FINALLY THE NOCTIS IS MINE!!!

Something I had been wanting to do for a very long time! A creature that I had not even personally met at all ever since now in Ark! I finally tamed the rare, mysterious, dark, unique, beautiful Noctis! It is way bigger than I thought, especially compared to my equus AsspAiN (don't ask why he's named that, all you need to know is that he was troublesome and annoying to tame). But yeah, this was on my medium single player server!

I actually consider that dungeon run very lucky, as not only did I get out with a Noctis! I came out with an ascendant ptera saddle with over 350 armor and a tek teleporter blueprint!

Here I'ma post some pictures of my beautiful Noctis. Unfortunately they are kinda blurry because I had to crop them a lot due to the stupid size limitations, so you won't be able to see it to it's full beauty ?. But here you go...

DC73DB65-8E8C-4312-A916-853698A780AC.thumb.jpeg.edd9da928c789421c6fb5b3547ff3879.jpeg

182B6BC8-1446-4313-BC76-F09E2D389E25.thumb.jpeg.69422bf7ab0410b50a364afc921c69ee.jpeg

So yeah, very proud of myself! Immediately when I saw that I wasn't in the cubozoa multis room and instead saw a noctis in front of me I manual saved, exited the game and saved my game on a save file. And it actually came out handy. I wasn't prepared for the Noctis, so I hadn't brought carrots or a soothing balm. I already knew that the Noctis pooped out carrots. So I knew those wouldn't be a problem.

So then I asked my brother if he could search up on the wiki how many carrots a level one Noctis would take to tame. Apparently it was only four. So I decided to pick up 6 just in case. That alone was tedious. I had to make sure not to get too close to the Noctis so it wouldn't aggro on me. The many times it did, it took forever for him to finally unaggro. I tried and failed at least twice. Good thing I had saved so I could just restore it!

Then on like my fourth try I finally collected 7 carrots. I was ready to hop on and start taming! So I did, it was going all right, until I fed him my last carrot. He still wasn't tamed. I hopped off and decided to run until he unaggroed so I could collect a few more carrots. The wiki said I needed only 4, I had fed him 6 (one spoiled during the taming process) so I thought that he shouldn't be that far from taming. I collected three more and decided to hop on, while I was feeding him the three time ran out and I insta died.

So, I couldn't trust the wiki, I decided to watch a video and started watching Schwalbe. She tamed one without a balm using 16 FREAKIN CARROTS!!! Dang, the wiki was off by 12. So, I went back in after restoring and decided to buy a 3x soothing balm. Luckily I had exactly 10 amber from the yeti cave! I stalked the Noctis until I collected 7 carrots (cause 16 divided by 3 is a number between 5 and 6). I ended up taming it with only five.

So what I personally believe out of this, is that it is impossible to tame a Noctis without a soothing balm if you don't come prepared with carrots due to the short time limit (which I believe is 15 minutes). Just walking around collecting the 16 carrots it takes to tame one will take an extremely huge percentage of your time. Especially if you are unlucky enough to where the Noctis decides he really likes a specific spot and doesn't move from it for a really long time. Not only that, while you are collecting them it is very likely that a few of them will spoil since carrots are annoying that way. Plus, you'll want to at least have 20 with you when starting the taming process since some of them will spoil while you are feeding the Noctis as well. 

My advice? If you don't want to be carrying carrots and a soothing balm around with you in the dungeons. At least have 10 amber ready so you can buy a minor soothing balm. Now all you need is to collect at least 5 carrot and patience, as it is very tedious to collect them without aggroing the Noctis on you.

Anyways, I still haven't named him/her (they don't have genders, so no I'ma call him/her a it!)! So if any of you have any name suggestion for it I would gladly consider them!

Have a nice day and have fun playing Ark!

@nintendogamer7 Really like the name Charfire! Thanks for that suggestion! Ghillie suit could for sure have made getting the carrots easier! Although I wasn't expecting to come across the Noctis, so I didn't bring a set nor carrots and a soothing balm. Definitely would've been a piece of cake to tame it if I had come prepared!

@XaosRes Tenebrae sounds like a dark and interesting name! Definitely considering that! And yeah, if you come prepared then taming the Noctis is extremely easy! Congratulations on taming your own!

Archived