Marker Stones /Sticks

Hirnsausen

Suggestion

Marker Stones /Sticks

Would be good to have some sort of stones or pebbles that can be painted and then placed on any surface, as markers. Could be paintable sticks, too.

Can be used to mark areas or paths in hostile territory, or to mark which plants grow inside a crop plot, or even used as messaging system for insiders.

6 replies to this server topic

No. The glowing would betray their position to enemies when placed on the ground. IF they can be placed on ground or on structures, not even sure about that.

I prefer paintable pebbles/stones, or small branches from trees that (when implemented) can be found around trees, or even wooden sticks carved from wood.

IF they can be placed on ground or on structures, not even sure about that.

It will stick to the first clippable object it touches and provides light for 12 minutes. Glow Sticks can stick to almost any surface, including players, wild and tamed animals, and resources like trees and rocks. In the latter case, if the resource is harvested the Glow Stick remains in place floating in the air until its timer expires.

Okay, thanks. I have a better understanding now. But that is not what the tribes would need,

Example crop pots: all the berry pants look the same. I want a permanent marker to know, what color of berry each plant gives, because our tribe mixes paints very frequently. If we could see for 12 minutes only, what color of berries that particular plant has, it would make no sense. We would need a tribe member to be permanently stationed at our crop plots to add new sticks each 12 minutes.

Or another example: our foraging tribe members want to mark the safest route trough enemy territory. Placing painted pebbles here and there would help to mark permanently the safest route. But if they disappear after 12 minutes, or if they are giving light in the night and can be seen by hostile folks, it would nil the purpose.

And one more example: I want to leave a message for another tribe member that is currently offgame, and our tribeuses color codes for messages. If the "message" disappears after 12 minutes, before the other tribe member/s) come ingame, the messaging has failed.

That is, why we need paintable pebbles, carved wood sticks or fallen tree branches as a new feature.

Archived