Bring Hardcore Back To Life

SpartanTagB312

Suggestion

Bring Hardcore Back To Life

Hello, I play on NA-PVP-Xbox-Valguero-Hardcore9 and other Hardcore servers on the platform. The population on the Hardcore servers at average is 2-4 players, with some servers barely averaging 1 player. But on the weekends, some servers can have as many 18 players which aren't a lot compared to other official servers but is fantastic for Hardcore. Talking to new players, the main reason they quit is that it's too hard/time-consuming, and a lot end up messing around on small tribes due to the increased rates. I think if Hardcores rates mimicked that of small tribes, it would bring new players to Hardcore. I think this would be the easiest way to up the populations of these servers thank you for your consideration.

-The Hardcore Community 

6 replies to this server topic

This is a tough one . Hardcore is brutal but that’s why I play it . The risks are higher and that gives it a more intense gaming experience resulting in a more strategic approach in every action I take . That being said , this is also why it is not for everyone. Increased rates like small tribes would likely attract players to this unforgiving play style however ,  it does just seem like putting the bumpers up in a bowling alley .

This is a great idea! I am a solo player and losing everything when I die is a real heart break, but having that boosted rates and breeding would make life a lot nicer and more forgiving in the ark world. I know people will say hardcore is suppose to be a challenge  but there is a difference between a unnecessary challenge and a engaging challenge. 

I feel like this would bring new players to Hardcore while retaining the difficulty Hardcore gives players. It isn't changing the mechanics that make hardcore great, which is if you die, you lose your character completely. I feel like small tribe's rates might be too high and just raising the rates to maybe x2 harvesting, XP, Taming, and Breeding 24/7 or perhaps x2 harvesting, XP, and Taming 24/7 instead of just the weekends. Would keep the Hardcore grind alive while also encouraging players to play during the week instead of just going hard on the weekend. 

I’m not sure if increased rates will influence long term play and longevity so much as increase the burn and turn of weekend warriors.  They’d come and go faster maybe, but the longevity demographic base would not see significant increase in likelihood.  But then, this humble carpenter knows little about such complexities.  If others wiser than myself believe this would influence a population increase of a nontoxic sort, I would be all for it.

Not sure why they got rid of it in the first place. 

This could be a better alternative than wiping out Official PvP Servers.

Even though it's mainly filled with Alpha Tribes and their mutated dinos. 

Dev's should create events to reward players who are able to survive after a month or a year. 

They could enhance the competition of Hardcore Mode if they turned it into something like the Hunger Games or Battle Royale.  

This would be much more entertaining for streamers to broadcast on their channels, and attract more viewers/players for ARK. 

Archived