How useful is the Deinonychus jumping ability?

Ducky237

How useful is the Deinonychus jumping ability?

I love the deinonychus's sound, animations, model, and all around I like using them as a quick travelling mount. But I don't know of any advantages of jumping onto a large creature with a deinonychus. Your melee does the same amount of damage (last I checked), your attack speed is slower, and the dino you're on can still hit you. Is there any reason to cling to a dino rather than just attacking it on the ground?

11 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

You can't be knocked back by Brontos, Diplos, Rexes, etc. and it looks way cooler! ? 

I didn't think about knockback, I suppose that could be useful during PvP against other players' rexes. It does look awesome, but that was Deinonychus's main "selling point" if you will when Valguero was announced. I just wish it was a little better for PvE

21 hours ago, Ducky237 said:

I didn't think about knockback, I suppose that could be useful during PvP against other players' rexes. It does look awesome, but that was Deinonychus's main "selling point" if you will when Valguero was announced. I just wish it was a little better for PvE

They can be used to take out alphas assuming you have a strong one, useful for before your first wyverns I guess 

Archived