Legacy Future?

Nerzha

Legacy Future?

So ... I started playing ark a while ago, and for some reason the game filter was by default legacy, which resulted in me spending hours and hours on legacy servers whitout knowing. But it seems that I ended up entering a community that, despite paying the same amount as normal players, legacy servers are being excluded for "inactivity". Okay, no problem.
1º But I would like to know, will my legacy server, despite being active, will it ever be deleted?
2º Will there be a genesis map for legacy servers? Or is the real goal to delete all legacy servers?
If it’s just to reduce cost and space, there would be no problem deleting inactive servers, but if one day everything is going to be deleted at once, I’d like to stop now before spending more time and start fresh and naked. Thank you.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Nerzha said:

1º But I would like to know, will my legacy server, despite being active, will it ever be deleted?

Yes

2º Will there be a genesis map for legacy servers?

Yes

Or is the real goal to delete all legacy servers?

Yes

Best advice is to wait until Genesis is released, start up a new character there and leave Legacy behind. You will be doing yourself a favor in the long run.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, Nerzha said:

Legacy Future?

So ... I started playing ark a while ago, and for some reason the game filter was by default legacy, which resulted in me spending hours and hours on legacy servers whitout knowing. But it seems that I ended up entering a community that, despite paying the same amount as normal players, legacy servers are being excluded for "inactivity". Okay, no problem.
2º Will there be a genesis map for legacy servers? Or is the real goal to delete all legacy servers?
If it’s just to reduce cost and space, there would be no problem deleting inactive servers, but if one day everything is going to be deleted at once, I’d like to stop now before spending more time and start fresh and naked. Thank you.

this sounds exactly what happened to me 2 years ago...…...

On 2/1/2020 at 1:21 PM, Nerzha said:

Legacy Future?

you'll get your save when your server gets deleted and with that you can host it somewhere as unofficial or run the game in single player

you won't lose anything. and depending on your perspective this may be a bonus to play on legacy instead

Lol. I love all the scaremongering. How ill educated people are . Though I understand new players . It’s all the first day player base still playing now that just need to roll their necks back in and just enjoy ark. Legacy is finite. If no one plays, servers don’t stay. Simple . Done . Officials with all duped items on them are what ? Doomed to become legacy 2 . Again. If servers are being populated and played . They will not be wiped. As a business you would not pay for servers that no one plays on. Yet you wouldn’t also in the same way wipe populated servers to see your customers leave and go elsewhere. No one . No one can point out or supply evidence where it’s been stated legacy is being deleted by ......date..Which is why new content will continue to be available to legacy players as long as servers are populated and meaning in simple terms . People play.servers stay. 

Archived