The Hidden Tomb of the Coleoptera

XaosRes

I had a lot better luck with the pump action shotgun over the compound bow. It’s hard to say if it really did more damage per say (only ~250 damage shotty vs 1100 now), but I consistently killed the beetle in no more than half the time it took with the bow. For most players, I expect making shotgun ammo is also easier/cheaper than harvesting/making poly for metal arrows as well.

I never saw the hearts or anything, but I stayed on the two hills and worked back and forth each time. Any chance there was some unusual, unannounced tame function available? I’ve wondered about the poop drop from that one chest, along with the poop throughout this dungeon.

I don’t usually carry the shotgun since the bow or sword pretty much handle everything better. But I went through so many arrows in the first run that I decided to try the shotgun next time. I was barely using any arrows on the creature rooms last week, so I was able to drop that number by a lot to open weight for shotgun and ammo. I generally start a dungeon near the top of weight, so I hear you.

Cause my character is completely based on speed and melee, very little on health, and very very little on weight... I can barely take 200 arrows and a second set of armor (for the first run of every dungeon only). Sometimes this puts me in danger when fighting on melee cause of the encumbrance which is reached very fast.

My second try against the Gula was with the shotgun. All the ammunition taken with me didn‘t even drop its health by half.

Now I only take it on with my sword, no waste of ammo, and very fast.

Archived