How have you been "ARK'ed" lately?

GhostRSA

How have you been "ARK'ed" lately?

Let me get it started.

Yesterday the wife and I headed over to the red obi on the Island for our weekly boss kills to farm element. Got to the obi pulled the Megatheriums onto the pad, dumped the artifacts and tributes for Beta Broodmother. We spawned in, I mounted our new lvl 230 Yuti, wife on our new 217 pig with 17 Mega's. We killed the BM with only 1 Mega lost. We teleport back proceeded to move the megas off and load the 17 Rexes on the pad ready for the Monkey. Dropped all the required Items in the obi and start the teleport process. 3...2....1..... Loading screen and viola, my wife and 19 dinos enter and I stay behind at the obi. I clicked the button to start the teleportation process for goodness sake :). I was not mounted or anything. My wife tried to whistle the rexes to attack as the monkey was halfway down the stairs already. The rexes engaged but for some reason the yuty got stuck in the mess of rexes and 30 seconds later got smacked with rock in the face. The yuty died a few moments later and obviously my wife died and left the arena. 17 rexes still alive and fighting when she died. 

So now we have been ARK'ed and just to add to the "pain" 17 bred rexes, 1 yuty and a pig worse off with nothing to show for it. ??

A little while back I was on Valguero with my argentavis, just messing around with one of the wild broodmothers to lure it from the cave entrance. I eventually  gave up because she was stuck in the entrance. As I flew away, the game crashed. When I loaded back in was dismounted in front of the broodmother. Needless to say, my bird and I were slaughtered in about 5 seconds. Sorry about your rexes, though.I hope you had extras.

1 hour ago, WallyWick said:

A little while back I was on Valguero with my argentavis, just messing around with one of the wild broodmothers to lure it from the cave entrance. I eventually  gave up because she was stuck in the entrance. As I flew away, the game crashed. When I loaded back in was dismounted in front of the broodmother. Needless to say, my bird and I were slaughtered in about 5 seconds. Sorry about your rexes, though.I hope you had extras.

Thats rough! Luckily we left our breeding pair at base, so we will just go down the path of breeding for weeks again... :D

I traveled from extinction to center as we are building base there, i had 100 tek walls on me 7 cryofridges and 10 troughs  and naturally my cyan and magenta Giga. 

I spawned in dropped all the stuff in Vaults, start building......The server crashes wait 15 to 20 min for server to get back up. 

I log back in server rolled back i am back at the spawning screen all my gear structures and giga gone....

38 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

I traveled from extinction to center as we are building base there, i had 100 tek walls on me 7 cryofridges and 10 troughs  and naturally my cyan and magenta Giga. 

I spawned in dropped all the stuff in Vaults, start building......The server crashes wait 15 to 20 min for server to get back up. 

I log back in server rolled back i am back at the spawning screen all my gear structures and giga gone....

If that happened to me, that would have been the end of ARK for me right there!

Did you get to build you base eventually.

1 hour ago, Plum28 said:

I guess we can look at the bright side, at least your character still exsist

have spent the last few days breeding gigas. finally got a female with the 50 muts i wanted and a male with 50 different mutations. after a few hours of hatchign the eggs i finally got one with all 100 muts. then as i move it outside to give it room a freaking megalania came and killed it (it spawned in my freaking base). well back to the drawing board.  

2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

have spent the last few days breeding gigas. finally got a female with the 50 muts i wanted and a male with 50 different mutations. after a few hours of hatchign the eggs i finally got one with all 100 muts. then as i move it outside to give it room a freaking megalania came and killed it (it spawned in my freaking base). well back to the drawing board.  

Oh my god, I'd probably take 5 days off after that.  Especially with Gigas.

All my tames on Valguero auto decayed a couple of weeks ago even though I logged on and fed them well before the 7 day timer. There must have been a roll back and not much can be done since they all were either bred for stats or colors so can't be replaced by GM. A few days ago got a false positive in AB for anti meshing and lost a rock drake I've had since the first few weeks of AB opening as well as a 150 pre tamed Shinehorn that I had just tamed. And tonight I logged into Extinction and my stone base is completely gone but all my tames are still there so it didn't auto decay, it's just gone. And my pillars that were around my base are still there. So Ark'ed hard three times in the last few weeks.

4 hours ago, Ocicat said:

All my tames on Valguero auto decayed a couple of weeks ago even though I logged on and fed them well before the 7 day timer. There must have been a roll back and not much can be done since they all were either bred for stats or colors so can't be replaced by GM. A few days ago got a false positive in AB for anti meshing and lost a rock drake I've had since the first few weeks of AB opening as well as a 150 pre tamed Shinehorn that I had just tamed. And tonight I logged into Extinction and my stone base is completely gone but all my tames are still there so it didn't auto decay, it's just gone. And my pillars that were around my base are still there. So Ark'ed hard three times in the last few weeks.

Man that is some serious losses there! I'm almost to afraid to go to Ext and AB with all the meshing issues.

My wife and I have been breeding up some new boss spinos with a lot of new colours and combinations (all mutations) coming through over the past few days. Last batch finished maturing, brought them out into the yard with their siblings and parents and log off for the night.

The next day four of our specifically bred spinos and one low level event to bring down their stats have all disappeared without a trace. Nothing on the tribe log, no tames at 50, 50. Just gone, for no reason whatsoever. A lot of colours and the event tame can't be replaced.

Elaborately fenced in yard on PvE Valguero. 

My character is out of tribe like it usually happens when you connect to a server and it crashes before server save. Tried usual trick - going to other server and back. Was a pain in the ass since I had to transfer from ab , but it didn't help. I still have other character from this tribe on other server and I'm 98% sure my tribemate is not dead so he can invite me back, hope it will work out.

I really hate this poop - every time you transfer you need to roll a dice for luck save. Releasing paid DLC before/instead fixing core game is bad enough, but keeping making DLC before fixing character "corruption" issues is beyond bullpoop.

"Here, buy this new shiny DLC and spend few months grinding, taming and breeding just to lose it all because of bad luck and messed up priorities of dev team!"

My base ichthyornis (seagulls) keep getting stuck in my outside storage.  If I bola them they fall down a hill and I cannot get to them in time before bola unwinds.  I have only managed to tame one of these and it was a level 90.  Today I tried for a level 145 would have been nice catch.  My species x killed it, like it is suppose to, when it came back up the hill with revenge for my insult of bola'ing it.  Same storage chest.  Same spot.  The 90 I did catch did not fall down the hill.  Such a game of luck with no way to alter it for a better outcome.

The "arked" is loosing a high level you really want yet gaining a lower level.  Settling for second best cause this is ark.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:22 AM, deedoubleu said:

My character is out of tribe like it usually happens when you connect to a server and it crashes before server save. Tried usual trick - going to other server and back. Was a pain in the ass since I had to transfer from ab , but it didn't help

This happened to me and then I tried to be clever and made a new character on the server that I was not on. For some reason it overwrote the character on both servers in the cluster so I was out of tribe and on a lvl 1 character. Lots of unhappiness until I got an admin to "give" me my bases and tames back using the admin commands.....which of course he messed up and ended up giving me his tribes stuff also. Took days to sort out.

I went back to official on steam last night. Got to level 17. Logged into a rag non legacy pve server. 

Wanted to get in for a bit before work this morning. The server crashed and i joined all the EU rag servers, character is gone. I did this because the game removed the server from favorites. The server is either offline or i lost my character. 

Yes its a low level, but the issue is that servers need to be fixed from this problem. 

Official pve became password-protected unofficial pvp. Couldn't play the whole day, because time difference is huge and they come to work when it's already evening here.

2 things annoy me about this: I lost a day of event rates, the whole things started yesterday(according to battlemetrics) while devs were still at work.

Archived