Alpha Broodmother made me quit Ark completely!

Killzuminati

After a long journey of setting up for alpha Broodmother with my bro, I have finally decided to call it quits.  Ark is a great game but the bugs and glitches ruin it for me. 

So what happened that made me quit? Here’s my story...

it’s been a few months since I started playing this game. Me and my bro are still fairly new. After a long grind we managed to come up with 18 rexs all over 1k melee and  a yuttie and a pig for healing. This was a process that took up most the time I’ve been playing this game... so the time finally came last night. All our hard work was about to pay off and we were going to get the kill and unlock our tek grams we been soooo patiently waiting for. But no.... 

while entering the stupid arena, my bro was kicked out on entering and it left the pig alone to go in and attack and get killed immediately... shortly after the rexs dropped like flies... 

I have watched videos on videos of people Soloing this boss.. make it look so easy. I seen videos of them doing it with tribe mates and not get kicked out. 

so why did this happen to me? Why did my bro get kicked out? Why did my godly rexs get splattered that fast...  I’m done with this game. Everything I saved for is gone... I hate it 

This is indeed strange, and there must be some information contributing to your loss outside of your friend getting kicked out. Rexes with good health and over 1k melee should be able to eat the broodmother, maybe not easily but it's doable. As long as you were constantly courage-roaring them and making them spam attack then it should have been a fairly one-sided battle. 

I feel my problem was the whistling. I couldn’t get them to attack for the first few seconds of fight and they didn’t have yuttie buff for a short duration of the beginning  fight (about 25-30 seconds) I was too distracted by my bro getting the boot and losing the pig. I was spamming attack target on Broodmother and it wasn’t working for a bit. When they were all up the damage was insane but once about 2 fell that was it... 

37 minutes ago, Killzuminati said:

I feel my problem was the whistling. I couldn’t get them to attack for the first few seconds of fight and they didn’t have yuttie buff for a short duration of the beginning  fight (about 25-30 seconds) I was too distracted by my bro getting the boot and losing the pig. I was spamming attack target on Broodmother and it wasn’t working for a bit. When they were all up the damage was insane but once about 2 fell that was it... 

It’s part of the game , grinding is hard but these are the challenges that test our perseverance ?

44 minutes ago, Killzuminati said:

This is solved by making sure their group is selected. 

Default button for groups is 0 on numpad. tapping that will show you what group u have selected and tapping again clears it to none selected which is what you want. It selects all dinos.

Then pressing Full stop (.) or holding T and ordering attack will now work.

I feel your pain, but you seem to blaming the game for user error.

Am I the only one that gets little results from a daedon anyway?  I went through the trouble of breeding max level Daedon with all levels on food and the dang thing shot 2 or 3 rings of health (unridden auto-heal) then was waiting for hunger to fill up.  I feel like it is a waste of a spot compared to including another Megatherium.  Am I wrong?

Honestly, sounds like you really weren't prepped. Yeah, the DC is super unfortunate and the product of a glitch, but your rexes really don't sound like they would have beaten it anyway. Even if you don't have a Daeodon, most Rex armies can take down the Broodmother. If you think the Rexes were as good as you could realistically make them, go for something like a Megatherium or Spino, who have distinct advantages in the fight. I have no idea what your server settings are like, but on official, most people seem to go for 8-10K% damage,  >110 armor saddles, and 20k health on their rexes.

15 hours ago, TheTurt said:

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

Honestly, sounds like you really weren't prepped. Yeah, the DC is super unfortunate and the product of a glitch, but your rexes really don't sound like they would have beaten it anyway. Even if you don't have a Daeodon, most Rex armies can take down the Broodmother. If you think the Rexes were as good as you could realistically make them, go for something like a Megatherium or Spino, who have distinct advantages in the fight. I have no idea what your server settings are like, but on official, most people seem to go for 8-10K% damage,  >110 armor saddles, and 20k health on their rexes.

I’m sorry if I misunderstood or something but did you say that official rexs have 8-10K damage stats because I have never seen a rex with anything near that on official even heavily mutated I’ve don’t the boss solo with rexs that have 1.7 k melee and I was pretty sure they were good I didn’t lose one rex even 

8 hours ago, Killzuminati said:

After a long journey of setting up for alpha Broodmother with my bro, I have finally decided to call it quits.  Ark is a great game but the bugs and glitches ruin it for me. 

So what happened that made me quit? Here’s my story...

it’s been a few months since I started playing this game. Me and my bro are still fairly new. After a long grind we managed to come up with 18 rexs all over 1k melee and  a yuttie and a pig for healing. This was a process that took up most the time I’ve been playing this game... so the time finally came last night. All our hard work was about to pay off and we were going to get the kill and unlock our tek grams we been soooo patiently waiting for. But no.... 

while entering the stupid arena, my bro was kicked out on entering and it left the pig alone to go in and attack and get killed immediately... shortly after the rexs dropped like flies... 

I have watched videos on videos of people Soloing this boss.. make it look so easy. I seen videos of them doing it with tribe mates and not get kicked out. 

so why did this happen to me? Why did my bro get kicked out? Why did my godly rexs get splattered that fast...  I’m done with this game. Everything I saved for is gone... I hate it 

Cya

Well your first problem was using rexes for the Spider. Megatheriums actually have a better chance at beating brood. Rexes to me are a waste of time as it takes too long to get good stats and breeding takes too long on official. I would rather raise megatheriums which the imprinting is broken and you dont have to waste weeks raising them and killing yourself for good imp. 

Rhinos are also a good trade off but i dont think they do good vs the spider. Spider is actually really strong and if you are not prepared you die super fast. 

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Er is that rex damage a typo or what? On official settings you are not getting rex melee to 8 to 10K.

5 hours ago, PertySlick said:

Am I the only one that gets little results from a daedon anyway?  I went through the trouble of breeding max level Daedon with all levels on food and the dang thing shot 2 or 3 rings of health (unridden auto-heal) then was waiting for hunger to fill up.  I feel like it is a waste of a spot compared to including another Megatherium.  Am I wrong?

With the current rexes daedon is kinda useless in there. It does help if you have under 650 melee rexes going in but atm its just a wasted slot. Yuty + 10 times 35k/1k rex is all you need really. With good saddle of course.

Well your first problem was using rexes for the Spider. Megatheriums actually have a better chance at beating brood. Rexes to me are a waste of time as it takes too long to get good stats and breeding takes too long on official. I would rather raise megatheriums which the imprinting is broken and you dont have to waste weeks raising them and killing yourself for good imp. 

Rhinos are also a good trade off but i dont think they do good vs the spider. Spider is actually really strong and if you are not prepared you die super fast. 
There is no need for good imprint, i raised rexes with around 60% average imprint, leveled to 40k hp 1k melee with around 70 armor saddle, is enough for alpha brood.

Archived