Oscar3e

Suggestion

Add more dinos into ARK

I personally believe that ARK is a wonderfull game of endless possibilities and a bright future if Wildcard keeps going as they have done since release.
All DLC's are great ( with SE as an exception ) and the graphics are amazing, BUT... I do not like how the Genesis DLC is looking so far, from what I've seen it's more about mythical creatures and fantasy than actuall history accurate dinosaurs. I really like ARK and want it to stay the way it is with slight changes such as bug fixes and updates. I don't know if Genesis it the ending for ARK and that ARK 2 is going to contain more of the Dinosaur content as a whole but I don't want ark to change into Monster Hunter. Anyways awesome game Wildcard, keep it up.

4 replies to this server topic

6 hours ago, Oscar3e said:

All I am asking for is to at least keep all the existing dinos in the upcoming releases for ARK since they made the game for me and so many more.

I love the dinosaurs in this game, but I also loved when most of them were cut from Aberration. Some dinos simply don't get a spotlight, and so not including their better competitors makes people use them more. Not having Rexes, Yutys, Gigas, or fliers really added a unique experience to the map and pushed the Spino and Megalo as the maps powerhouses. The lack of big predators also made me more attracted to the Reaper Kings, despite their seemingly difficult taming method. 

I understand ARK isn't just a dinosaur game but you can't tell me it isn't one at all! First off there aren't that many good dinosaur games left, let alone big ones. Although don't get me wrong, I love the wyverns, griffins, managarms, gasbags, velonasaurs, karkinos, reapers, ravagers, the Titans and so on...

All I am asking for is to at least keep all the existing dinos in the upcoming releases for ARK since they made the game for me and so many more.

Personally I am not a Dinosaur buff. What I knew about dinosaurs before Ark were the Jurassic Park and the original Land before Time movies. And when I picked up the game I did so, not because of the Dino's, but because of the building, breeding, sandbox/open world concepts. 

So for me, regardless of the direction they go, I am good with it as long as those aspects are still around. 

That said, I did think at first that this was a Dinosaur focused game. It was built into the advertisements, the cover pages, and most of the memorabilia. They have Dinosaurs everywhere. 

And to many, that means it should remain as such. 

However, it seems that instead of doing so, they added the Dinosaurs as the hook, and are trying to use the gameplay as the sinker. Creating, instead of new dinosaurs with each "Ark" that our characters find themselves on, new creatures. Some of which may be dinosaurs, but most of which seem to be a bit more based in Fantasy with each later edition. 

It is a topic we discuss quite often with the group I play with. Would the game do better if they continued with the dinosaurs? Would the game do better if it had been advertised with each "Ark" having its own unique creature theme? 

And I have to agree with you, Ark is a game that has great potential of continual growth in its design. The possibilities and the methods that could be used to expand each aspect of gameplay are endless. And if you remove Dinosaurs as the only creature type.... There are far more options available for them to use. 

Again, I am not a dinosaur buff, so this is a completely different opinion, however I believe that keeping them on the track of focusing on Dinosaurs would actually be placing a limiter on their potential. That is not to say that they shouldn't keep building on the dinosaur aspect. I believe they should keep adding to the dinosaurs they have alongside the addition of other creatures. They are what sold many to the game, and that should be given back to the players. 

And it is for that reason I cannot upvote the idea. I understand your perspective, and for other dinosaur lovers out three, it makes a lot of sense. But as a player to other aspects of the game... not so much. 

Archived