[BOSS] Am i ready to start it ?

Koli2556

[BOSS] Am i ready to start it ?

Hello i am a noob when it comes to bosses (never done one), but i'm willing to get the transmitter (and if possible teleporter) tek. 

Now my tribe has 12 Rexes,

with pretty much the same stats [BASE STATS] : 32K HP and 1020% DMG. 

I also got a yuty, with about 51K HP and 5K stam (which i believe is good enough)

We got a 100 armor rex saddle bp, so with crafting skills we get around 105-140 armor saddles. 

Now what boss can i do with this composition ? We are 3 in the tribe (possibly 4 if needed)

Do i need better breeding stats ? adding a daeodon ? simply more rexes ? 

1 minute ago, mattj said:

Official PVP. We used a few Rexes mixed in with our Theri army. They had 100ish saddles with 30,000 HP and only 500 or 600 melee. They survived all the gamma bosses and most Beta. But got very bloody or died on the Alphas. We didn’t use pigs.

Ok interesting, have you used a yuty ? 

Did you success the Beta Dragon ? 

1 minute ago, mattj said:

Yes to both. Keep the yuty close to the other dinos when being attacked by dimos and pts and distant from the other dinos when it comes time for the dragon to land. Had the raptorer land right on top of my yuty once and pin it. God damn full week of imprints gone because a fat ass dragon landed on it.

Alright, so the yuty is only there to roar, and flee away from the boss. 

In total, you had 20 dinos right ? (Rex+Theri+Yuty)

Just so it’s said, Theris are definitely superior to rexes when it comes to the dragon. They’re nearly invincible with 21000 hp, 80+ saddles, and a couple stacks of veggie cakes. When my yuty died things went to poop and several theris ended up in the lava but they survived because they kept healing themselves. Rexes alone really need a pig to heal them fast.

In my experience with all the island bosses up to alpha and the gamma overseer on official, you ought to be fine with those 12 Rexes against gamma monkey. Just get a decent pig and watch the videos so you know to back up after warping in so you don’t fall off the bridge. Rexes are great for monkey because it can’t knock them around like it did my theris.

But if you want to move up to Beta you really ought to max out at 18 Rexes plus a yuty and a pig just to be careful. And for Alpha the difference is fairly extreme. You’ll need to be very prepared.

3 minutes ago, mattj said:

What he means is Rexes are not ideal for dragon. People still do it, but you’ll need to really research, watch videos, and be fully prepared or you’ll get your ass kicked.

oh ok, thought i could do it with good rexes,

i'll do the betas for the moment and look forward to get theris in the next few weeks for alpha dragon :)

Done a fair few boss fights on the island over the last couple of days.

Party of 5 of us on PS4:

18 Theris (25k H 800 M) , Yuty, and Pig (100k Food). Did Gamma Dragon, Alpha Spider and Alpha Ape. Spider and Ape were a breeze, Dragon took the Theris to about 5k health (5 cakes in each as well). Wouldn't have fancied Beta Dragon.

Then on the PC with my daughter:

18 Rexes (35K H 630M), Yuty, and Pig (106k Food). Did Spider on all 3 difficulties. Beta - the rexes didn't even lose any health as the Pig kept up with it. Alpha - lost one rex, and a few others were very low on health at the end. Obviously they could have done with more melee, but these weren't mutated at all, I was just keen to get my daughter through her first boss fight. 

Archived