Pillar Mayhem

MayonnaisePlease

Pillar Mayhem

Is there any reason as to why the majority of official pve servers are littered in pillars? Entire coasts, even. I've never seen it this awful before, and I played tons and tons of ark.

Getting started again is god awful now. You have to seek a crevice like a spider would to settle in without being surrounded by pillars.

Of course, I expected them. But I server hopped dozens of times today and had no luck finding a *decent* section of available land on every map that wasn't scorched or abb. I understand pillaring a little ways around your own base to prevent neighbors or getting pillared yourself, but entire coastlines?

I know threads like these get posted very, very often, but I just want to be able to play official again. ?

8 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Pillar Mayhem

Is there any reason as to why the majority of official pve servers are littered in pillars? Entire coasts, even. I've never seen it this awful before, and I played tons and tons of ark.

Getting started again is god awful now. You have to seek a crevice like a spider would to settle in without being surrounded by pillars.

Of course, I expected them. But I server hopped dozens of times today and had no luck finding a *decent* section of available land on every map that wasn't scorched or abb. I understand pillaring a little ways around your own base to prevent neighbors or getting pillared yourself, but entire coastlines?

I know threads like these get posted very, very often, but I just want to be able to play official again. ?

Xbox one 905 abberation is fill the teeth with pilar spam everywhere!

3 hours ago, Dinoryder said:

Sadly I only play single player because of that nonsense. I feel they should have from the beginning of the game on PvE servers created a land claim system that other games use where you can only build in a radius centered around your land claim

This would encourage teams of solo players instead of tribes. Unless the land claim system was based on tribe size. But then there could be a loophole of getting people to join and then quit for bigger land claim.

Not having PvP is the root of the issue.

Really ark PvE should employ an idea like thrones in Citadel forged with fire. Each tribe gets one and it will protect everything that is attached to it.  That way only your actual house would be secure and any pillars or random empty bases/locked up traps could be destroyed, even tames just littering the obs or random places could be killed.  

people like to complain especially after sales have started/ended. good luck finding spots on a map where the population is 20/70.  i pillar i like to pillar keeps the wall huggers away end spawn killers. i vote for pillars that are used as necessary evil to keep the creeps away.  without the pillars pve would be a troll fest.

It's an anoying problem. I play on a SE server and today i decedid to start farming. All of the water ponds and wells are occupied and pillared. I built like 10 tank, filld them and im hoping it will be enough from rain to rain to keep my crops alive.

Pillars without a minimum amount of structure should decay in 24 hours.

6 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Most people playing this game don't play PVP.

A better solution to the actual issue should be found. I don't think it's something that is a priority though.

Not sure there is a feasible solution without a completely new Ark (like an Ark 2).

PvE would need to be significantly different to focus on cooperative and tribe based survival.

Putting one or two lines of pillars around your base is pretty much required nowadays or otherwise people will block your base with all kind of stupid buildings. I need to be ashamed of myself, my base from 2016 - no cryo pods back then - is a whopping 40x80 covering a large part of the east coast. Though I took great efforts to not block paths for people passing by. Nowadays I would never ever build anything larger than 30x30 and even that only for my main base with dozends of XXL animals on my main server. Most time you are fine with a 20x20 base nowadays.

I have been playing survival games with land claim mechanisms for nearly ten years and every game I know had a simple solution: Land Claims cost resources.

You put down a Flag, a claim stone, whatever. Afterwards you need to add resources every week or so to this claim structure to keep the base alive. Usually the small first bases are dirt cheap,, a typical ARK house 5x5 foundations would be like 25 stone per week. Even a rather big 30x30 base would be only around 900 stones. But if someone wants to claim/pillar an 100x100 area that would be around 10.000 stones.

I never had problems with overly big land claims on those games.

The good old player that used to pillar 40% of the server went on vacation, most of his pillars decayed.

The result?: 5/6 box tribes and 1 american tribe snow owling dozens of dinos, plus unpodding around 200/300 dinos (im not against this), plus doing 30x60 bases (im not against this either).

Server performance went to the floor.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:44 AM, MayonnaisePlease said:

Pillar Mayhem

Ye i know what you mean also if you need to make a trap its impossible because your too close to an enemy foundation/structure

13 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

people like to complain especially after sales have started/ended. good luck finding spots on a map where the population is 20/70.  i pillar i like to pillar keeps the wall huggers away end spawn killers. i vote for pillars that are used as necessary evil to keep the creeps away.  without the pillars pve would be a troll fest.

People like you should have account banned then for spoiling it for the rest of us.

thats  your opinion don't know how much time you spend is this game, if normal players did not use pillars there would be box pillars on every spot and some newb that would build on a resource and not log in anymore until  the structures decay. so before you say something spend more time in game and not only have your login screen open.

4 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

One of the main reasons I would never play on official servers, thankfully we can run our own private clusters with this game. The cluster I run for a group of people has this as one of our primary rules...

image.thumb.png.4d8c04308435adfca72bfe37904beb4b.png

cluster with an active gm and not so toxic community with people that respect each others space. would be good add  on official.

But since official is not private we have todo it in another way to protect our game experience.

Archived