Scared to do alpha dragon

catstar26

I would highly recommend not using Rex's for the alpha dragon. I lost my rex army to the alpha dragon in singleplayer.  They were beast Rex's and all had excellent saddles. They were only able to bring the dragon to half health before it all went horribly wrong. The alpha dragon does extreme fire damage to carnivore dinos, whereas the fire damage does less damage to non conivore dinos like the therizinosaurs. Plus the therizinosaurs can eat veggie cakes to heal themselves.

I'm currently getting a therizinosaurs army prepared to attempt the alpha dragon again.

46 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

I would highly recommend not using Rex's for the alpha dragon. I lost my rex army to the alpha dragon in singleplayer.  They were beast Rex's and all had excellent saddles. They were only able to bring the dragon to half health before it all went horribly wrong. The alpha dragon does extreme fire damage to carnivore dinos, whereas the fire damage does less damage to non conivore dinos like the therizinosaurs. Plus the therizinosaurs can eat veggie cakes to heal themselves.

I'm currently getting a therizinosaurs army prepared to attempt the alpha dragon again.

Dragons fire breath does same damage to herbivores than carnivores. Its hard coded as dot so fire resistance does not work against it. Only plus theris have over rexes on dragon is veggie cakes.

3 hours ago, Luewen said:

Dragons fire breath does same damage to herbivores than carnivores. Its hard coded as dot so fire resistance does not work against it. Only plus theris have over rexes on dragon is veggie cakes.

There is a difference of damage dealt by the fire for herbivores vs. carnivores. I started a topic a few months ago about this very subject regarding the alpha dragon and some of the responses I got were from people who know a lot more about this than I do. I'll link the post.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/462108-island-alpha-dragon-singleplayer-tips/

Lol, nevermind, I see that you were also involved in that post.

I watched a video today of a guy on one deinonychus that completed alpha dragon. 17k Hp and 720 melee. 

He got tucked under the dragon legs and chewed. He was down to 5k HP after it took off first time. Then Pteras showed up and he chewed them. Dragon landed and he was healing. Got back up to 6k HP and then finished dragon. He only used bite attack, not latch. 

this was on official PVE PS4 (server 602 if you want to look for the YouTube video). 

Got wiped for the 3rd time trying to do the alpha dragon on the island just yesterday. I am going to trade for a higher melee stat theri now cause mine just cant cut it. Had 2 of us with 250% shotguns pumping into it the whole fight, got the dragon down to like 10% health before everything died and we were running around on foot trying to get it stuck on the ruins.

Theriz were 21k health 800+ melee at the time of the fight with 30 cakes on each with 115%+ saddles, brought 1 yuti, 1 daedon, and decided to try 4 deinonychus since I use these 4 to solo the alpha dragon on valguero. The deinons died almost instantly so I dont think im going to try that again, Thinking of mayb using 2 groups of theris and switch groups for each landing of the dragon.

At this point im just so over doing this boss, I am only doing this to get the boss head so I can do overseer.

Edit: BTW there is no way that guy soloing with 1 deinon was on official rates. 17k hp on a deinon?? seems impossible to get that high on official and still get over 700 melee.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, Piffguru said:

Got wiped for the 3rd time trying to do the alpha dragon on the island just yesterday. I am going to trade for a higher melee stat theri now cause mine just cant cut it. Had 2 of us with 250% shotguns pumping into it the whole fight, got the dragon down to like 10% health before everything died and we were running around on foot trying to get it stuck on the ruins.

Theriz were 21k health 800+ melee at the time of the fight with 30 cakes on each with 115%+ saddles, brought 1 yuti, 1 daedon, and decided to try 4 deinonychus since I use these 4 to solo the alpha dragon on valguero. The deinons died almost instantly so I dont think im going to try that again, Thinking of mayb using 2 groups of theris and switch groups for each landing of the dragon.

At this point im just so over doing this boss, I am only doing this to get the boss head so I can do overseer.

Edit: BTW there is no way that guy soloing with 1 deinon was on official rates. 17k hp on a deinon?? seems impossible to get that high on official and still get over 700 melee.

enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I did Alpha Dragon on Singleplayer (Singleplayer settings OFF, Maximum Difficulty ON etc )with Official Difficulty settings SOLO. Here's the video:

I'm surprised how well it ended up for me, lost only 3 Therizinos.

In my channel, I also have the boss fight videos for the other bosses too on Solo Official Difficulty (if you are interested, Playlist mentioned in video description). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 9:58 PM, flamron said:

4A0D3ACB-178B-4EA5-9AEA-A9614F1B3A6D.png

Let’s say this is real I’ll break down the math and you guys be the judge So this Deino has 17,000 health. You get +40 health every time you put a point into health. Let’s say he put 75 levels into health that would be 3000 extra health (75 levels X 40 health) now let’s minus that from 17,000 health (17,000 - 3000) that leaves us with a base health of 14,000 health ..... in my opinion I don’t think that is possible. 

Let’s say this is real I’ll break down the math and you guys be the judge So this Deino has 17,000 health. You get +40 health every time you put a point into health. Let’s say he put 75 levels into health that would be 3000 extra health (75 levels X 40 health) now let’s minus that from 17,000 health (17,000 - 3000) that leaves us with a base health of 14,000 health ..... in my opinion I don’t think that is possible. 
Deino dont get +40 hp when u put a point into health. That's only for each point they have in hp as a wild dino. Tamed deino gets around 5.4% hp increase per point added into hp.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, iAgnehole said:

Just did alpha dragon last week. Brought 17 rexes with 40k Hp 2.5k melee 1 yuty and 2 pigs, 2 riders. 

The fight was over in 5mins didnt even need to use the pig during it. The rexes just melted it. 
rexes hatched with 31k Hp 1k m.

Either you got lucky or I was very unlucky. I had 18 rex (52k-57k hp 2500-2700 melee)  1 yut 1 hog 2 riders. Dragon got down to 30% hp when I got wiped, and every saddle was over 100 armor.

We tried it on the weekend and got OWNED by the Alpha Dragon (It was Lvl 11, I believe). We were running a Theri army that we thought was quite powerful as it destroyed the other bosses. We lost one of the A-Team Theri's doing the Gamma Dragon and thought we had it DOWN.Not to be. I am still crying about the saddles.

We rebuilding the B-Team into the A -Team for another run.

Our Breakdown was as such:

• 2 Survivors
  • 18 Theri's (31k Health, 1k Melee and 290 Saddles
  • 1 Yuti
  • 1 Daedon

8 hours ago, mmintz90 said:

Either you got lucky or I was very unlucky. I had 18 rex (52k-57k hp 2500-2700 melee)  1 yut 1 hog 2 riders. Dragon got down to 30% hp when I got wiped, and every saddle was over 100 armor.

All saddles were 124. The yuty tanked first fire breath, but i agree i think we were abit lucky with it, it didnt do many breaths at all, dunno if it was cause our rexes killed it so fast. Was pretty surprised it went so well lol.

After my last comment here saying I really doubted that 1 deino on official could do it, I went and traded for the highest stat deinos I could find and me and 1 tribemate each raised and imprinted 1 for each of us and managed to beat alpha dragon with just 2 deinos and a bunch of throwaway old rexs that were just there to shift his attention and help as much as they can and die. They all died as expected but we finished the fight with the deinos, It was a pretty fulfilling win actually.

Edit: I still couldnt get the deinos to the same stats as the last person said, I think we had like 12-13k hp

Just recently killed Alpha dragon with two others using Rexes, (Not Singleplayer settings!) The rexes had 25k Health and 1100% damage when they entered the arena. We had 18 of them with one Deadon and 1 Yuti, saddles where 100+. 

Theriz are definitely the better choice though, but its definitely possible to beat it with Rexes as long as you control them properly. If you do attempt it with Rexes there is NO point in putting there health over 30k, it is going to be very hard to survive past that 4th breath unless there health is at an obscene amount. Damage is much more important, you want to kill this thing before that 5th and very likely final breath lands. 

Now i have the engrams, i wont be taking that sucker on again anytime soon!

13 hours ago, iAgnehole said:

All saddles were 124. The yuty tanked first fire breath, but i agree i think we were abit lucky with it, it didnt do many breaths at all, dunno if it was cause our rexes killed it so fast. Was pretty surprised it went so well lol.

The bire breath was the big one on my run the dragon did it a bunch, and then the rexes decided to run through the lava and I lost a few there too, but yeah a bit of luck is definitely involved there

Archived