Community Crunch 215: Anti-Mesh System Enhancements, and EVO Event

StudioWildcard

I'm happy they are targeting exploits, and cheating is a problem, but I'm afraid to uncryo my favorite tames bc I've already lost two (2) in 24 hours bc of this anti meshing bs. Seems like there could be a better way of implementing an actually successful anti meshing system... Only on pvp and not pve servers. 90% success rate seems like a good thing, but if it's  just destroying everything and punishing everyone, then of course eventually it will get those that deserve to get got (cheaters). I love this game,  I sincerely hope u guys figure this out without anymore of my tames being destroyed.

Gamertag: FilthyGraybush

PVE Servers I'm on: aberration 650, ragnarok 90, extinction 1126, the island 563

Edited by Utfilthy

I'm done. the 9th time me or my tribe have lost our best tames and best gear in the last 46 hours this game is no longer worth the money I'm gonna play a different game that actually gives a sh*t about it's PVE player base I've poured over 2 year's into this buggy trash and I will never get the time I have wasted back. Goodbye Wildcard you've been a hell of an bad game

Edited by Ninip

People are getting banned on extinction a lot for you know those spots where you are just flying and then it teleports you to the surface, apparently that counts as meshing so kinda weird it already happened to like 3 dudes in my tribe so if you hit a spot like that record it right away they couldn’t recover their characters because they had no pictures

On 1/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, Nitrozeus2289 said:

You can't just disable stuff when they cross the mesh, and if you mean disable them period. Why? Why would they disable those thing just to fix what demolishing and killing would do so much better and be so much faster. Also I imagine that wildcard plans on fixing the duping soon

You can it's called simple coding and if statements if it can kill you and delete stuff it would be just as easy to diasble the stuff that anyone would want to use in the mesh it's all simple coding but they want to punish players is all bit they don't realize most of them were hiding from dupers and now moat of them won't play the game anymore. So thank you for a show of ignorance but your comment is irrelevant and a complete waste of time bud.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, XxSchlaterxX said:

I just had this happen last night, lost a yutyranus and a bunch of ascendant level gear.

thats terriable x.x; im hopeing they find out whats the source of this issue soon because right now playing none-dedicated is completely a waste of time and a waste to try to play given this crash bug is causeing u to get signed out and kicked out of the game were u jump back in and the game acts as if u died but doesn't say what u died from and creatures that u were haveing following u and that u were rideing on and shoulder mounts all just gone. with no indication if they died or not.

Can we please legacy for genesis? I understand the mass amount of work that went into fixing exploits but the damage done can’t be reversed. I’d thoroughly enjoy an official cluster with no duped, mesh stolen or busted accounts / tribes so I can enjoy the new map and exploit fixes without having to worry about it all being ruined 2-3 months later by cheaters. If you agree like so I don’t feel alone lol

On 2/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, GrimJim said:

You can it's called simple coding and if statements if it can kill you and delete stuff it would be just as easy to diasble the stuff that anyone would want to use in the mesh it's all simple coding but they want to punish players is all bit they don't realize most of them were hiding from dupers and now moat of them won't play the game anymore. So thank you for a show of ignorance but your comment is irrelevant and a complete waste of time bud.

No need to get hostile, I'm just saying they probably have a reason not to, and of course they want to punish the people doing it. Why would you not punish them

On 2/11/2020 at 2:17 PM, Nitrozeus2289 said:

No need to get hostile, I'm just saying they probably have a reason not to, and of course they want to punish the people doing it. Why would you not punish them

Its the fact that they were until recently targeting only the meshers and what most people don't realize is the only reason most small tribes or solo players were doing it was to avoid getting raided by dupers or mesh dupers personally I can't even count the amount of hours and days of work I lost to a tribe transferring over to a server im built on and dropping 12+ mechs on my just freshly built base or on a fob or farm I built and foundation wipe everything even if there is no loot just to troll and laugh with thier duped mechs. My point is there is a much larger issue right now and they were focused on the smaller one at the time. Just look up the word biased. No one's being hostile I just don't like wasting my time explaining concepts or ideas for them to just fly right over everyone's head. And no I wasn't a mesher or a duper, yes they are both annoying but I knew players who would get mech raided or meshed everyday and the only thing that could save him was hiding somewhere and hoping not to be found by the 22 mechs actively looking to troll him. It's pretty unbalanced and there is no way to catch up to mega tribe dupers. Sorry I don't see any legit player beating a tribe with an arsenal of duped loot. Just saying there are much bigger fish to be fried.

4 hours ago, GrimJim said:

Its the fact that they were until recently targeting only the meshers and what most people don't realize is the only reason most small tribes or solo players were doing it was to avoid getting raided by dupers or mesh dupers personally I can't even count the amount of hours and days of work I lost to a tribe transferring over to a server im built on and dropping 12+ mechs on my just freshly built base or on a fob or farm I built and foundation wipe everything even if there is no loot just to troll and laugh with thier duped mechs. My point is there is a much larger issue right now and they were focused on the smaller one at the time. Just look up the word biased. No one's being hostile I just don't like wasting my time explaining concepts or ideas for them to just fly right over everyone's head. And no I wasn't a mesher or a duper, yes they are both annoying but I knew players who would get mech raided or meshed everyday and the only thing that could save him was hiding somewhere and hoping not to be found by the 22 mechs actively looking to troll him. It's pretty unbalanced and there is no way to catch up to mega tribe dupers. Sorry I don't see any legit player beating a tribe with an arsenal of duped loot. Just saying there are much bigger fish to be fried.

You're right about the dupers being a massive problem, even though I've never ran into them but until recently wildcard was being yelled for people meshing and wiping people, and now that they're trying to fix it a lot of people are being unappreciative and are yelling at them for targeting meshers. most people bring a valid point, yes wildcard needs to work on fixing a lot of stuff, but to those who are yelling at them for every missing compy and dodo, calm down and appreciate the fact they are doing they're best and realize that yelling at them for absolutely every single problem is not going to get stuff done much faster than it is already going.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:06 PM, Nitrozeus2289 said:

You're right about the dupers being a massive problem, even though I've never ran into them but until recently wildcard was being yelled for people meshing and wiping people, and now that they're trying to fix it a lot of people are being unappreciative and are yelling at them for targeting meshers. most people bring a valid point, yes wildcard needs to work on fixing a lot of stuff, but to those who are yelling at them for every missing compy and dodo, calm down and appreciate the fact they are doing they're best and realize that yelling at them for absolutely every single problem is not going to get stuff done much faster than it is already going.

It's called feedback for a reason and people are going to be upset when they cut corners and people loose entire bases or lots of tames due to it automatically deleting everything it thinks is meshed and its sad to loose precious tames ans loot to a bug amd you won't understand till it happens to you but good luck. Also how does a game improve without feedback that's the point of this whole thread not to target individuals like me but instead you should give your feedback like everyone else here actually trying to help. Seriously you just want to play a game that has bugs and yell at people for pointing them out. There is better ways to go about this and anything can be improved you why accept something at its worst? Why drink out of a broken glass? You don't you take the time to fix it or buy a new one. So please read what this thread is about no need to defend yourself everyone has their own opinion and minw is that they could have coded it differently and possibly in a way that would cause less "false positives" but maybe therw was a reason they did it they way they did but I know it can be beter agree to disagree ok?

On 2/18/2020 at 5:23 PM, GrimJim said:

It's called feedback for a reason and people are going to be upset when they cut corners and people loose entire bases or lots of tames due to it automatically deleting everything it thinks is meshed and its sad to loose precious tames ans loot to a bug amd you won't understand till it happens to you but good luck. Also how does a game improve without feedback that's the point of this whole thread not to target individuals like me but instead you should give your feedback like everyone else here actually trying to help. Seriously you just want to play a game that has bugs and yell at people for pointing them out. There is better ways to go about this and anything can be improved you why accept something at its worst? Why drink out of a broken glass? You don't you take the time to fix it or buy a new one. So please read what this thread is about no need to defend yourself everyone has their own opinion and minw is that they could have coded it differently and possibly in a way that would cause less "false positives" but maybe therw was a reason they did it they way they did but I know it can be beter agree to disagree ok?

Again, you're right about feedback being necessary, and I understand why people are upset about them cutting corners. They have stated that these false positives are just accidents. Where you're wrong is by saying that I'm yelling at everyone who is pointing out bugs. I'm not, I'm just tired of seeing people complain and threaten to leave. If you think wildcard is crap and that ark is horrible and should die, ok that's your opinion and I'm not going to fault you for that, but when they delay a release to fix the bugs, don't complain about them delaying it because then you get something like extinction. Rushed and very buggy. So by all means point out the problems of ark, just do it without threatening to leave and and try to force a refund.

• Thanks 1