Manticore....maybe a biiiit too strong even for its own good

WolfFangGalaxy

Suggestion

Manticore....maybe a biiiit too strong even for its own good

Look, I do enjoy a good challenge and I do like the concept behind it, but and theres a big butt to this the Manticore(both generally on scorched and on Rag) has too much durability, with the combination  of mobility, a moderate HP pool and torpor damage it makes even soloing as a major group generally too difficult, which often discourages players to try and set up on either Rag or Scorched as Element farming that includes this behemoth, is too hazardous. Generally most bosses have well pronounced weaknesses, and given sometimes it may not even land which again extends its ability to knock your dino out, or just drag the arena out far more than it should be. Perhaps the devs should look into this boss, maybe tweaking and improving it to land quicker and have longer periods to take off, make it affected by other abilities(such as a reapers grounding ability, or gnashes even to cause it to slow down), and perhaps droppings it reduced damaged by a good portion to make it easier and just not as agonizingly to deal with. Bosses are suppose to be hard especially if you do the alpha varraint but perhaps adding so many strengths and not adding or maybe should be adding more weaknesses may make it more bearable and enjoyable to fight. 

On another side note I am generally suggesting this based off me viewing other streamers, youtube videos, and adding my own experiences to fighting it, and most cases people doesnt seem to enjoy fighting it and outright avoids tries to avoid fighting it, even if it means that they may not be able to progress into the tek game. So maybe the Manticore should get his share of tweaks, and repeating myself again changing his durability, increasing the length of which he'll stay on the ground before he'll take off or changing so status effects can affect him(Such as grounding, bleed effects), which will promote people to maybe include reapers, Allosaurus's into there line ups and making the fight more enjoyable. 

3 replies to this server topic

Archived