Tames having miscarriage?

Masurao

I always place pregnant ovises on a ramp, the baby falls under it. If I didnt, it would fall endlessly in the vast void under the map to be devoured by the ever-hungry ark god.

Now seriously - this bug has been around since beta, baby sheeps falling under foundations (if you are lucky) or directly under map. I really recommend placing female ovises on ramp or ceiling.

6 hours ago, Erinn said:

I always place pregnant ovises on a ramp, the baby falls under it. If I didnt, it would fall endlessly in the vast void under the map to be devoured by the ever-hungry ark god.

Now seriously - this bug has been around since beta, baby sheeps falling under foundations (if you are lucky) or directly under map. I really recommend placing female ovises on ramp or ceiling.

Wow....Since beta? I guess I had a sixth sense telling me not to breed things when I first played for a reason. I had one out of four fall through metal foundations before, so I destroyed them to get to the baby, but then in my moment of genius to have them born on just solid ground to prevent this problem, the brilliance that is ark takes it one step further as if to spite my efforts.

The sad part is: Nothing flew out of this ovis to even mesh under the map in the first place. You mean to tell me that things like this 'still' happen when you're forced to wait hours for this type of result in the first place? 

.....Noted.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm going to put this thing on a 20ft diving board overlooking several rampa along the way and I bet the baby does a 180 jackknife and flies through tje bottom of the map, teleporting through the base and glitches enough to be mistaken for an RPG round and detonates to take out half the pen before crashing my console..

At this rate, I'd put money on that.

Ovis are a special case, most animals won't do that.  I think fixing ovis breeding is a low priority as they are only used for wool and their meat.  No need to breed them for tons of mutations. I can tame 10 a day on aberration w/out looking too hard, I think they know that too so they don't care about ovis.

Any animal that has a habit of going through the floor or say the dein eggs for example do the same thing, they will fall right into a foundation.  To stop having to break foundations or look under your base for ovis and dein eggs, place them on top of a bunch of crop plots all set down as close together as possible.  This will stop anything from falling through.

10 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Ovis are a special case, most animals won't do that.  I think fixing ovis breeding is a low priority as they are only used for wool and their meat.  No need to breed them for tons of mutations. I can tame 10 a day on aberration w/out looking too hard, I think they know that too so they don't care about ovis.

Any animal that has a habit of going through the floor or say the dein eggs for example do the same thing, they will fall right into a foundation.  To stop having to break foundations or look under your base for ovis and dein eggs, place them on top of a bunch of crop plots all set down as close together as possible.  This will stop anything from falling through.

I'll be using both of these solutions. I do appreciate it, because this game wants to waste as much of your time as humanly possible.

10 hours ago, Masurao said:

The sad part is: Nothing flew out of this ovis to even mesh under the map in the first place. You mean to tell me that things like this 'still' happen when you're forced to wait hours for this type of result in the first place?

It seems like nothing spawns under the ovis but thats not true. When you breed other mammals like equuses or wolves, the baby spawns at the top of their tail and falls on ground. I think ovis babies have a weird range for spawning, and not at the tail but they spawn directly under them like mammoth or bear babies. But with the weird long spawning range they go directly under floor.

Since I put my females on a ramp, I havent lost a single baby. Im a proud owner of an almost 400% melee ovis bloodline.

Why? Because I can.

On 1/31/2020 at 12:41 AM, Erinn said:

It seems like nothing spawns under the ovis but thats not true. When you breed other mammals like equuses or wolves, the baby spawns at the top of their tail and falls on ground. I think ovis babies have a weird range for spawning, and not at the tail but they spawn directly under them like mammoth or bear babies. But with the weird long spawning range they go directly under floor.

Since I put my females on a ramp, I havent lost a single baby. Im a proud owner of an almost 400% melee ovis bloodline.

Why? Because I can.

For me they do this weird bounce as if they'd just been released from a pokeball. But you have those too? I spec'd mine for stamina, speed and 390%+ melee. 

Also because why not?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:41 AM, Erinn said:

Why? Because I can.

What on earth do you need 400 melee ovis for? Health would make sense for more mutton but melee... Dont think  you are gonna do boss fights with them.

4 hours ago, Luewen said:

What on earth do you need 400 melee ovis for? Health would make sense for more mutton but melee... Dont think  you are gonna do boss fights with them.

There is a moment in every breeders life when he decides to create something infinitely useless with no real purpose.

I also have base lvl 300+ dodos, some high lvl archaeopteryxes etc just because there was no-one to stop me from creating these abominations.

19 hours ago, Erinn said:

There is a moment in every breeders life when he decides to create something infinitely useless with no real purpose.

I also have base lvl 300+ dodos, some high lvl archaeopteryxes etc just because there was no-one to stop me from creating these abominations.

Lol, you are right on that part. But i think health would be more beneficial in the long run anyway.

Archived