Community Crunch 215: Anti-Mesh System Enhancements, and EVO Event

StudioWildcard

@Lycan187uI have build big turret towers all over the area with multiple lines of walls, gates and HP golems and rexes to tank the corruped until the turrets finish them off.

Still, they must have pulled so many corrupted gigas that they killed a rex with 100k+ hp, the corrupted don't have the bleeding effect thankfully, so it must have been quit a lot of dinos.

I know how degenerate Extinction makes people and multiple tribes on our server have been wiped out because they can pull endless amounts of corrupted. The corrupted gigas keep respawning infinitely and the best defense can be cracked with enough time.

The thing is also that's it's PVE and people don't want to be forced to play like on PVP. Everyone should protect their stuff from trolls but if you can teleport corrupted dinos, it's just a matter of time until someone cracks open your base if he manages to build a teleporter close to your base. ^^ 

I just think/hope that disabling the wild dino teleport could already fix a major chunk of the issue.

So they are still focused on mesh and making it worse when again all they have to do is disable explosives tame riding and cryo use and structure placement yet they are now making it worse by adding structure demolishing on top of instant death and loosing tames. Im Literally done trying this game actually doesn't care how much they break their own game over some cheaters when all they have to do is disable actions in the mesh and it can still record data of whem they active that code but they just want to be cheeky and kill the game right before their last DLC. And to top it off they are biast as can be by leaving all the dupers with massive untouchable bases but let's praise them and fix the only way to stop the dupers and not just fix it lets punish them for wanting to keep their loot away from all the duping cheaters yeah cause meshing is way worse then inifinte duped mechs with infinite supply of element and completely spammed off laggy maps let's just welcome the dupers right into genesis right? Smh this is so disappointing...

5 hours ago, ShadowRune2019 said:

Questo mi dà ancora fastidio ..... Anti mesh, ma non correzione della mappa?

Ecco un primo esempio. Quanto sarebbe difficile mettere un blocco lì?

E le linee della maglia su Estinzione giù nella foresta sommersa. I miei occhi bruciano!

Lavora di più. Meglio. Più veloce. Più forte.

arkscreenie.jpg

Ma ti rendi minimamente conto di tutto il lavoro che stanno facendo? Come puoi dire lavora di piu lavora meglio, vai tu al loro posto a lavorare di piu e a lavorare meglio, altrimenti limitati a ringraziarli per aver creato un gioco unico e magnifico, il perfezionamento richiede tempo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OldManPaul said:

I had this issue, I mind wiped and it fixed it, dropped me from lvl 133 to 131 though but atleast I can gain xp now

I did the mind wipe to lose the 5 lvls and I am now back to 132...but you cant gain any xp with a max lvl dino. Have to use dinos that can lvl so you can as well. 

Glad you are trying to fix things a couple years too late, my question is will you be replacing the dino's, items and structures of the people who are not meshing? My entire base seems to have become an anti mesh zone i built under a building in extinction desert biome there is nothing but ground under me no foundations, my dino's and myself are being destroyed by anti mesh. weeks of time spent are being obliterated and i've done nothing wrong but walk across the dirt. Im sorry to cry about it but how do we play if there's constant fear the devs will just ghost wipe anything not in a clear cut field?

On 1/27/2020 at 10:33 PM, LordEnki2019 said:

Just stop the LAG... please :) maybe just put every server on a daily reboot cycle at midnight ??? 

Most lag on servers, is either the amount of stuff on the server or the players connection is bad. They can't really do much except try to see if they can make items less laggy, which may not constantly work

On 1/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, GrimJim said:

So they are still focused on mesh and making it worse when again all they have to do is disable explosives tame riding and cryo use and structure placement yet they are now making it worse by adding structure demolishing on top of instant death and loosing tames. Im Literally done trying this game actually doesn't care how much they break their own game over some cheaters when all they have to do is disable actions in the mesh and it can still record data of whem they active that code but they just want to be cheeky and kill the game right before their last DLC. And to top it off they are biast as can be by leaving all the dupers with massive untouchable bases but let's praise them and fix the only way to stop the dupers and not just fix it lets punish them for wanting to keep their loot away from all the duping cheaters yeah cause meshing is way worse then inifinte duped mechs with infinite supply of element and completely spammed off laggy maps let's just welcome the dupers right into genesis right? Smh this is so disappointing...

You can't just disable stuff when they cross the mesh, and if you mean disable them period. Why? Why would they disable those thing just to fix what demolishing and killing would do so much better and be so much faster. Also I imagine that wildcard plans on fixing the duping soon

I understand that anti meshing is important, but do we need to have an ark update every day sense the 10th? We run an unofficial server cluster and because of the amount of updates lately many of us don't want to continue playing as updates and cluster restarts take a minimum of an hour for everything to come back online. It's really frustrating as I recall at one point you guys saying updates should only happen on Tuesdays outside of patches to fix game altering major bugs after large updates. 

1 hour ago, Jayburden said:

Great work on fixing meshing now I think Xbox/PS4 servers should be wiped after all the people that’s lost there base cuz of being meshed and everyone has dupe stuff if the servers don’t get wiped I  think the meshers would still win cuz most of them Would have a base 

I seriously dont think its fixed lol its killing people and pets who are innocent

Im looking forward to the first half of the dlc! so pumped! good job guys! tho this new meshing thing has me worried because im a builder its like the only thing I like to do. in my own single player map or with a server I rented from nitrado. I like to use my admin code to go under the map to fix my builds.. and if im in a spot with no water I like to put pipes all the way down to the water under it.. soo.. to be honest if I cant do that with my own server or player and cant hide the ugly pipes im not going to have much interest anymore.. to be honest. building is pretty much all I do. so that part has me worried. that buildings gonna change in a way I wont like.  the new pretty maps need pretty buildings!! and the new questing YES!! Im interested in doing. 

Well done one meshing fixes.

1. Meshing (good job)

2. Duping (need a cluster wide item cataloging system)

3. Aimbot (detection and response needed)

4. Character loss (still rampant)

Once all four are completed I think we can confidently say we will have a much improved product we can without any guilt get our friends to play...