Xbox RP. Prim plus? Feed back wanted. Players needed!

Colt

Xbox RP. Prim plus? Feed back wanted. Players needed!

RP, Prim +, Private Server on Xbox idea.

Hear me out, read it all before jumping to conclusions. I've been tossing around the idea of a Prim + somewhat RP server. I would be disabling a lot of engrams and instead giving one tribe the ability to make things by giving them the only smithies on the map, another tribe would be farmers, another tribe bakers or cooks, another tribe wood cutter, an each would be given the best Dino for their tribes profession. This would enforce cooperation, all tribes could be allied, if enough people are interested it could be a PvP server. Player resistance would be buffed, taming would be highly difficult to dissuade mass taming of useless Dinos HOWEVER i would admin spawn in high level dino pairs (with saddle) for each tribe, and dino breeding would be buffed so you could possibly trade with other tribes for other dinos for for protection. Its an idea that could be fun i think. If it gets enough interest i could set it up on a Nirtrado server. Its something geared more towards community and less toward the tame now and build massive mindset that has ruined PVE official. Yes i'm sick of behemoth gates as walls and lag inducing structures and foundation spamming because i'm too old for that juvenile nonsense Lol. This would be for the people who grind, the people who want to play without other tribes pillar spamming. A discord server would be started and though participation not required would be encouraged, if you want to join and do your own thing just let me know so you can be left alone. Ill check this regularly to see if there is any interest. Server would either Rag, Scorched or Val. The island is too played out, abb is too much trouble, Extinction is good but i dont think conducive for this idea, but i could be wrong.  If this idea isn't for you, i understand. This would be a long term thing, a place where people play often or sporadically. I would act as a trader to get goods and serviced to people who need them when the professional tribe is offline, though quality would not be as good as the professional tribe, who will get BP for most objects ie apprentice or journeyman. This is what i think Ark should have started out as, then expanded to the do whatever idea it is now. I played official for almost 4 years on Primative (Not prim+) when it was a thing, private server since rag released official. I've been around a long time in the back round just waiting for the right moment to release the idea. I'm open to a discussion of idea improvements and other options if this one isn't quiet right but close to the mark.

Hey

This does sound interesting. Other than not being able to make thinks due to disabled ingrams.

Which map would you be looking to do this on. 

I myself am a massive fan of rebuilding the ruins into a main base. E.g the castle on Ragnorak or the helms deep on Valguero. 

I myself currently run a small 10 slot server on valguero for duos. You wud be welcome to join. It is classed as pvp but we do tend to trade and work with other. 

Have built a townhall and trading zone that is concidered sacred ground so no pvp there. 

We have also implimented a trade tame system to obtain the tames not naturally on the map. 

Keep me posted with how you develop this idea of yours. And again you are welcome to join us. 

Official PVE is a joke in regards to foundation spamming etc and lag is unreal. We don't have that on our server

Many thanks

StuMargy

I also had a more pvp rp idea. 

But it takes into account territory owning. 

So a few small tribes each having claim to a certain area of the map. 

Let's take Valguero for an example

One tribe owns the redwoods, one owns the jungle, one owns the snow, one owns the white cliffs, one owns the more dryer area in the top left. 

From this these are you base locations and if you want a tame or resource from another territory you need to obtain permission from that territories tribe. If u don't ask and are obviously caught etc then that is an act of war. Which then those 2 tribes are at war. 

You can then arrange trades between territories etc. 

Thoughts

10 hours ago, StuMargy said:

Hey

This does sound interesting. Other than not being able to make thinks due to disabled ingrams.

Which map would you be looking to do this on. 

I myself am a massive fan of rebuilding the ruins into a main base. E.g the castle on Ragnorak or the helms deep on Valguero. 

I myself currently run a small 10 slot server on valguero for duos. You wud be welcome to join. It is classed as pvp but we do tend to trade and work with other. 

Have built a townhall and trading zone that is concidered sacred ground so no pvp there. 

We have also implimented a trade tame system to obtain the tames not naturally on the map. 

Keep me posted with how you develop this idea of yours. And again you are welcome to join us. 

Official PVE is a joke in regards to foundation spamming etc and lag is unreal. We don't have that on our server

Many thanks

StuMargy

The engrams thing is to mainly enforce communication/cooperation. But I can see whybot would take alot out of the game for most people. Maybe all people lol. 

I am looking for a server to play on if this doesnt pan out. I may come and join you if you are willing to let me know the server name. 

14 hours ago, StuMargy said:

I also had a more pvp rp idea. 

But it takes into account territory owning. 

So a few small tribes each having claim to a certain area of the map. 

Let's take Valguero for an example

One tribe owns the redwoods, one owns the jungle, one owns the snow, one owns the white cliffs, one owns the more dryer area in the top left. 

From this these are you base locations and if you want a tame or resource from another territory you need to obtain permission from that territories tribe. If u don't ask and are obviously caught etc then that is an act of war. Which then those 2 tribes are at war. 

You can then arrange trades between territories etc. 

Thoughts

The territory idea is awesome! I had never considered it before. The whole part about encroaching without permission causing a war is also awesome. Accorded neutral ground for negotiations would be a good addition I think. That way when the war ends there can be agreement.

Other than that I have no thoughts, other than the idea being awesome of course!

Edit. I think i will put this idea into effect, i like the idea, Valguero with four big tribe territories, maybe a few smaller tribes and some solo players. Do you have some people who would like to join you on this venture? I have openings for tribe admins/owners currently and can point you to the discord ive started for the server (be gentle its a work in progress). 

It will be alot of work let me tell u ahead of time as someone who had a similar idea and decided to start designing my server. Ill put info down below with discord for u to check out if u want to see what my server looks like. My ideas are a bit different but u get the gist.

Xbox RP Nitrado Server (No fliers, barebones, prim plus, professions, quests)

Inviting players to my new server on Xbox named Court Of Axes. The server is ran through discord (kFXsS9n) and is partial roleplay and light pvp. It is a highly specialized server that ive spent quite a bit of time tuning and I would like to invite players to join and begin the journey. There are several professions to play aswell as quests, wars, boss fights, currency, no fliers, unique cave runs and more. The server is ran on ragnarok map and has spawning on it Aberration and Extinction creatures with more being added as they are released. Settings and rates are custom and very barebones decent to low taming rate, slightly boosted breeding, player stats slightly boosted, wild dino stats slightly boosted, tamed dino stats boosted, pvp combat dmg lowered, player vs structure dmg fairly lowered.

Check out our discord for more info. https://discord.gg/kFXsS9n

I have a server with 5 daily active players over 3 tribes. 2 duo and a solo. 

All I think would be open to this kind of rp idea. 

Alot of people are put of official due to the imbalances on the game for pvp and the amount of foundation spamming on pve

So private servers for me work best. 

In you last comment in regards to a neutral point. On valguero we have it on the 2 small islands in the middle in the easy zone. Have built a townhall and training post. 

So here are my thoughts. 

Everyone starts at the small islands at the same time. Each tribe is given a raft with a few bits on it. Plus a tame of choose between wolf, rapter, saber etc. Small carnivore. 

Each claim the territory and sail away. 

I like the idea of disabling flyer saddles makes very thing a risk and thus base positioning very important. 

Make so u can build plush into the ground. 

Keep the setting as official as pos through the weekdays with a few tweaks to water and food drain etc. But run events at the weekend. Like Xmas etc to mix up it up a bit. 

Archived