network probelms arised lately

Giorgino87

network probelms arised lately

Hi,

I am the administrator of an unofficial server cluster. Our hardware is not top, but it usually allowed to run 10 users very smoothly, and up to 15 users with little lag. Lately, reaching 15 users causes a very large lag, with users kicked in mass all together. Might this be related to some recent in'game modifications? Cause I did not change anything in the configuration of the server. I'm really having problems from this, users are getting frustrated.

There's definitely been a fairly recent downturn in performance. Before Xmas I stopped two of our cluster of five servers that weren't used much and let my users know they'd be brought up on demand if people needed them, just to get some performance back on the others.

I've just completed a hardware upgrade moving to a much beefier machine that has given us the extra oomph needed to be able to run all five again. But the old system was happily running five with plenty spare until late last year. Noticeably after some updates the performance deteriorated massively. It's a real shame because earlier last year we'd seen a noticeable improvement in performance with some of the patches and optimisations WC did but yes, currently a lot worse than before. Might be the new undermeshing code causing it maybe, not sure.

5 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

There's definitely been a fairly recent downturn in performance. Before Xmas I stopped two of our cluster of five servers that weren't used much and let my users know they'd be brought up on demand if people needed them, just to get some performance back on the others.

I've just completed a hardware upgrade moving to a much beefier machine that has given us the extra oomph needed to be able to run all five again. But the old system was happily running five with plenty spare until late last year. Noticeably after some updates the performance deteriorated massively. It's a real shame because earlier last year we'd seen a noticeable improvement in performance with some of the patches and optimisations WC did but yes, currently a lot worse than before. Might be the new undermeshing code causing it maybe, not sure.

Thank for your reply. I was definitely suspecting that. 

This is quite absurd. The game was already very heavy and performing very badly, especially on multicore-oriented CPUs, making updates that worsen the eprformance, instead of improving it, is really turning people away from the game

Archived