take forever and are boring as f****. Most people dislike the idea of abusing game mechanics which should be understandable. The only thing that shouldn't be understandable is calling people ''noobs'' who do it like that. Some people are gatekeeping the ''endgame'' content of ARK and because they like to have a hard time with everything, so others should have a hard time as well because it's the only way they can prove their self worth to themselves. You can see this mentality in games like Dark Souls where streamers who use the ''easy builds'' get shamed by some neckbeards sitting behinds their desks, polishing their katanas. :D

haha oh makes sense :P

Archived