Sign in to follow this  
Obsidianshark

Problem with destroying and pick up structures

I was trying to build my boat when I noticed that the game did not give me the prompt to pick up structure but it still gave me the timer. I held the the button and it only gave me the prompts for default or change to block but no prompts for pick up or destroy structure.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Obsidianshark said:

I was trying to build my boat when I noticed that the game did not give me the prompt to pick up structure but it still gave me the timer. I held the the button and it only gave me the prompts for default or change to block but no prompts for pick up or destroy structure.

Certain items have certain distances that allow for different interactions. For example:

The "Moschops" can be upgraded in 2 areas, their inventory, and their interaction wheel. The thing is, if you don't stand close enough to the Moschops, you'll go into their interaction wheel, but you won't see the "View Harvesting Levels" tab to upgrade their mushroom harvesting, meat harvesting, etc.

This is because for some reason, WC (Wildcard) made it so the distance that you need to be standing at to open their interaction wheel is farther away than what you need to be for when you try to upgrade their harvesting levels.

Putting it simply; to view the interaction wheel of the dino, you need to be (hypothetical distance here) 5ft away, but for the harvesting tab to appear, you need to be 2ft away.

Now, it may seem weird I said all that, but it was all for a reason. A lot of objects / structures work like that in ARK, the same way the structure is working for you.

There could also be another reason. And that reason is that the area you put the object in is a little buggy, and doesn't allow you to pick it up. This happens a lot when placing storage cabinets, Vaults, electrical structures, etc.

Hopefully, my overly long message helps you out with the issue here. If not, I'm a big dumb dumb 😄

• Thanks 1