Advice on Breeding for Stats

KIDD0

there are some good videos on youtube, RoyalewithCheese just did one within a month, basically find and tame a few Males and Females all within max level.  I like to farm as many as I can for the best roll in stats (ie, look sat stat rolls within levels 140 to 150 on official).  Get the male and female to breed until you start getting all stats on one animal and work to get one female with all stats and one male with all stats and then breed those two up for your first imprinted stated animal.  Keep going for mutations but to combine stat mutations go with Syntac's video on super mutation breeding because it will take even longer to get clean breed with mutated animals beyone that 20 mutation limit etc.

If you are just breeding for stats the first part will work but takes some time, you can increase your chance of all stats on one animal if you add a few more female offspring to the one male to increase egg output IF you get some of those stats to combine and look at the levels produced to find the combined stated animals.  Again just hunt down some YT vids as there are some decent ones out there.

1 minute ago, ehuhoser said:

there are some good videos on youtube, RoyalewithCheese just did one within a month, basically find and tame a few Males and Females all within max level.  I like to farm as many as I can for the best roll in stats (ie, look sat stat rolls within levels 140 to 150 on official).  Get the male and female to breed until you start getting all stats on one animal and work to get one female with all stats and one male with all stats and then breed those two up for your first imprinted stated animal.  Keep going for mutations but to combine stat mutations go with Syntac's video on super mutation breeding because it will take even longer to get clean breed with mutated animals beyone that 20 mutation limit etc.

If you are just breeding for stats the first part will work but takes some time, you can increase your chance of all stats on one animal if you add a few more female offspring to the one male to increase egg output IF you get some of those stats to combine and look at the levels produced to find the combined stated animals.  Again just hunt down some YT vids as there are some decent ones out there.

The short explanation you gave here was very good! Thank you. It made a lot more sense to me. Thanks!

One tip I would give is to tame dinos with exceptionally high stats before you bother breeding for mutations. It took only 8 tames for me to go from average 5000 HP Therizinos to acceptable 8352 HP Therizinos. Breeding those 5000 HP Theris until I got several mutations in HP would have taken many months. Taming took a few weeks.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, mattj said:

One tip I would give is to tame dinos with exceptionally high stats before you bother breeding for mutations. It took only 8 tames for me to go from average 5000 HP Therizinos to acceptable 8352 HP Therizinos. Breeding those 5000 HP Theris until I got several mutations in HP would have taken many months. Taming took a few weeks.

Thank you :D I will keep that in mind and keep my app open to see what has top stats!

Archived