Tek tree?? ?

XxXMissPinkXxX

Tek tree?? ?

Hey guys! So I'm still pretty new and learning as much as possible,  but I have a couple of questions. So I understand tek must be unlocked by defeating bosses. I created a personal server on the island and defeated a boss and it said I had unlocked a few tek engrams. But when I hopped back into an online server I've been playing on, it now shows what those engrams are, but I cannot actually learn them. 

I'm not understanding what I am doing wrong. Do I need to defeat the bosses in each online server I join to get tek??

Also, I am playing on a server that has AA items and am having issues placing a smithicator. It says I need to place it on a floor, which I've tried placing it on stone foundation, metal foundation, ceiling, and even outside. It stays red and will not let me place it anywhere. Is this a bug or am I missing something?? 

Please help! Thank you.

26 minutes ago, XxXMissPinkXxX said:

Tek tree?? ?

Hey guys! So I'm still pretty new and learning as much as possible,  but I have a couple of questions. So I understand tek must be unlocked by defeating bosses. I created a personal server on the island and defeated a boss and it said I had unlocked a few tek engrams. But when I hopped back into an online server I've been playing on, it now shows what those engrams are, but I cannot actually learn them. 

I'm not understanding what I am doing wrong. Do I need to defeat the bosses in each online server I join to get tek??

Also, I am playing on a server that has AA items and am having issues placing a smithicator. It says I need to place it on a floor, which I've tried placing it on stone foundation, metal foundation, ceiling, and even outside. It stays red and will not let me place it anywhere. Is this a bug or am I missing something?? 

Please help! Thank you.

Each online character has their own engrams. For instance I have 3 different characters because I don't like to server hop. One of them used to have SE engrams because she was created there, but the one that was created on theisle and never left it did not. So yes, in short you must complete the bosses with each character you want to have specific engrams. I can't help you with your second question but good luck with it. 

39 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Each online character has their own engrams. For instance I have 3 different characters because I don't like to server hop. One of them used to have SE engrams because she was created there, but the one that was created on theisle and never left it did not. So yes, in short you must complete the bosses with each character you want to have specific engrams. I can't help you with your second question but good luck with it. 

So if I want all of the tek engrams on a pvp server I have to join a cluster right? Or can I upload the character that has them unlocked to any server? 

15 minutes ago, XxXMissPinkXxX said:

So if I want all of the tek engrams on a pvp server I have to join a cluster right? Or can I upload the character that has them unlocked to any server? 

I believe that all the maps share the same tek engrams, but I could be wrong about that. I only have SE and the original. But like if you wanted I(non tek) extinction engrams for a specific character you have to have THAT character at the level and on the map/DLC to get it on that character. You shouldn't need a cluster to get the tek engrams but you will have to defeat the bosses on the official server (with each character you want to unlock the engrams with)  in order to unlock them. 

Archived