Wildcard doesn't care about its player base

CHaRLieDonTsURf

Wildcard doesn't care about its player base

Here goes yet another thread about how ARK is perma-bugged, and Wildcard doesn't care, so if you've heard it all before, or are otherwise disinterested in reading one more disgruntled player bitch-fest, please move along...

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not just some pissed-off preteen.  I'm an adult, 40-something, husband, father, etc... I've been a gamer my entire life.  I know games are flawed.  I get it...

I'm not here to complain about the flaws in ARK (Lord knows, no one is going to read a post that long).  I'm here to complain about the blatant disregard for its player base that Wildcard seems to have.

My issue started (like many others) with the perma-bugged Manticore on Valguero.  You know the drill... go in with 19 level 400+ Rexes (all wearing ascendant saddles) and a level 300+ Yuty.  Kill the dragon and gorilla in about a minute, then spend the next 20 minutes staring up at a Manticore that refuses to land for more than 5-10 seconds.  **POOF**  There went the months of breeding/hatching/maturing/levelling... All those mats for saddles, gone too!  This actually happened three times.  Only after the 3rd one did I decide to enter a ticket.  What can I say, I play ARK.  Obviously I'm a glutton for punishment.  But, like I said, this is where my bitch-fest begins...

I created a bug report ticket on Dec 28th.  I finally got a response that my issue had been assigned to GM Rose.  Yay!!  I actually get an appointment with a GM!  On Jan 11th, I go in to pick my appointment time/date...  First available?  Today, 4:30 PST.  They said "Sorry for your loss, we can compensate you with 5 level 201 dinos of your choosing".  Don't even get me started on how 5 level 201 dinos is supposed to be compensation for 50ish level 400+ rexes and the saddles... (oh, the saddles!).  Anyway, I had decided to move back to the Aberration server I used to play on, and ditch Valguero.  I couldn't remember exactly what all I would need to help me get going over there, so I just threw out a random sampling of dinos for the GM to "compensate" me with: 2 megalosaurus, 1 Karkinos, 1 roll rat, and a rock drake.  That should do it.

So, I start a new ARK life back on Ab.  Yay me.  Three weeks in, I've got all that I need to survive.  It has however become apparent, that if I want to take on Rockwell, I'd be much better served by getting a good line of Megas going.  So, I email GM Rose and say "can I change that list of dinos"?  What do think the response was?  I bet you said "No".  In your mind...  Well, no.  The response was actually "Sorry, but I can't make the appointment time".  She said: Tell me the cords of your base.  I did.  Then, I said, what do you mean you can't make the appointment?  She said "don't worry, I went in your base, and left you your dinos (you know, the "compensation").  I was like, wait, which dinos did you leave?  The original list, or the new one?  She said "the ones you requested, have a nice day".

Anyway, I've bored myself with my own bitching, so I'm just going to chop off the post now...  Just thought I'd vent a bit, and throw it out into cyber-oblivion...  -peace

Feels bad man, I read the whole thing and I get what you are saying.  I've had my rants as well dating back for me since day one.  I've lost a lot in the beginning.  Not so much since I went to unofficial server rentals and can recover backups albeit, thanks to Nitrado (which has horrible customer support btw imho, but good service) I lost my whole Rag server with breeder lines event dinos and really good sets of armor, it was 1.5 year old server ever since Rag came out.  Anyway, I get it, the Manticore on Val is borked and we know that WC does not really update modder created maps.  A reason why I don't get into that fight on Val with Rex and Yuty's.  

Personally if it was me and the GM offered level 201 dinos I would have went with dinos that would be pressed to find over 150 level that you cannot breed that way you would have the highest level that cannot be obtained.  Karkinos, Reaper, RockDrake etc.  Wonder why level 201 was offered and not say 250 or 200 etc.  At least you got something, many GMs end up not doing anything.  I know it sucks, the time, the mats/saddles, and more.  I just would not call it a WC hates its player base and maybe something else. :)

39 minutes ago, CHaRLieDonTsURf said:

Yes, exactly what I asked for.  Sorry I took up your time.

So moral of the story is the GMs do care and you're just a sook??? Like yeah I understand the frustration at losing mounts to boss fight bugs but you requested support and they actually went above and beyond their standard yet still you say they dont care? 

What can I say except its people like you that make threads like this which is exactly what is wrong with giving people on the internet or otherwise free speech.

@CHaRLieDonTsURfyesterday was the first ragna boss I have done in over half a year and it was only beta. I don't trust this game with anything and only used 10 male rexes with 2,8k melee a pig and some velos. The velos destroyed the golems and the manticore in the air but you can't use them on Valguero because the manticore flies too high...

The manticore is a buggy mess and only get's worse if combined with lags, which nearly every valg/ragna server has. They have probably tried fixing him at some point but gave up it seems and are concentrating on different things. A damage threshold which forces him to land for a certain time could fix it, like some Dark Souls games or Monster Hunter games have.

You can ask the support to instantly raise your babies as compensation but they don't give you imprints, so the dinos are worthless in the end. 

For Rockwell, you can just kill him on foot, the boss is laughable and dinos only make him harder. DM me if you need the tactic. 

@FreelancerKnuxhe lost around 60 dinos to bugged bossfights and they compensated him with 5 random garbage lvl 201 dinos. 

They don't give you imprints, engrams, tek or anything that is really worth the time you invested in. I can understand that people abuse the system but punishing some that have clear evidence (many pictures, videos) over such matters is just lazy. It's a great game that was build on the wrong engine and is maintained by a way too small team. Maybe the game would have been in a better state if they  weren't sued in the beginning and had to pay 40-200 millions and give up all their rights? No one knows

People attacking him are just sick of the bad threads, which I can understand but those people can always go to Reddit where everyone is just super happy and just posts happy pictures and memes about ARK.

the valguero Manticore landing bug is due to that the manticore there is probally based off the early form of the manticore from SE before it was fixed to a point and the makers of the Val Map have seem to wash their hands of fixing anything with the map and left it to WC to fix and it is on the low end of the priority list to be fixed most likely, your best bet is if u are using all ground based dinos to do the fight, try staying still and see if it will land, this tends to help on the SE manticore

@CHaRLieDonTsURf

So you got bugged out the first attempt and lost everything.  Then what you decide to do it again and lost everything to the same bug as the first time.  So why would you expect the third time round to be any different then the previous two?

I'm sure the immortal "Red Forman" would be able to describe you with one word.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

@FreelancerKnuxhe lost around 60 dinos to bugged bossfights and they compensated him with 5 random garbage lvl 201 dinos. 

They don't give you imprints, engrams, tek or anything that is really worth the time you invested in. I can understand that people abuse the system but punishing some that have clear evidence (many pictures, videos) over such matters is just lazy. It's a great game that was build on the wrong engine and is maintained by a way too small team. Maybe the game would have been in a better state if they  weren't sued in the beginning and had to pay 40-200 millions and give up all their rights? No one knows

People attacking him are just sick of the bad threads, which I can understand but those people can always go to Reddit where everyone is just super happy and just posts happy pictures and memes about ARK.

My point wasn't what they gave him its the fact that support did go above and beyond their standard for him yet still he says they dont care. 

Im quite aware that he still had great losses but well thats ark we have all experienced it, however instead of just getting a "Sorry we dont replace dinos due to players failing to finish a boss fight" response which many a player has been given he actually got helped, not to the level he would've liked but well its better than nothing. Yet still he trashes them. 

Could've just made the post "boss fight bugs" and skipped the support part entirely and I wouldn't have bothered saying anything but its rubbish like this which end in people in support lose interest in helping at all and how the internet masses read the title and start their crusade against the devs.

2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

or join steam forums and be chewd up an spit out rofl!!!

I know the pain man. I lost 17 Rexes that were all around level 400 and 100% imprinted, complete with boosted mastercraft saddles on the Centre when trying to load into an alpha boss battle. I had video evidence of the Dino levels and the act occurring.

I was gifted 17 level 201 Rexes with 3 basic sales, a ramshackle and an apprentice saddle. 

The loss of materials for the saddles and the tributes on top of the time taken to raise the Rexes was a kick in the teeth. 

It makes you appreciate the posts on these forums where beach Bob's are complaining about a level 5 alpha raptor attacking their wooden hut and three trikes. You feel like putting your arm around their shoulder and saying the worst is truly yet to come.

11 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

So moral of the story is the GMs do care and you're just a sook??? Like yeah I understand the frustration at losing mounts to boss fight bugs but you requested support and they actually went above and beyond their standard yet still you say they dont care? 

What can I say except its people like you that make threads like this which is exactly what is wrong with giving people on the internet or otherwise free speech.

No they dont care they are ignoring our requests thats why i wont buy new dlc

12 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

My point wasn't what they gave him its the fact that support did go above and beyond their standard for him yet still he says they dont care. 

Honestly Knux, there doesn't seem to be really any standard to speak of at all.  At different times of the live servers (since Official Launch) others and myself have been given back varying percentages of total losses, never consistent, even when the act was 100% the same.  Also, the levels every time were totally different:  I've seen "I'm sorry, the maximum post-tame level we can give you is 150/190/200/201/210/224."  That's just the levels I personally have seen, one guy I knew and trusted had a 225 post-tame wild tame, which is only available on Troodons and Reaper Kings (It wasn't one) so knowing what I know about ARK, the GM ran a gmsummon command on a 150, which is a true-100% TE tame meaning perfect 75 bonus levels.  If I remember right, it was a Doed, and I remember the torpor check put it at a level 225 post-tame with wild ancestors.

@CHaRLieDonTsURf lost his squad and was given 5 random dinos.  My tribe has lost 2 squads on Official (pre-Extinction, Rag was the easiest place to get Element for us so we kept fighting it).  The first time we (my tribe submitted ticket #1) were told that we get nothing and please submit a bug ticket and blah-blah.  The second time we (actually our allies submitted ticket #2) got all 20 dinos returned at spawned-in level 224 as well as 20 saddles of high quality (I'm talking Yuty/Pig/Rex saddles over 115 armor each).  There is no actual "standard" standard and this is part of the issue, because from GM to GM, from month to month, the quality of support/compensation you can get varies wildly.

Im quite aware that he still had great losses but well thats ark we have all experienced it, however instead of just getting a "Sorry we dont replace dinos due to players failing to finish a boss fight" response which many a player has been given he actually got helped, not to the level he would've liked but well its better than nothing. Yet still he trashes them. 

If your ONLY option to get any help is to submit a ticket, and the results are wildly underwhelming compared to what you lost (not what other people on the forums think/feel you lost, but what you actually lost) in terms of materials and time, it is more than a little frustrating.  It is true that he got some help, and its great that he got SOMETHING back but when the gap is so enormously big between loss and compensation, it makes people wonder why support even bothers.  Hell, I know I've wondered:  In the vault-stacking patch-debacle where they did a huge rollback and deleted people's bases and survivors on a mass scale, I lost a great deal from my Aberration server (weirdly only part of my stuff decayed, just half the dinos in my base totalling about 65).  My compensation was 10 dinos with only primitive saddles, no imprints, no Reapers, and nothing else.  I was left feeling the exact same way, but I didn't post on the forums so in my case, people didn't have the opportunity to mistake my frustration and disappointment for entitlement.

Could've just made the post "boss fight bugs" and skipped the support part entirely and I wouldn't have bothered saying anything but its rubbish like this which end in people in support lose interest in helping at all and how the internet masses read the title and start their crusade against the devs.

If negative feedback influences the decisions of the support team in a negative way, they should probably get rid of the entire support system because people always criticize more loudly than they praise so it will quite literally never, ever get better.  Also, to a point in a paragraph above, support did not go "above and beyond" in this guys' case.  They just did their job, which is resolving customer concerns.  They at no point did this guy a favor or treated him in any unique special way, so I don't know if you were just looking to turn a phrase for emphasis up there, but the GMs answering tickets is not some form of largesse, it is simply duty.  If the intention is to never ever give anything back in the way of compensation (meaning this fella actually getting something back WOULD be above and beyond), they could then simply close the ticketing system and have a faceless one-sided bug-submission form.  But they don't have that, they have a long support form that appears to take a lot of detail and evidence into consideration, because there is to be a decided result.

Archived