Is there any command to unlock the notes of a specific map?

Vincenta13

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, KriegTiger said:

Odd that it requires standing next to a box for a note, but not a dossier... But whatever - lol

Probably because you get dossiers by taming/killing those species and they don't give an XP Buff. If I had to take a wild guess, I would say there was no server-side checks which was allowing cheaters to unlock notes client-side and get an XP Buff on the server. Most likely why you now have to be near an explorer note, and that the buff no longer stacks. You also no longer get that buff even if you clear your local profile and run it again; once you got it for a note, it's done.

37 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Probably because you get dossiers by taming/killing those species and they don't give an XP Buff. If I had to take a wild guess, I would say there was no server-side checks which was allowing cheaters to unlock notes client-side and get an XP Buff on the server. Most likely why you now have to be near an explorer note, and that the buff no longer stacks. You also no longer get that buff even if you clear your local profile and run it again; once you got it for a note, it's done.

I've never gotten dossiers from taming/killing creatures - it all came from boxes found on the map. The only exceptions to that method that I'm aware of are the bosses, or at least they're supposed to be - have killed a bunch of them and never gotten the dossiers for TheIsland bosses yet.

That lack of unlocking boss dossiers is the entire reason why I'm in this thread, actually :) I've got the rest already for that map.

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, KriegTiger said:

I've never gotten dossiers from taming/killing creatures - it all came from boxes found on the map. The only exceptions to that method that I'm aware of are the bosses, or at least they're supposed to be - have killed a bunch of them and never gotten the dossiers for TheIsland bosses yet.

I remember they used to in Early Access, not sure if that was changed since (probably with the introduction of the boxes). As for the bosses dossier, some said in a thread that if you are authenticated as an admin (enablecheats) you may get them.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I remember they used to in Early Access, not sure if that was changed since (probably with the introduction of the boxes). As for the bosses dossier, some said in a thread that if you are authenticated as an admin (enablecheats) you may get them.

I've seen that too but haven't tried it yet, apparently this problem has been around for a very long time.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, monkeybaby said:

When I put in give giveexplorernote 690 and it did not give the note and I went to the location and it still did not give it but the rest of the giveexplorernote for the rest of the HLNA notes were given except for #3. Is there a way to fix it because thats the only 1 i need for the helmet skin

Worked fine for me:

23BE6C4E6825115145E3B8779D26CCB03B62522D

D4DB5571BC298200574C6ABE18F8A58093599DAF

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, invincibleqc said:

There is no command that unlock the notes of a specific map. There is only a command to unlock a specific one:

giveexplorernote <index>

Or a command to unlock all of them:

giveallexplorernotes

I've never added the first command to the wiki because I couldn't care less about building and maintaining a list by indexes.

So I don't know if I have a bug, or what? I do have a backup to restore to prior to doing this command.

So the problem is: After doing the command "giveallexplorernotes", (I was standing next to a note at the time), the notes were all unlocked (I had to recreate my character after a game crash while downloading after an ascension and I didn't have a backup). BUT I can't click on any of the HLNA/Genesis Notes to listen to or view them. The dossiers and regular notes (helena, rockwell, etc) all work fine.

I'm curious if you have heard of such a problem, or know what I can do to fix it?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, ArashiDragon said:

I'm curious if you have heard of such a problem, or know what I can do to fix it?

No idea, sorry. First time I hear of someone having issues playing them and after testing on a fresh profile just now, they were working fine for me. Maybe a stupid question but worth asking; do you own Genesis on that account?

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

No idea, sorry. First time I hear of someone having issues playing them and after testing on a fresh profile just now, they were working fine for me. Maybe a stupid question but worth asking; do you own Genesis on that account?

Yes, I own all the DLC including Season Pass.

Everything is highlighted/unlocked (visually), but only the ones that require HLNA to unlock aren't clickable/playable.

I went to bed after the error last night and sending that message, and I just finished testing again today, to be sure I wasn't having a sleep deprived stupid moment. Made sure to completly shutdown and close out ARK before loading back in with the same problem.

I restored the backup from just before I used the command to give all explorer notes and tested again, the ones I've physically been to and unlocked (either this character, or previous characters) I can read/listen to. There's still about 1/2 the notes/dossiers from before that are unlocked but they are dimmed (assuming that means I havne't found them directly on THIS character) but I can still view/listen to them. I'm missing 4 HLNA Genesis 2 notes from SE that (apparently there's a bug) that prevents SP from locating at this time.

After testing the command fresh again. Same problem as previously. Each time it gives me 415k+ XP bonus time, as if I found every single note/etc. And it plays the last Genesis 2 Rockwell note, then all HLNA/Genesis 2 notes are no longer clickable.

The only thing I haven't tested for, is if mods are causing it, and due to the time it takes to load the game each time.

I think I'll just refrain from using the command to get my missing notes, I might try the individual notes command to see if that works, I'll just have to figure out which ones I'm missing.

Thanks for your input, if you do hear of anything about this (I've google searched and haven't come across anything helpful yet), please let me know.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, ArashiDragon said:

Everything is highlighted/unlocked (visually), but only the ones that require HLNA to unlock aren't clickable/playable.

I was able to reproduce it. The issue appears to be them unlocking too fast. It's like if they don't have time to "play", they don't get properly "cached" causing the UI to load an invisible overlay when you attempt to visualize them afterwards. When running giveallexplorernotes, only the last one unlocked (being Genesis 2 Chronicles #10) is working properly. Same result if they are unlocked using the one-liner mentioned there:

Only the last one (being HLN-A Discovery #15) is working properly, etc. Even the regular notes/dossiers can't be played as well. If they are individually unlocked with a few seconds interval (e.g. giveexplorernote 688, then shortly after giveexplorernote 689, etc.) they are all working properly. However, simply re-launching the game after running giveallexplorernotes seems to have properly synchronized the cache and they are all working fine for me.

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I was able to reproduce it. The issue appears to be them unlocking too fast. It's like if they don't have time to "play", they don't get properly "cached" causing the UI to load an invisible overlay when you attempt to visualize them afterwards. When running giveallexplorernotes, only the last one unlocked (being Genesis 2 Chronicles #10) is working properly. Same result if they are unlocked using the one-liner mentioned there:

Only the last one (being HLN-A Discovery #15) is working properly, etc. Even the regular notes/dossiers can't be played as well. If they are individually unlocked with a few seconds interval (e.g. giveexplorernote 688, then shortly after giveexplorernote 689, etc.) they are all working properly. However, simply re-launching the game after running giveallexplorernotes seems to have properly synchronized the cache and they are all working fine for me.

Quoted this post because you had a possible solution. Last time I did restart my game, and the HLNA/Genesis notes weren't clickable... But this time I did it and none were clickable, so I restarted the game. AND this time it worked. Now all notes are clickable... So after using the "giveallexplorernotes" command, it seems you have to do a restart to get them to work (BUT, in my case, the first time it didn't work, but the 2nd time I restarted it did).

• 6 months later...

On 1/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, invincibleqc said:

There is no command that unlock the notes of a specific map. There is only a command to unlock a specific one:

giveexplorernote <index>

Or a command to unlock all of them:

giveallexplorernotes

I've never added the first command to the wiki because I couldn't care less about building and maintaining a list by indexes.

crashed my game lmao

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 6:33 PM, KriegTiger said:

Decided to do something for the public interest - IE to make an index and share it.

Interesting thing... I'm only getting dossiers when I run the 'giveexplorernote XYZ' command. I've gotten dossiers from Island through Excinction (I don't own genesis), but I have yet to see a single actual 'Note' note after having run the cheat command from 1 through 700. Any thoughts on why that is?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.602ee85ee9f13b83daea2b5fa06b38ff.jpgUntitled2.thumb.jpg.0d8e9324a4093df8c797a32ba2618222.jpg

Just crashed hunting explorer notes. This will help me catch up to where I was, thank you guys.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived