Therizinosarus is the absolute worst!

TheTurt

Every time I have booted up this game and start fresh, I have a lot of fun. I really do. I make a nice thatch shack. Tame a parasaur or trike. AND then all of a sudden a therizino just happens to wander too close to my home, gets aggroed, and murders all my dinos. It is so raptorING dumb. To loose so much of your hard work just because of sheer bad luck. Rexes? Carnos? I get that. They are predators and need their nutritious meat. But an oversized 2 legged herbivore bird? Yeah. raptor that. There should be an adjustment to it's AI so it stays further away from players and dinos. After all, since this is a herbivore, its claws are mainly for defense against predators, so theoretically, a thezerino would try to avoid conlfict. Not start it because it's AI decided to walk too close to a player.

I know this is game. I know the AI's are poopty to begin with. But would it really be that hard? I'd even mod a patch if I could figure out how.  

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zen00 said:

Apparently I just lost 6 hours (plus the resources) of work in building a giant fancy dino pen because I built in an area where corrupted reaper kings drop out of the sky or something and one dropped into my pen and destroyed it and my dinos. So anyways, everyone gets burned by random super dinos.

Arked 

8 hours ago, TheTurt said:

How do I find where they spawn? I see them everywhere on the Island 

9 hours ago, TheTurt said:

Every time I have booted up this game and start fresh, I have a lot of fun. I really do. I make a nice thatch shack. Tame a parasaur or trike. AND then all of a sudden a therizino just happens to wander too close to my home, gets aggroed, and murders all my dinos. It is so raptorING dumb. To loose so much of your hard work just because of sheer bad luck. Rexes? Carnos? I get that. They are predators and need their nutritious meat. But an oversized 2 legged herbivore bird? Yeah. raptor that. There should be an adjustment to it's AI so it stays further away from players and dinos. After all, since this is a herbivore, its claws are mainly for defense against predators, so theoretically, a thezerino would try to avoid conlfict. Not start it because it's AI decided to walk too close to a player.

I know this is game. I know the AI's are poopty to begin with. But would it really be that hard? I'd even mod a patch if I could figure out how.  

build a raft asap instead and park it in shallow water then ull have no issues again until you have the stuff to kill them. 

On 1/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, TheTurt said:

But an oversized 2 legged herbivore bird? Yeah. raptor that. There should be an adjustment to it's AI so it stays further away from players and dinos. After all, since this is a herbivore, its claws are mainly for defense against predators, so theoretically, a thezerino would try to avoid conlfict.

No? A herbivore doesn't inherently NEED to avoid conflict, especially one as strong as a Rex. They are using their superior strength to remove any and all threats permanently. Like Gorillas, who don't need to kill you, but will if you invade their personal space, regardless of the obvious disadvantage you have.

Archived