Oil pump house allowed or not?

AleXtreme1

Oil pump house allowed or not?

I've been playing valguero map since its release and i often see houses built around oil pumps. As far as i know the oil pump can be destroyed after one day by any other player but people build metal houses around them to prevent this. The code of conduct says that it is not allowed "Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)"

After submitting a ticket to the wildcard support team i get the following message  "Blocking oil veins is allowed as long as your tribe owns the pump and the buildings enclosing it."

I submitted a ticket 2 days later for a blocked gas vein and they solved it. I am a little confused. So what are the important resources that shouldn't be blocked?Capture.thumb.JPG.eece280804249cef5aa67fdd8bec6990.JPG

Maybe you are not allowed to block resources that other players can't obtain anywhere else on the map. For example oil can be obtained from oil rocks besides oil veins but congealed gas can only be obtained from the gas veins. Anyway, an official answer would be great as long as all players must respect the code of conduct.

4 hours ago, Axirpy said:

People who build houses around important resources are really idiots. Leaving the oil pump unlocked is the best solution for everyone, but yeah you know.. Selfish people...

This clearly should not be allowed.

They should remove the lock option from the oil pump completely or any other resource collector that can harvest so players wont need to build around them. Seen a lot of pumps that where owned by one tribe and where locked. If building not allowed they  can set rules that will not allow other objects then a harvester but it is easier to put in COC that it is or is not allowed then change it in the coding. Even if a pump Is unlocked others will come and demolish it when timer is up and lock it.

I had such an oil-pump-house for good reasons.

First: You can place oil-pumps even in pillar-protected area. I noticed that when I saw the empty vein of my neighbour and thought "I can't place my pump on his vein because it's in his pillar range. But hey, let's try anyway, maybe it works".

And it worked. My pump between the pillars of my neighbour. Oil pumps do ignore land ownership when placed.

After a while I noticed that my pump was damaged allthough I had never a fight there. Special conditions which are coming up and then leading to a slowly destruction of the pump, which was the reason the pump of the neighbour vanished. He wasn't online often enough to mention that.

Because I didn't want to live in constant fear of losing my pump I decided to build a metal encasing.

You would do this too if you have a vein.

13 hours ago, Oieru said:

We need an official answer. There shouldn't be any gray area in receiving support. 

This Gray area is  all there is. All of WC's customer service staff operate in this way. Some GMs will restore tame imprints to you if their servers delete your characters others will not. Some GMs will give you replacement tames if yours falls into the mesh others will not. Some GMs will give you  XP to get back to the level your lost character was while others will only give xp to a certain level. 

The response you get from a WC support ticket depends 100% on which GM you get.

And as far as a professional company is concerned that is simply horrible....

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

I had such an oil-pump-house for good reasons.

First: You can place oil-pumps even in pillar-protected area. I noticed that when I saw the empty vein of my neighbour and thought "I can't place my pump on his vein because it's in his pillar range. But hey, let's try anyway, maybe it works".

And it worked. My pump between the pillars of my neighbour. Oil pumps do ignore land ownership when placed.

After a while I noticed that my pump was damaged allthough I had never a fight there. Special conditions which are coming up and then leading to a slowly destruction of the pump, which was the reason the pump of the neighbour vanished. He wasn't online often enough to mention that.

Because I didn't want to live in constant fear of losing my pump I decided to build a metal encasing.

You would do this too if you have a vein.

Problem comes when and if your oil pump gets decayed, you are blocking the oil well. And thats against coc.

From the CoC, subsection PvE Specific Griefing:

"Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)"

I'd say it is a grey area at best.  It is definitely resource blocking per the CoC, so it reaaaaalllly seems like WildCard would back action to clear structures.  But then this GM says it is legal.  I feel like if they receive the right complaint, the structures will be cleared off the pump.

@TheDonnthey remove enclosed nodes, gas nodes and city terminals but oil veins are not explicitly stated there and some GM's don't seem to understand what ''ETC'' means in that context...

Some remove them and some don't, it's really bothersome that you need to explain to people what the ''etc'' stands for after listing up a few similar examples...

23 hours ago, Zapha said:

True, but how should someone see that it's decayed when it's encased?

And it can only decay if I login too late, and then the encasing is also decayed.

So where is the violation of the CoC?

Oil wells are on 2 day timer so they will decay faster than any other structure. And if there is no oil well on deposit you will see that before any structure around renders.

According to ARK Wiki the oil well is treated as wooden structure what means it's on a 8 day decay timer. When I was an active player I logged in at least once per week. So your chances are small to catch a player who still plays, but not often enough to prevent pump decaying.

Wildcard does even not free metal nodes how they should. There is this big cave in Valguero full with veins and nodes, and the cave entrances are usually blocked on all servers. I wrote several tickets to remove the doors, nothing happened.

I guess GM's do first check playtimes of accuser and the suspect, and if the suspect is an active longtime player and the accuser a newbie, the ticket will be deleted without action. Economic decision. ARK is not a democracy but a bussiness.

Archived