Do the mammals bare live young?

Janna3921

I was wondering, I know that the dinos now lay eggs, but what about the ones who are mammals, such as the mammoths, bigfoot, beavers, rhinos and others?  Are they having live births, or does the game have all lay eggs for ease of programing? 

I'm playing as single player and the only eggs I have seen are the ones my Pteranodon has put out.  I haven't explored much to see a lot of dinos, two beavers who live nearby, so dodos, four raptors, one carno, several dilos who are close by, a few compys (Kill on sight) and a scorpion showed up yesterday when I returned home from a trip.  I do short trips in my area.

I've traveled around in my raft and seen dinos else where on the island, but have not done any excursions out of my area.  Big coward, afraid to face any big dinos yet unless I am attacked; then I fight. 

Anyhow, live births or are they all eggs?

11 minutes ago, Janna3921 said:

Thanks for the info.  Right now the only mammal I have is Sassy, a bigfoot.  There was a male wandering around a couple of times, am hoping I can later on I can tame him and hear the pitter patter of little bigfeet  :) .

Make sure that your plant species are turned off or as @epictickles pointed out your cute baby will be bloody and dead.

Archived