https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Sciurumimus.jpg

After Susan Claire posted this list of pictures that could be used for inspiration for more dossiers...Well she became my new favorite person. This list was phenomenal, and it is definitely something that will help me create more fan dossiers in the future. Because at this point, these dossiers are a passion of mine. Anyways, this gallery of creatures opened me up to so many new things that made me realize how unique and different each dinosaur was. Dracoraptor, Sciurumimus, and the many arthropods and fish that made the list. It was amazing.So thank you Susan, for giving me such a phenomenal list  for me to get started down this long road of fan made dossiers ^_^.

Anyways, as for the creature itself. This one definitely stood out to me, Sciurumimus. Yeah...The name is difficult to pronounce So here.

SIGH-oor-uh-MIEM-us

Hope that helps. I might change the common name to something else due to how hard it is to pronounce and remember. Anyways, the name means squirrel mimic, which was given to it based off of its unique tail.Though I can't find a reason for the tail to be bushy like this, as it does not function like a regular squirrels tail, as those tails are designed to balance a squirrel in the trees...But Sciurumimus wasn't arboreal judging by its feet and arms. Right now, I put a temporary picture of it to give an idea of what the actual creature looks like. It will be given some design changes to make it seem more arboreal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common name: Sciurumimus

Species: Sciurumimus satus

Time: Late Jurassic 

Diet: Omnivore(Eats meat, but also eats seeds and berries)

Temperament: Skittish, defensive of trees.

Wild:

Amongst all the small creatures on the island, Sciurumimus satus happens to be the most peculiar of them all. About the size of a Compsognathus, it seems to take an especially liking towards trees, using their sharp claws as a means to scale the bark and their bushy tails to balance on branches. They also appear to bury the seeds they have collected in the ground. The reasoning for this is unknown, though if I were to speculate it may be a way of hiding their food from their competitors. Unfortunately, they never seem to come back for the seeds they bury, causing them to grow into a tree. In fact, it is quite possible that some of the forests on this island may have originated from the forgetfulness of Sciurumimus.

Domesticated:

Despite its small appearance and diminutive appearance, Sciurumimus happens to be a valued creature for many peaceful tribes. Many tribes have them run around their territory where they will not only forage for fruits, but also leave behind the seeds leftover from their meals. Many children also keep them around as pets due to their cute appearance. Unfortunately, because of their small size, Sciurumimus are unable to carry large quantities of items, and their quick feet makes them difficult to catch.

Known Information:

Despite being frightened by humans, they will not hesitate to attack if their arboreal homes are threatened. Many lumberjacks have come back injured after such attacks, with their equipment both damaged and missing. As a witness of Sciurumimus attack, I have managed to discover that Sciurumimus will leap onto their target and start biting and slashing as they scurry around their victims. Their cleverness definitely shows in these attacks as well, as they will target anything that glitters on their target. Due to this recent discovery in their savagery, many warring tribes seem to have taken an interest to their aggressive nature. If a tribe were to use such a creature for combat, it would devastate resource gathering tribes.

Author's Note:

Since I already had creature that utilized the negative parts about a squirrel, Incisivosaurus, I decided to make one that used the positive parts about squirrels, the fact that they accidentally plant trees. I decided to give it a sort of, ravenous feel to give them a PvP usage. I mean..They are carnivores...

As for their seed planting ability:

How this ability works is the Sciurumimus generates a field similar to the...Re-fertilizer? Is that what it was called? Anyways, as long as it has berry seeds, and it is on Enable wandering, then it will be able to generate this field. Furthermore, they will also auto gather berries as well. For trees well, if nuts were in the game, then it would work in the same fashion.

For their Scurry ability:

Their scurry attack starts out with a leap onto their target. Their target is stunned and blinded at random intervals (Because the creature will probably run over the target's face...At some point.)They will also receive damage at set intervals as well. Furthermore, the scurry attack is usually targeted at a dinosaurs riders, causing them be unable to use or get off the dinosaur. The scurry has a set amount of time, but can be sped up if the person tries to shake them off (By moving the camera around) and it can be canceled if a teamate attacks the Sciurumimus while it is scurrying.

Archived