How to get your own reaper king!

Pubbyxd

How to get your own reaper king!

I got my first reaper a little while ago, and I wanted to make a guide on how to get yours. Alot of people have trouble with this apparently, so hopefully this helps. So you might be here thinking, what mount should I use, or what stats should I have, or what materials and trap should i have? This guide should answer all those questions.

1. The mount 

So my personal opinion on the mount for reaper queens (and many others) is the rock drake. And I know I know, if your here right now, it's probably because you read somewhere that it's only possible with a rock drake, and you want an alternative. It's not impossible with a different mount, it's just the fact that rock drake torpor drops extremely fast, and if they ever do get damaged enough your actually concerned them you can fly away. When I first tried to get a queen I used a spino. I had the trap and everything else setup when I found a queen, the first spine attack she did I almost had max torpor. It was a low level tame, (12 or somthing) but it's just so much more convenient on a drake. Getting a drake egg is VERY easy. Seriously. The hard part is getting the air conditioners to hatch it. Around 20 of them. Ye. I managed to do it, and it's so rewarding once you get your first drake, where as wyevrns you can legit be a beach bob and get one on a ptera. I highly recommend using a anky to get the metal for the ACs and go to the blue zone. Just set up a small base with a lot of furnaces and grind it all out.

Materials for 20 air cons:

3600 metal ore

300 electronics 

100 polymer 

300 crystal

Rock drake saddle:

350 hide

225 fiber 

120 metal ingots

85 red gems

The rock drake eggs are located in the grave of the lost, in the red zone, so you will need a hazard suit.

Good luck!

3. The trap

There are tons of different traps to choose from, you can even build your own if want. Nooblets, syntac and luckybynature have all done trap tutorials and there all nice, solid traps. I went with syntacs, because its effective, I had video proof it worked, and its relatively cheap. 12× foundations, 3 stone dino gateways, a behemoth dino gate and a behemoth dino gate door. I built mine around  60 70. Its a great location because it's right next to the molten element region, and theres no radiation, so you can where somthing more protective then a hazard suit. If you want to build it, the link to syntacs video:

2. The stats

As far as the stats go for a rock drake, you want at least 15k to 20k hp, and 600+ melee. If you have a low level drake, (or any dino at all) your going to really want to bring a whole lot of stimberries. You could just make stimulant instead, but 20 stimberries on a drake drain all the torpor. Also note that auric mushrooms dont work for torpor drain. I used a primitive saddle for my rock drake, but if you have found a better one definitely use it. 

3. the tools

I used a 2 primitive hazard suits, to increase my time looking for queens, a sheild would be convenient. Some healing brews, and magnifying glass (100% neccessary) a glow pet with around 1000 charge would be extremely convenient, but you can do it with 700 or less.

4. The birthing chamber

I literally just used a stone 2 × 2 with 2 stone walls high, and a ladder, but you could definitely make somthing better.

5. The impregnation 

Now that you have everything, (hopefully you didnt just skip to this part lol) you want to start looking for your queen. Since it's your first queen, you probably just want a reaper. But I looked for a somewhat high level reaper queen. (lvl 95) once you find a reaper queen you want, lure it back to the trap. Once it's in the trap CAREFULLY close the traps door. (I almost died trying to close the door cuz I accidentally dismounted ._.) Once it's in, turn your light pet on and start shredding the queen. Make shure your always watching the queens body for green cut marks, to make shure you dont kill it. Once there is a few scratches, check the queens health. (With your magnifying glass) You want to do this a lot because you want to be sure you dont accidentally kill it. It has to be under 2k hp to impregnate a survivor. The queen will have a pink aura around her, this will mean she is ready to impregnate. Once you get the queen that low, you want to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL. Because the queen CAN and WILL one shot you while your on the ground. That's where the sheild comes in handy. Personally I didnt actually have a sheild, I just used my rock drake as a sheild lmao. Also be aware that the queen wont impregnate you when you have a light pet on your shoulder. The queen should attack 2 to 3 times then impregnate. If you used a foundation trap, get to your mount as fast as possible, because the queen will leave you with 1 hp after impregnating. Now time for grind! I had 13 minutes on 3 times egg hatch, which was enough to get all +75 levels. Just go back and forth in the river and murder everything that moves. Once you got the levels, (or as much as you possibly can) go to your birthing chamber. Wait for the baby reaper to come out, claim it, and get out. Now you need to feed it. To feed it, you could go and kill a reaper queen to get a pheromone gland, or you could stack your body with meat and drop into your birthing chamber and let your reaper eat you alive. (< what I did) once that's finished, you should be good to go. You have tamed a reaper king! The endgame aberration tame. Leave a like of this guide helped you, or comment about what I missed! 

You can keep the light pet on your shoulder for it.  You just have to turn the light off from the wheel menu for the get pregnant part once she glows pink or is about to glow.

you left out the part where when she’s down to 2k hp she will begin to glow pink.  Occasionally it’s not seen.  But by checking with the magnifying glass when she’s green and bloody,  you make sure you don’t miss it.

once she’s bloody and glowing pink,  if she’s attacking the walls,  jump off mount to get her attention back onto you.  Make sure your trap doesn’t inhibit her swinging her tail to pick you up.   I’ve had traps fail simply cus her tail went out a wall and back in to get me and would drop me before finishing.  Make sure the tail swing to pick you up is unobstructed.

a small handful of baby spinos in pods will get you the +75 levels in 2 minutes flat,  just pike the bad ones you saved just for this.

Archived