server updates / mod id no.`s ?

24Auhr

server updates / mod id no.`s ?

Hi all

I have recently been granted server admin privileges on a fairly active server .

my duty is to update the mods whenever they issue new releases .

the problem is that i do not know how to identify which mod has been updated

i am limited to using the web interface and iv been advised to not use the generic "update mods" button because it takes so long for the server to restart.

instead i need to use the "download mod" button and enter the mod ID here to update mods manually .

tldr : how do i tell which mod has been updated ?

Ok i understand that your a very intelligent person and that's probably a very intelligent answer

but

1: i have no idea what that means

2: me dabbeling in the server owners ini files should (i`d hope) result in a reasonably swift kick in the ass

i thought my question would have had an easy answer , can we approach this again from a different angle ?

>> tldr : how do i tell which mod has been updated ?

Take a look in GameUserSettings.ini.   There might be a line which says "ActiveMods=…."  For example...
[ServerSettings]
ActiveMods=731604991,1333671171,821530042,793605978

And Game.ini should have a line for each mod...
[ModInstaller]
ModIDS=731604991
ModIDS=1333671171
ModIDS=821530042
ModIDS=793605978

So you can look at the Workshop page for each mod to see if there's been an update.

For example: 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731604991

The thing is:  You shouldn't update a mod while the servers are running.  You could cause corruption in some files.  

I'd also recommend that you don't manually update any mods.  This is more prone to error than having the Ark server pull the mods for you.
You should stop the servers before updating any mods.  It might take some time, but it's the correct way to do the job.

Archived