Auto-decay

Moldylegs

I think unofficial can alter the dino decay? 

I know a bunch of unoffs I have played have an even neater system where people can claim your dino if you are gone.  That feels so much better than pets being destroyed.  I left a lot of good boys behind for people to "adopt."  Myself have an ice dragon someone abandon.  I saved him just in nick of time his health was at a few points he was fighting alphas - they left him on attack.  I think he'd been on the server for over a year unclaimed just frozen in an unrendered out-of-the-way place til I flew in on my argie.  

Try some unofficials out.

4 hours ago, Moldylegs said:

Auto-decay

I understand why the auto-decay was put in but I think it needs adjustment i was offline for a little under a week not  even enough time for stone builds count down to reach demolish but all my tames were auto decayed leaving a my base completely void of tames.  ?   

Yea, the dino decay is rough, especially since it takes 2 weeks to raise a giga. So you can lose something in a week that it took 2 to raise! Some emergencies last a week. That being said, I was around before auto decay was a thing and watching your neighbors dinos slowly starve to death over 3 months is pretty sad.

Two days ago I went on my "feeding trip" starting with island, rag, abe, exti and valg. Im feeding my dinos regularly every 4-5 days.

Island was fine, some structures deteled by antimesh but all good. Ragnarok good. Exti decayed, all dinos gone and wires broken so cryofridges/ferti eggs in fridge gone. Abe good. Valguero - obe base decayed, dinos gone, wyvern eggs gone, cryofridge gone, second base completely fine.

So... Whats wrong with the autodecay again? It wasnt 7 days for sure.

43 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Two days ago I went on my "feeding trip" starting with island, rag, abe, exti and valg. Im feeding my dinos regularly every 4-5 days.

Island was fine, some structures deteled by antimesh but all good. Ragnarok good. Exti decayed, all dinos gone and wires broken so cryofridges/ferti eggs in fridge gone. Abe good. Valguero - obe base decayed, dinos gone, wyvern eggs gone, cryofridge gone, second base completely fine.

So... Whats wrong with the autodecay again? It wasnt 7 days for sure.

It may have been that a roll back happened and set back time to before you had visited.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:44 AM, Cowgirl said:

Yea, the dino decay is rough, especially since it takes 2 weeks to raise a giga. So you can lose something in a week that it took 2 to raise! Some emergencies last a week. That being said, I was around before auto decay was a thing and watching your neighbors dinos slowly starve to death over 3 months is pretty sad.

Fun experiment:  Get a Juvenile Giga surrounded with enough TEK troughs that it autodecays before hitting adulthood.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

It may have been that a roll back happened and set back time to before you had visited.

I have (had) hundreds of dinos on every server, I spent about an hour on each. Not sure if they would rollback it that much.

Sad thing is my gigas on exti had thousands of ele inside them (because I got raided before) and they all decayed :D

Archived