No More Legacy?

Spektakel

no more legacy?

I read at several news sites that ARK is closing all legacy servers at January 29th and this will be the last wipe. The official news pretty much sounded similiar though not as specific. Well obviously that didn't happen, at least my 127 ist still alive.

Now I am confused, does this mean all remaining legacy servers are now normal servers? And there wont be any more legacy servers being wiped?

I know back in the days legacy servers where seperated from standard servers because players had an huge head start, there where tons of duped equipment and dinos around. I don't think this is relevant nowadays anymore, last time I checked standard servers I have seen tons of dinos at level 800 and higher, something I have never seen on legacy servers. Also I have seen absurdely large bases made from Tek structures, something you don't see on legacy either. I don't think Legacy still has an advantage over standard.

So why not simply reintegrate legacy to standard cluster?

51 minutes ago, Spektakel said:

no more legacy?

I read at several news sites that ARK is closing all legacy servers at January 29th and this will be the last wipe. The official news pretty much sounded similiar though not as specific. Well obviously that didn't happen, at least my 127 ist still alive.

Now I am confused, does this mean all remaining legacy servers are now normal servers? And there wont be any more legacy servers being wiped?

I know back in the days legacy servers where seperated from standard servers because players had an huge head start, there where tons of duped equipment and dinos around. I don't think this is relevant nowadays anymore, last time I checked standard servers I have seen tons of dinos at level 800 and higher, something I have never seen on legacy servers. Also I have seen absurdely large bases made from Tek structures, something you don't see on legacy either. I don't think Legacy still has an advantage over standard.

All PVP servers were removed on the 28th, that may have been what was being referred to. At this point they probably wont cluster them because I don't even know if you can but also as it is they are not obligated to provide support to legacy as they warned us when they were created as legacy that support is not provided anymore, so it is far less for them to do if they keep them separate. Also they are going to likely end up recycling all legacy into new things eventually, probably especially when gen 2 comes out. 

I think that there was a statement burried somewhere on their twitter that legacy servers will remain if they are still high-populated. But I wouldnt take that as granted.

For example my pve island survived all migrations and there are around 10 tribes that are active daily with 2-3 people. Why would they shut down this server instead of an official pve island with barely 5 people online during peak hours.

Community  crunch  135 states that there will be the top populated servers for legacy to remain  let's hope wildcard sticks to their word @Cedric we the legacy community  don't want to join official.the toxicity the constant disconnects .lag just a few reasons why Wildcard  should keep these  few servers  open for us it's less $$$$ money on support  issues + population  there's not enough room for the hundreds that still inhabit legacy the official  cluster barely handles the population  atm. let alone us coming to join.just food for thought;)

After losing Legacy Scorched Earth 796, a server I have been on since SE released, I think maybe instead of slowly tearing off the band-aide WC should probably just rip it off and end all Legacy servers. My main island server population is dwindling to near nothing, sometimes I am the only one on. New players only come there because they don't know it's a legacy server, and they don't stay long once they figure it out. We lost so many big tribes to the Extinction corrupted kiting issue, there is no one left. It's time to end it, I'll take the save files for whenever I feel nostalgic.

11 hours ago, Spektakel said:

no more legacy?

Not ALL legacy. They saved the last remaining legacy servers for when Genesis Part 2 comes out. ?

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Erinn said:

I think that there was a statement buried somewhere on their twitter that legacy servers will remain if they are still high-populated. But I wouldn't take that as granted.

Nope. They just closed a lot of high populated PVP servers.

When the time comes, it comes.

And it will come.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to No More Legacy?
55 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nope. They just closed a lot of high populated PVP servers.

When the time comes, it comes.

And it will come.

This♡.♡....I believe you 100% since it's well known that wildcard doesn't ever .....stick to what they state...trust means nothing aperantly. How can we trust in our community  managers if they keep saying stuff and then doing the complete opposite. ..but hey I'm a have fun till the doors close atleast...

Can’t we just calm down and spread the love . Why are community managers fear mongering? Can everyone incl legacy players just be allowed to enjoy a fantastic game . So much time invested . A loyal player base . And yet legacy players are constantly being slapped around the face with a wipe hammer. Are people that eager to see the death of ark . Ark itself is finite. If people are playing and populating servers . Let them be. 

Archived