Connect 1 map to 2 clusters

Neil1024

Connect 1 map to 2 clusters

Is this possible? I have 2 clusters running on the same server and I would like to have a map to be able to transfer between clusters (I would set it so no items could be transferred between them.)

Currently the 2 clusters have different MODs and rates, but I have the chat for both linked. 

I was thinking maybe bringing up a 3rd cluster and in the cluster folder having redirects or something to the files in the other cluster folders but I'm not sure if that would work or how to go about it so it does work.

I couldn't find any documentation of this being done before so if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them!  

Windows has a file watcher that will notify a program when a file is created or changed, so you could automatically copy files from one cluster directory to another when an upload occurs.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.filesystemwatcher?view=netframework-4.8

I can see potential for disaster though, as I  believe cluster files are created with the player's SteamID.  So uploading a character from one cluster AND uploading the same person's character from another cluster will create a conflict: one will be over-written.

If you can think of a way around that conflict, then fire up some mini-clusters and try out your plan to see what would happen in practice.  My question would be: how does a cluster know when something has been uploaded?  

Archived