Unofficial Mods that make me angry and why.

Jemcrystal

Unofficial Mods that make me angry and why.

I'm livid with the AA mods because they require an engram unlock.  And at that the GENERATOR which runs them all is unlocked at level 100 while all the items it runs are beforehand purchasable unlocking at lower levels.  Umm, you cannot run anything in AA without the GENERATOR so why make the items engram purchasable previously to the GENERATOR?  Why the freak charge any engrams at all it's a flipping mod already!

_____

Stacking mods are in almost every unofficial server because yeah they save us so much time.  Best mod ever right?  However, on most if not all stacking mods the IGUANODON's only special move gets grayed out unusable.  Now we cannot seed in an igu's inventory.  But the only reason to need an igu's special move is if you are breeding / keeping seed eating pets.  And the only time you would bother with pets like Featherlights would be on an unofficial server.  You will not have time to mess with them on an official.  So the Igu needs it's move on modded servers not official and modded servers who use stacking mods ruin the igu's only move.

• Volunteer Moderator
  1. You can configure the level you want a specific engram to unlock.
  2. That is an issue you should take with the mod author. They are overriding classes to make them stackable, resulting into the Iguanodon not recognizing them. Though, not even sure why anyone would bother installing a stacking mod when the game provide a setting for it.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:50 AM, invincibleqc said:

I personally just increase the weight for players and tames.

Then non-stackable item weight (eg armour), and even just stuff that isn't stacked, is rendered pointless; if the person only wants the stacked items to have reduced weight (eg, one stack of metal to always weigh as much as a vanilla stack). But I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

And for some people as well, it's probably just simpler for them to get a mod which has all of the hard work already done, rather then entering a couple dozen lines of ini code.

• 1 month later...

Featherlights eats only seeds? Are you sure? I have 7 in my base (result of a long breeding process) for 70-80 days already with nothing but berries and meat in the trough (the only seed they saw was 40 lineages ago when i was taming their ancestors xD). I'm using one for this whole time too... And to be honest i always assumed they was carnivores after tamed - they actually harvest meat... but now checking the wiki it says "herbivores" LOL

On 2/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, Cowgirl said:

My friend on official breeds featherlights. They can be awesome if you get them good. My bulbdog is like a backpack for me I can keep an extra set of armor and pods and a shotgun and ammo in him. 

You can gatherer lots of high levels in the Element Vaults, do some breeding and easily get a OP one. I got my breeding line to over 1000% melee base already (literally 0 nameless spawns using them), can't remember exactly what's the original oxygen and stamina but both pretty high too (they charge so fast too, not even need so much stamina).

36 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Featherlights eats only seeds? Are you sure? I have 7 in my base (result of a long breeding process) for 70-80 days already with nothing but berries and meat in the trough (the only seed they saw was 40 lineages ago when i was taming their ancestors xD). I'm using one for this whole time too... And to be honest i always assumed they was carnivores after tamed - they actually harvest meat... but now checking the wiki it says "herbivores" LOL

They eat meat or seeds but if you feed them seeds you will go through like 300 of them in 1 minute, for growing ones anyway.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

They eat meat or seeds but if you feed them seeds you will go through like 300 of them in 1 minute, for growing ones anyway.

Yeah, the wiki have incomplete info on them (they are omnivores). I was just feeding mine some stims to test out the meat and she eat just fine. Lots of times when i was out for six-seven days away from any trough looting the surface and with just meat in her inventory. If was true i guess all my featherlights would be dead by now LOL (i spent a lot of time with just meat in the trough, sooo...).

Archived