First reaper

Pubbyxd

7k hp with just a prim saddle can do it, but it also depends on how much hp you loose kiting the reaper to the trap and how quickly your gun (or dino) weakens her. Meat for healing is good, to have.

For general advice remember to check her health often with a magnifying glass. If you have a very powerful gun it may kill her before shes weak, so switch to biting when she gets low. She also regens health so she can get back over 2k hp. If she doesn't want to grab you when riding, try dismounting and remounting or shoot her from the drakes back with just a primitive bow.

One more thing is that you don't need pheromones. You can fill your inventory with raw meat and let it kill you, it'll steal all the meat.

44 minutes ago, Thyme said:

7k hp with just a prim saddle can do it, but it also depends on how much hp you loose kiting the reaper to the trap and how quickly your gun (or dino) weakens her. Meat for healing is good, to have.

For general advice remember to check her health often with a magnifying glass. If you have a very powerful gun it may kill her before shes weak, so switch to biting when she gets low. She also regens health so she can get back over 2k hp. If she doesn't want to grab you when riding, try dismounting and remounting or shoot her from the drakes back with just a primitive bow.

One more thing is that you don't need pheromones. You can fill your inventory with raw meat and let it kill you, it'll steal all the meat.

Thx for the feedback! Good to know I dont need pheromones.

So a few more questions:

1. how much melee shud I have on a drake to get her down to 2k? (I have 800+)

2. How much health? (i have 15k)

3. Shud I get surface drops to try to get a better saddle bp before the reaper?

4. How much charge capacity for a lightpet? (I have around 1000, I guess it could be a potential problem.)

5. Would it be more effective to craft a primitive assault or pump for the queen?

6. Will torpor be an issue at any point?

I know its alot of questions but it's my first drake so... ye. Can never be to cautious :D

You'll be good with those stats and lightpet

I don't bother with a weapon, as soon as her hp is down I turn the light pet off then quickly dismount to pull agro then get back on the drake and let her impregnate me, it's pretty easy if you're using a trap

For giving birth just build a 2x1, put all your gear in a box next to a bed/sleeping bag and fill your inventory with meat or cooked meat, stand in the 2x1 and once it pops claim it and let it kill you, all the meat will transfer into it's inventory, you can also cryo them and they'll no longer be aggressive during baby stage (unless they changed/broke it recently?) 

I've not raised any for a couple of months but read last week that they're bugged at the moment an don't get XP during gestation, not sure if it's been fixed in the latest server updates? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes

1 hour ago, Pubbyxd said:

So a few more questions:

4. How much charge capacity for a lightpet? (I have around 1000, I guess it could be a potential problem.)

5. Would it be more effective to craft a primitive assault or pump for the queen?

I know its alot of questions but it's my first drake so... ye. Can never be to cautious :D

Those are nice drake stats, you should be good to go without a better saddle. Your drake should be dealing enough damage, so a weapon wont be needed. Your drake will likely never fall asleep, but if its about to just park it behind a rock or something and keep the queen rendered, it wakes up fast. The queen can hit you on your mount so bring a handful of stims if you wanna be extra cautious.

7 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Those are nice drake stats, you should be good to go without a better saddle. Your drake should be dealing enough damage, so a weapon wont be needed. Your drake will likely never fall asleep, but if its about to just park it behind a rock or something and keep the queen rendered, it wakes up fast. The queen can hit you on your mount so bring a handful of stims if you wanna be extra cautious.

I will give it a go tommorow, I'll let you know how it goes!

We used to team up and use drakes for queen impregnation but we have seriously dangerous in-bred Megas now so can solo em and only use the drakes to cloak and trap the Queen. 

Use mega and light pet to munch down, then when it gets bloody turn light pet off and test for the glow.. when glowing, jump off mega and get riot shield out - she doesn't usually take long before taking a swing and spiking me... spam health brew and jump back on the mega to munch everything around and get xp.  Once max I switch out my mega for my drake and fly back home to fertile lake area :)

ps. remember to put mega on passive if doing this way or it'll munch the queen as it swipes you :(

13 hours ago, Pubbyxd said:

So a few more questions:

I posted a video on despawning and respawn  of Queens with the cords of this location  in aberration  subforum check it out ;) never need kill any queen  unless u need xp... 

Just now, Pubbyxd said:

I play singleplayer so it doesnt really matter tbh. Is it necessary to use a shotgun to get reaper to 2k? Or would it be possible for the rock drake to tank it (15k hp)

rock drake would be enough. Shotgun just have better dmg so its faster. U can hit it without taking damage if space correctly 

9 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Reduced knockback. No reduced torpor as far as I'm aware, but they have VERY high torp drop.

Yeah that's what it was. Cuz yesterday when I was queen hunting my drake was taking a lot of torpor and I just had 6 stimberries and he just dropped 3000 torpor in under a minute. I tried getting a king yesterday and it didnt go bad, but I didn't die so... ye thats a win in my book. My drake could easily tank the reaper queen, but cuz I was so excited I forgot a magnifying glass ._. I've decided to redo my trap and try building syntacs, cuz mine doesn't have foundations. Try number 2 coming up soon :D

39 minutes ago, Pubbyxd said:

Yeah that's what it was. Cuz yesterday when I was queen hunting my drake was taking a lot of torpor and I just had 6 stimberries and he just dropped 3000 torpor in under a minute. I tried getting a king yesterday and it didnt go bad, but I didn't die so... ye thats a win in my book. My drake could easily tank the reaper queen, but cuz I was so excited I forgot a magnifying glass ._. I've decided to redo my trap and try building syntacs, cuz mine doesn't have foundations. Try number 2 coming up soon :D

Gl, share your results! 

Oh btw, since I haven't seen this mentioned yet.. It's very easy to die- or have your suit and baby destroyed- immediately after impregnation. While there's nothing you can do if the Queen decides to chomp you again apart from hope you were dropped off right next to your drake, you can at least help deal with the Nameless. As soon as you see the impregnation animation start to play, toggle your light pet back on. If you're fast enough, you can even kill the Queen herself and instantly get those levels! (Provided they work for you..)

Also, be careful biting after toggling the light off if she's low health. If you know she's below 2k, always wait for the pink glow first before attacking. After you turn off the light, even though she may not have the charge debuff glow, she can still be weakened making it easy to deal too much damage and kill her. 

Also also! Make sure your egg hatch speed isn't too high. More times than I can remember, I've had my rates high for a breeding project, and boom, 3 min to get 52k XP and back to a safe birthing pen!

And of course, have lots of spare hazard gear and make sure you have high dura stuff on, just in case she hits you while you're getting her aggroed to you.

19 minutes ago, Pubbyxd said:

Try 6x4 foundations, 4 high pillars on the front corners with a behemoth gate then run ceilings off the pillars around the outer edge and snap a pillar to each ceiling

A drake can run through it easy but the pillars are low enough to stop her escaping and high enough to not block her when she tries to impregnate you, works everytime

https://ibb.co/nQ7P3Kd

@TheEclipseee 

I actually managed to pull it off ._.

A level 95 queen plus those extra 75 levels and it came out as a 170. No special colors, but I'm so happy! I used a foundation trap this time so imma go farm that queen. But ye, thx all you guys for the help! There was no way I would be able to do this without your help :D

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

So with a foundation trap does that mean the queen doesn't burrow and de-spawn after impregnation?  I just throw down 4 standard stone dino gates around her usually but always disappears after impregnation.

Yes she wont be able to burrow away. But dont go to far away from the queen as she will despawn if you go to far! Syntac built a massive birthing chamber next to the trap, probably what I'm gonna end up doing.

Archived