Base, Dino and character gone

EmAyEx

Base, Dino and character gone

I play ark pretty regularly and one time my whole arm was gone and it spawned me at the menu to create a character I forgot about the world and just started a fresh. Then it happened again loading on ark today, I’ve looked through my game files and it has all the files for when the last time I played and all the backup files. Can someone help me in what I need to do to have these files actually work.

7FDC216E-0499-428D-9085-69D293EADFC4.jpeg

9 hours ago, DaveH said:

Theisland.ark is the file the game loads. Just move that elsewhere and rename the previous version you want to use. You may well have overwritten your character though. The localplayer file is your character. 

Thanks for the reply man, would I just move the local player file in to the local player folder and do I just move the island.ark to my desktop and rename the ark02.02.2020 to the island.ark

The island file, yeah as you say. Move the island file to desktop, or just delete it if 100% sure it's not needed. And rename the other one to island.ark. I dodo this a lot in single player. Not entirely sure re localplayer data and if there is backups. Wouldnt want to give bad advice. Hopefully someone else cam answer that one.

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

The island file, yeah as you say. Move the island file to desktop, or just delete it if 100% sure it's not needed. And rename the other one to island.ark. I dodo this a lot in single player. Not entirely sure re localplayer data and if there is backups. Wouldnt want to give bad advice. Hopefully someone else cam answer that one.

It’s fine thank you for the help, most likely I’ll just command xp my character so he can get to the level I was at before.

1 hour ago, EmAyEx said:

It’s fine thank you for the help, most likely I’ll just command xp my character so he can get to the level I was at before.

Oh well it tried everything u told me to do and it seems it didn’t actually work so I unistalled ark and reinstalled then put all the backup files in to the ark and it has seemed to not work either. Thank you for trying to help though 

Archived