Jump to content

Recommended Posts

the general state of ark

alright so i was just thinking about the current affair or state of things. this new antimeshing crap they added for pvp. now i play pve so antimeshing has no place in pve .... anyway antimeshing is impacting people heavily destroying dinos destroying bases im one of the lucky ones who hasnt been hit by it .... yet. i still have a feeling or worry it may happen in the future. anyway nvm that for a moment. now this login lock crap. it needs to go. get rid of it. what use is it?? also peoples losses by antimesh not being replaced is another ridiculous thing then their is the cryo bug where you deploy a legimate dino and it being removed from inventory raised from eggs tamed spinos you caught in the wild or rexs so all that time. now so heres what needs to happen @complexminded to mitigate these things you need to do x2 maturation at random intervals and breeding more than what you are. because this is a big slap in the face if peoples dinos get destroyed by anti meshing especially if they have concrete evidence and bases and then when tickets are submitted it wont be replaced because the mesh destroyed it which is working as not intended .... because peoples losses will result in players not coming back and just leaving. because peoples losses are becoming too high. people spend all this time raising and for what? antimesh to come along and destroy all the work or the servers going down so countless people cant login or to feed their dinos. maybe take this into consideration more of x2 breeding and maturation not just harvesting xp etc

atm i dont know what the priority is but it feels like pvp is the priority while pve gets the short end of the stick ive been reading and hearing about the cave bugs killing people and most of the maps .... now i did look forward to genesis but my outlook on that map is when it comes out it will be a mess. its hard to be optimistic with all these issues and ive been here since the beginning of ark the beta .... its more buggy than its ever been and broken currently with how things are. as it stands pve players get penalised because of what pvp players do this antimeshing and all the duping and whatever else .... im not trying to be negative im just being a realist with my outlook on this .... i cant be the only one who thinks or feels like this

Edited by slayerofzombs87
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to The General State of Ark

You know one of the biggest flaws with anti-meshing, rocks that have been harvested and built over have spawned back and broke countless structures due to anti-meshing. 

How absurd is that? Anti-meshing should not be active on harvestable stuff. 

Reminds me of when they did Rag desert update for ps4 and a tree grew back at my buddies base right through their tek troughs and it starved all the Giga's they were raising. 

I'm lucky and only had one or two gates get destroyed but there are people who are losing entire sections that have been built for a year because every time they remap an area for anti meshing previously harvested rocks and trees grow back and they destroy the structures for anti-meshing. Ridiculous. 

Waiting for people's cryofridges and thousands of cryoed tames to start being lost to it.

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You know one of the biggest flaws with anti-meshing, rocks that have been harvested and built over have spawned back and broke countless structures due to anti-meshing. 

How absurd is that? Anti-meshing should not be active on harvestable stuff. 

Reminds me of when they did Rag desert update for ps4 and a tree grew back at my buddies base right through their tek troughs and it starved all the Giga's they were raising. 

I'm lucky and only had one or two gates get destroyed but there are people who are losing entire sections that have been built for a year because every time they remap an area for anti meshing previously harvested rocks and trees grow back and they destroy the structures for anti-meshing. Ridiculous. 

Waiting for people's cryofridges and thousands of cryoed tames to start being lost to it.

that thats ridiculous ... DILO .... its like we are the guinea pigs and pve takes the backseat or burner if you will and gets shafted. i dont want to complain but i have to air my issues and speak my mind because this crap is ridiculous. my allys base she was lucky some pillars got hit by the antimeshing and a vault. but no clue where the vault was she told me. but im sure some people have been hit where their base comes crashing down or parts of it plus dinos being murdered .... i dont even dare venture into the cave where the broodmother is because of this crap. i was reading about all the holes in the cave or kill zones ....

i was like well nothing to do .... i could farm resources but i dont need any .... yeah you see if people start losing stuff like tons of tames and fridges its the end of the ark i give this game  a few MONTHS if that. if they dont start doing x2 maturation and breeding so people can catch up and compensate because they never roll the servers back when theirs an outage for whatever reason. im lucky myself ive not been raising anything reason is lack of motivation too but the way this antimeshing is im just taking a backseat and seeing what ensues or hope things will stay stable. if they dont start doing x2 maturation nvm just harvesting and xp plus breeding. plus all the current issues the game will be on its last legs. now some people might say im over exaggerating but most who read this post will know its true what i say. ive over 3k hours and this game well ive never seen it this bad as what it is now .... in its current state

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You know one of the biggest flaws with anti-meshing, rocks that have been harvested and built over have spawned back and broke countless structures due to anti-meshing. 

How absurd is that? Anti-meshing should not be active on harvestable stuff. 

Reminds me of when they did Rag desert update for ps4 and a tree grew back at my buddies base right through their tek troughs and it starved all the Giga's they were raising. 

I'm lucky and only had one or two gates get destroyed but there are people who are losing entire sections that have been built for a year because every time they remap an area for anti meshing previously harvested rocks and trees grow back and they destroy the structures for anti-meshing. Ridiculous. 

Waiting for people's cryofridges and thousands of cryoed tames to start being lost to it.

Those people who found their cryofridges anti meshed probably threw their computers against walls, and we will thus never hear from them.

Edited by sjskdjkfa
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing PvE for years. Catastrophes like this will happen, not just now, but in the future too as new mechanics are rolled in. 

Over my time on Ark I've lost structures, Dino's and gear due to the game not working as intended. Over time your soul gets pounded into a grey, porridge like substance after which you'll not care as much. Instead you'll sigh, go make a coffee, sit back down and mutter to yourself "Arked..." and carry on. If you've built it before, you can build it again. It'll probably be better, too.

Likewise, if you've raised or tamed them before, it can be done again. Just make sure you have enough coffee in the house.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has been demanding that they do something to fix meshing for years.

maybe, just maybe, it took so long or is taking so long becuase of exactly this problem. Its clearly not a simple fix...
 

instead of complaining why dont you say ‘thankyou for working on the meshing problem, its not quite perfect yet, but hopefully you can improve on this’ 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Glydyr said:

Everyone has been demanding that they do something to fix meshing for years.

maybe, just maybe, it took so long or is taking so long becuase of exactly this problem. Its clearly not a simple fix...
 

instead of complaining why dont you say ‘thankyou for working on the meshing problem, its not quite perfect yet, but hopefully you can improve on this’ 

 

Nowhere near everyone. PVP ruins PVE in games, been proven over and over. I only tried this game because of SP and non official. Would never play this bug infested mess without the ability to recover from the issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glydyr said:

Everyone has been demanding that they do something to fix meshing for years.

maybe, just maybe, it took so long or is taking so long becuase of exactly this problem. Its clearly not a simple fix...
 

instead of complaining why dont you say ‘thankyou for working on the meshing problem, its not quite perfect yet, but hopefully you can improve on this’ 

 

PvP has, now PvE is being affected so you're going to hear more voices. It's bad enough all the dino's that have been made basically worthless in the name of PvP balance but now a 98% PvP problem is getting a fix that is now affecting a different player base. You're going to hear more complaints since we chose a different game play to avoid the issue to begin with.

I paid my 2 season passes worth of money so I will complain as I see fit when an issue that they "fixed" wasn't an issue for me previously.

People can be delusional and say this game was intended for PvP but one look at the patch notes will show it's never been a good PvP game, its always been a PvE game.

Edited by yekrucifixion187
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glydyr said:

Everyone has been demanding that they do something to fix meshing for years.

PVP'ers != Everyone. 

WC could (theoretically) implement the anti-meshing system on pvp servers only, as there are other rules on pvp servers (i.e. picking up wild animals with flyers) that are different than PVE.

That they are rolling this out on PVE as well is easily interpreted as a d*ck move, but I'd guess that its less malicious and more laziness/stupidity in this case. On PVE they are likely getting 99.9% false positives as PVE players have no actual reason to mesh. 

Edited by Swordguy
Link to post
Share on other sites

The anti meshing is a really good system and I bet that many abused it on PVE as well. It has no real impact on PVE unless they hide those bases in the mesh to cap out the tame limit which I bet some did.

I also lost some structures to the anti meshing but nothing really big but I can see how annoying it is to lose vaults or even cryofridges...

The biggest problem PVE has are the lags and griefers on Extinction. I would love Wildcard (Snail Games) to fix the lags and wild dino teleport but I don't think they ever will.

The next event is soon and most servers will again become unplayable, constant 200-255+ pings, rubberbanding, server crashes are way worse issues for me than losing stuff to the ''beta'' mesh system. 

Also please fix the wild dino teleport, it can't be such a hard fix to disable the mechanic, this would already stop most griefers on extinction because it would be nearly impossible to lure a huge amount of corrupted without...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glydyr said:

Everyone has been demanding that they do something to fix meshing for years.

maybe, just maybe, it took so long or is taking so long becuase of exactly this problem. Its clearly not a simple fix...
 

instead of complaining why dont you say ‘thankyou for working on the meshing problem, its not quite perfect yet, but hopefully you can improve on this’ 

 

why the hell would i say thank you?? i play pve .... not pvp. so what am i supposed to be thankful for? yeah exactly lol ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line.

The game needed anti-meshing but the design was supposed to be it teleporting people back out to minimize losses before killing, yet every video I have seen for PvE is instant death.

They put in line commands to turn off the killing aspect so it's a possibility.

So the fix is there. Aggressive kill anti-mesh for PvP, teleport only for PvE since most instances of PvE meshing will be false positives.

Seems like a simple concept using what they already have created.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Anti-meshing absolutely has a place on official PvE. People mesh to get inside bases and steal stuff, like fertilized eggs.

The inside of your base would have to be exposed to the actual map (i.e. open and exposed against a rock face or the ground) for this to be even remotely true.

I mean, nice try but PVE is suffering from far more sinister griefing problems, like corrupted dinos being teleported into bases on extinction (been there, lost years of work to thieves in a matter of minutes while I was AFK), and wildcard doesn't give a rats ass about it. 

If you have real data evidence that meshing is actually a problem on PVE, I'm willing to change my mind and accept it's needed, but I've been playing on PVE since early access and haven't seen or heard of people meshing without Wildcard bringing down the hammer on them (i.e. Aberration). Usually it's dupers crashing servers or box tribes griefing other players on NA servers that we have to suffer through.

Edited by Swordguy
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Bottom line.

The game needed anti-meshing but the design was supposed to be it teleporting people back out to minimize losses before killing, yet every video I have seen for PvE is instant death.

They put in line commands to turn off the killing aspect so it's a possibility.

So the fix is there. Aggressive kill anti-mesh for PvP, teleport only for PvE since most instances of PvE meshing will be false positives.

Seems like a simple concept using what they already have created.

 

The continued theory of bucketing both game formats into one bucket. It would be so helpful to delineate the two formats into slightly different coding arenas. They do this already with dino pick ups and other slight differences I’m sure I’m forgetting. But it’s doable. We just need to be heard and give positive feedback that they can use. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

The inside of your base would have to be exposed to the actual map (i.e. open and exposed against a rock face or the ground) for this to be even remotely true.

I mean, nice try but PVE is suffering from far more sinister griefing problems, like corrupted dinos being teleported into bases on extinction (been there, lost years of work to thieves in a matter of minutes while I was AFK), and wildcard doesn't give a rats ass about it. 

If you have real data evidence that meshing is actually a problem on PVE, I'm willing to change my mind and accept it's needed, but I've been playing on PVE since early access and haven't seen or heard of people meshing without Wildcard bringing down the hammer on them (i.e. Aberration). Usually it's dupers crashing servers or box tribes griefing other players on NA servers that we have to suffer through.

Well... I admit I've had to do some dirty work before ....to get into a tribes base on PVE ....to gain access to the player's character so I could bring the body outside xD but it's very seldom these cases have to be done .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's the private server i play on or if it's all private servers. 

Can't transfer eggs and cryopodded dinos. Anything that's seems to be in "container" dies in the pod or hatches at level 1.

 

This happens putting stuff in an obelisk to go to another map. 

 

Also, since when can't we carry our items on our player to bring stuff over? Everything drops now? 

Edited by Xxtheclashxx
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my support ticket about a rock drake being deleted by the anti-meshing system, while I was fighting a crab on aberration, I was told the following:

  • The developers have told support not to restore anything destroyed by the anti-meshing system
  • The developers have told support not to escalate/appeal this policy for PvE instances

That implies a couple of things: It was a policy choice to not restore things being falsely destroyed -- they can, but won't, make it right when the new system messes up. And the fact that it happens to PvE players for which the meshing wasn't originally an issue doesn't change anything.

I'm sure there are reasons for these decisions, but hasn't been much communication about it. Sure, there's the thread Cedric posted, but that seems to be only intake of information. There's some light details in community crunch, but that seems to be very high-level and downplays how incredibly frustrating it is to lose things you've spent hours developing through no fault of your own, and the light information in the posts does nothing to dissuade the fear that playing the game might randomly delete your tames, gear, and player, and there's nothing you can do to avoid it other than not play. You can scrounge up some scant details from patch notes, but that's about it.

I no longer take any tames I care about losing around. I've put all my nice gear and favorite chibis in storage. It's definitely taken a lot of fun away from the game.

I know meshing was a serious problem for the game and the Wildcard team really needed to do something about it, and I appreciate they've taken on what was probably no small feat.  Their decision to not make right when false positives destroy peoples stuff, though, certainly makes me lose trust in the Ark team. I guess I'm starting to understand why there are so many salty comments towards them on the forms, twitter, reddit etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

Not sure if it's the private server i play on or if it's all private servers. 

Can't transfer eggs and cryopodded dinos. Anything that's seems to be in "container" dies in the pod or hatches at level 1.

 

This happens putting stuff in an obelisk to go to another map. 

 

Also, since when can't we carry our items on our player to bring stuff over? Everything drops now? 

This is a non-dediacted server bug. The non-dedicated obelisk doesn't support storing the necessary data. You'll be able to transfer cryopods (and I would assume eggs, but I haven't gotten around to testing them) fine between different maps in your own singleplayer though (to a degree- you have to be very careful with cryopod decay times).

And carrying items on your player is a singleplayer thing.

Edited by TheEclipseee
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khanthe said:

In my support ticket about a rock drake being deleted by the anti-meshing system, while I was fighting a crab on aberration, I was told the following:

  • The developers have told support not to restore anything destroyed by the anti-meshing system
  • The developers have told support not to escalate/appeal this policy for PvE instances

That implies a couple of things: It was a policy choice to not restore things being falsely destroyed -- they can, but won't, make it right when the new system messes up. And the fact that it happens to PvE players for which the meshing wasn't originally an issue doesn't change anything.

I'm sure there are reasons for these decisions, but hasn't been much communication about it. Sure, there's the thread Cedric posted, but that seems to be only intake of information. There's some light details in community crunch, but that seems to be very high-level and downplays how incredibly frustrating it is to lose things you've spent hours developing through no fault of your own, and the light information in the posts does nothing to dissuade the fear that playing the game might randomly delete your tames, gear, and player, and there's nothing you can do to avoid it other than not play. You can scrounge up some scant details from patch notes, but that's about it.

I no longer take any tames I care about losing around. I've put all my nice gear and favorite chibis in storage. It's definitely taken a lot of fun away from the game.

I know meshing was a serious problem for the game and the Wildcard team really needed to do something about it, and I appreciate they've taken on what was probably no small feat.  Their decision to not make right when false positives destroy peoples stuff, though, certainly makes me lose trust in the Ark team. I guess I'm starting to understand why there are so many salty comments towards them on the forms, twitter, reddit etc.

Rock drakes have always been fairly bugged when it comes to the mesh, especially in the radiation zone on the black rocky ground textures. A lot of wilds will boop them into the ground and with the new anti-mesh, it's instant GG for the drake. It needs to be fixed. One of my drakes got pushed into the ground by a wild roll rat and it got poofed away by antimesh  ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Rock drakes have always been fairly bugged when it comes to the mesh, especially in the radiation zone on the black rocky ground textures. A lot of wilds will boop them into the ground and with the new anti-mesh, it's instant GG for the drake. It needs to be fixed. One of my drakes got pushed into the ground by a wild roll rat and it got poofed away by antimesh  ?

The Drake was my go to transport, I've shelved in favor of the owl for now (Reaper if on Ab).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

This is a non-dediacted server bug. The non-dedicated obelisk doesn't support storing the necessary data. You'll be able to transfer cryopods (and I would assume eggs, but I haven't gotten around to testing them) fine between different maps in your own singleplayer though (to a degree- you have to be very careful with cryopod decay times).

And carrying items on your player is a singleplayer thing.

Appreciate the reply. But we actually did used be able to carry over items on official to official on other servers. It also included armor. Maybe it changed a while back? I'm talking about like 2016 to 2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...