GM policy on replacing lost stuff

Oieru

On 1/31/2020 at 12:11 PM, GrumpyBear said:

The whole losing dinos on teleporters has a few contributing factors and could have more than one reason for it happening.  One major mistake I've seen on my island server from several people is having leashes overlapping their teleporters.  WHen you teleport out of an area w/ a leash on it, the animal is still bound by the leash when you tp away.  What happens is the animal will appear away from the tp directly in a line towards the leashed area.  As soon as you approach the animal after finding it, it will blink out and in further along the path towards the leash.  It is possible to eventually get the animal under control and mounted, but it could take several tries.  and eventually it could end up back at the leashed area if you keep going at it and never are able to mount it.

I had an ally just last night make this same claim and he found it based on my instructions.

Though it sounds possible this isnt' the case. Lately we have been seeing our tames show up incredibly late to the teleporter after we have already tp'ed.  Like you could tp back to see if it was left behind, find it not there, go back and it could show up a little after you get back again even.  If it never shows up, the other thing to do it check the map at location 50 50, as they sometimes end up there.

I was farming wood with mammoth ontop a quetz platform... using the commands to move her... anyway stuff on quezt doesn’t get teleported... now so mammoth fall down onto teleportal. 
so I’m like ok let go ahead and head back to base and teleport back... well someone how I don’t know but I think some guy also teleported to my base when I was teleporting in.... and somehow mammoth just glitch in and now dead and dev that did my ticket told me that we can’t replace dinos lost by anti mesh...  we also lost a rock drake on abb because it landed in strange spot and got deleted by the system... in a boss fight last night we bought in some folks from tribe alliance we have and toke them into a boss fight.. in the fight the one girl rex got push into map by manticore boss... she dismount and is instance killed by anti mesh in the boss fight... explain me why THiS ANTi MESH system was needed? Like we on PVE and been hard working players who grinded out the stuff for a boss fight like growing boss rexes making armor. Farming metal... tons of meat runs only to be told that if anti Mesh kill a dino there no way to get said stuff replace feel like future of ARK is coming to a END and with delays of future content and no stability of bugs that plague this game will cause this game to end Soon for many loyal players who have play since days of legacy.”..like no news on connection Issues”. “Dinos staving while on toughs” 

now add ANTI Mesh.

Wish for pve the system could be turn off.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, 1megatron124 said:

I was farming wood with mammoth ontop a quetz platform... using the commands to move her... anyway stuff on quezt doesn’t get teleported... now so mammoth fall down onto teleportal. 
so I’m like ok let go ahead and head back to base and teleport back... well someone how I don’t know but I think some guy also teleported to my base when I was teleporting in.... and somehow mammoth just glitch in and now dead and dev that did my ticket told me that we can’t replace dinos lost by anti mesh...  we also lost a rock drake on abb because it landed in strange spot and got deleted by the system... in a boss fight last night we bought in some folks from tribe alliance we have and toke them into a boss fight.. in the fight the one girl rex got push into map by manticore boss... she dismount and is instance killed by anti mesh in the boss fight... explain me why THiS ANTi MESH system was needed? Like we on PVE and been hard working players who grinded out the stuff for a boss fight like growing boss rexes making armor. Farming metal... tons of meat runs only to be told that if anti Mesh kill a dino there no way to get said stuff replace feel like future of ARK is coming to a END and with delays of future content and no stability of bugs that plague this game will cause this game to end Soon for many loyal players who have play since days of legacy.”..like no news on connection Issues”. “Dinos staving while on toughs” 

now add ANTI Mesh.

Wish for pve the system could be turn off.

I totally agree for pve that system should be turned off.

This is bs for pve, what would I care if my neighbors on pve even wanted to mesh? But idk of anyone who even does... Pve'rs don't need this antimesh insanity- cause we are not all at war wild card! Perhaps the rational is they want to get it all ironed out for both pve and pvp so they can someday fix the pve declaration of war system, in that unlikely event I guess I wouldn't want to get meshed. But in the mean time to say that you cant replace the dinos because you can't know it is a true false positives, when people are offering proof, is as capricious and vindictive as this insane buggy system itself. Nobody on pve even wants to try to cheat this way, punishing them is just going to force more people to quit. For pve and pvp saying they cant look at your proofs is unreasonable. They are just sticking their heads in the sand because of the shear volume of the false positives- because this is such a bad system. Anyways disabling it for pve would reduce some of that load...

The anti mesh on PVE is purely for reporting bad spots. PVE is the incubation rest area for the aggressiveness of the anti-mesh because PVE players are more apt to report the issues. 

I think the miss is Wildcard not replacing gear on this. They would get a much better response if they figured out a way to replace everything. But they can’t allocate the proper resources to do that with the volume of tickets they have and would receive. 

Par for the course really for Wildcards customer service. They struggle to do what the players want, and that drives them off the game.  It’s all about the bottom dollar. I know I won’t be purchasing any further DLC’s because of how burned we’ve been in recent times and the genesis 2 month delay. 

No restoration of false positive killed dino's. Ridiculous

So i submitted a ticket because my mana just disappeared out of nowhere and apparently was mesh detected.

Ive sent the video with it that shows i wasnt anywhere in mesh 

But no i spent 4 days raising something that just vanishes because wc messed up but it doesnt get restored.

They drop by for the tinyest things but not something that was actually their fault.

If i write in the false positive section about how this is ridiculous the post gets deleted.

So i start my own topic about it.

Theres probably  a lot of people who'd like to complain about this also seeing how many people already lost stuff

because they once again implemented something  that caused more problems.

Yeah i love the fact that i cant get meshhattacked anymore and i do compliment them for finally working on it but its still bugged.

Wich is their mistake not mine

https://youtu.be/ez9QwPeVQGA

On 1/30/2020 at 7:30 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

I've spoken with the lead for the support staff.

The policy is that no items or dinos will be replaced because the support staff doesn't have the ability to verify whether or not it was killed/removed legitimately (it was in the mesh) or by a bug.

And if u send video evidence of what happened,  wich is verification u still dont reimburse. Stop going against your own word pls  

On 1/30/2020 at 10:30 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

I've spoken with the lead for the support staff.

The policy is that no items or dinos will be replaced because the support staff doesn't have the ability to verify whether or not it was killed/removed legitimately (it was in the mesh) or by a bug.

If somebody is playing PvE, I don't think that's as valid a point as it would be for PvP.

But regardless, until they iron out all of the kinks with the anti-meshing system, they should have a more lenient policy. Look at the false positives thread. That's a lot of folks losing stuff that they shouldn't be losing. Now imagine how many people don't know about this forum or aren't bothering to post.

There's too many false positives happening from this new system for the "we can't know for sure" argument to hold water.

3 hours ago, khanthe said:

If somebody is playing PvE, I don't think that's as valid a point as it would be for PvP.

But regardless, until they iron out all of the kinks with the anti-meshing system, they should have a more lenient policy. Look at the false positives thread. That's a lot of folks losing stuff that they shouldn't be losing. Now imagine how many people don't know about this forum or aren't bothering to post.

There's too many false positives happening from this new system for the "we can't know for sure" argument to hold water.

Somehow I start to think that the major reason why ark survival official players complain and worry so much is because:

Although we are supposed to be normal players on normal servers,  official server doubles as the testing server for unstable and uncompleted updates.

Awww.... but if you think about it, no one will play on the dedicated testing cluster unless they are paid to do so (if developers actually made one), so I guess this problem has no solution...…..

On 1/30/2020 at 7:50 PM, flamron said:

This is why I won’t be playing for a few weeks (maybe longer if problems continue). I won’t be the guinea pig for false positive reports while I lose full tek suits and 1100+ melee gigas. I will render while everything remains podded I guess. Good way to drive players out of the game...

Bad news. Seem is safer to keep them unpodded as cryofridge  can be unlocked by anyone  just like tek dedicated storage or like many structures can be turned off/on by bad people.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

This is bs for pve, what would I care if my neighbors on pve even wanted to mesh? But idk of anyone who even does... Pve'rs don't need this antimesh insanity- cause we are not all at war wild card! Perhaps the rational is they want to get it all ironed out for both pve and pvp so they can someday fix the pve declaration of war system, in that unlikely event I guess I wouldn't want to get meshed. But in the mean time to say that you cant replace the dinos because you can't know it is a true false positives, when people are offering proof, is as capricious and vindictive as this insane buggy system itself. Nobody on pve even wants to try to cheat this way, punishing them is just going to force more people to quit. For pve and pvp saying they cant look at your proofs is unreasonable. They are just sticking their heads in the sand because of the shear volume of the false positives- because this is such a bad system. Anyways disabling it for pve would reduce some of that load...

War system was turn off because there was a way for tribe alliances to get other tribes into war... 

tribe A is ally with tribe B

B set war the tribe C

C then attacks A who A didn’t know that they were now at war with tribe C thanks to tribe B....

so war system is turn off on pve....

On 2/7/2020 at 1:17 AM, 1megatron124 said:

War system was turn off because there was a way for tribe alliances to get other tribes into war... 

tribe A is ally with tribe B

B set war the tribe C

C then attacks A who A didn’t know that they were now at war with tribe C thanks to tribe B....

so war system is turn off on pve....

Incorrect. War was disabled for a short time on PVE. It is and has been active for months. I believe they forgot to keep it disabled after the initial patch and never bothered to turn it off again. 

Archived