New Anti Mesh System

MzSquawk

43 minutes ago, Notorious2652 said:

Wildcard only loses in this senerio if you do not buy DLCs, day to day gaming is free so deciding to stop playing will not make any difference to them. there is no ad revenue inside the game so they lose nothing when you quit. 

This right here.  If you have a problem with Wildcard or their methods and you preordered Genesis, you are a part of the problem.  I love this game and would gladly give them money for more DLC if only they would better maintain what already exists.  There are too many long-standing issues that just seem to go without attention.  Some are large, but so many are small little things.  I also want to see the patch process get some major improvements.  While they have made some progress with the last few not taking Win10 users down for 4 days at a time, there are just too many patches and a lot of them seem to be untested and introduce new and old issues as well.   And lastly I would like to see communication improve.

THEN, they have guaranteed at least 3 purchases of Genesis from me and mine.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildcard "losing" isn't what you should hope for, if you like these games. Just (significant) fixes to the anti-meshing false positives, and/or a change to the do-not-restore policy for tames destroyed by the false positives.

An approach that would be more productive would be to do *all* of the following:

• Post all the info you have in the anti-meshing false positives thread (they'll need data to fix all of this!)
  • Submit a ticket to support for each thing you have destroyed by a false positive. Be polite and respectful but express your frustration for the losses caused by false positives. Unless their policy has changed, they'll tell you that they won't do anything, but you'll still be a metric that lets them know the community wants attention on this.
  • Write an email to info@studiowildcard.com, again be polite and respectful  in expressing your frustration with anti-meshing false positives, and the policy for which false-positive destruction won't be restored. Sure, it might be a black hole of an email, and you almost certainly won't get a response, but somebody probably reads them and at least can tell others they've been getting a number of complaints about it.

All of this may help get more focus from the folks at Wildcard on the problem, and more communication about what/when it will be fixed.

@Cedric, will there be any more communication soon about what is being done to fix the anti-meshing destruction false positives? If not, can we please get more attention on it? It feels like we're walking around in a minefield of invisible mines that could destroy hours of work at any moment when playing ark right now. I know you asked for patience while your team works on it, but the false positives seem to be continuing to destroy things daily at a quick pace based off the false positives thread (and thats just the ones that get reported!). There have been some light details in the patch notes, but those seem to be fixes for very specific scenarios. The problem seems much bigger and wide spread than for the very specific fixes so far in the patch notes to solve the problem.

7 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

I do not understand was the anti meshing update only on PvE, don't think so so everyone is a Guinea pig both PvE and PvP.

It's like you clowns want everyone to believe that ark PvE is sooo incredibly hard, like at least four times the challenge of PvP right. Oh no you lost one of your hundreds of stored dinos, oh no you lost a set of gear it's the end of the world.  It's like sooo hard to tame anything or breed on PvE and as for resorces good luck cause they are almost impossible to find. 

Here's a better idea just stop playing ark if you can't handle to lose any dinos or gear.

You're right pve is a lot easier than pvp, and thus loosing poop is relatively less painful... BUT - that doesn't mean we can't OR SHOULDN'T complain. What are you even saying, pve is easy so your dinos are worthless? Any loss in pve is inconsequential? You're also right MANY pve players have hundreds of stored dinos, of course not all do. Regardless that doesn't mean we want to loose any of them, to suggest otherwise is illogical. What is logical is to ask that antimeshing be turned off when as a pve'r I've never been harmed by a mesher in years, but this aggressive system makes me afraid to even play. You're also right: if you can't handle it perhaps a better idea is to just stop playing. Indeed that last point indeed goes for all games. I'm personally still playing ark. It's not that bad yet. But I just see a disturbing trend, and I worry sometimes that my favorite game will die. On the positive side the last few weeks every patch note has mentioned fixing antimeshing. Good luck wild card. And good endurance to pvp and pve.

30 minutes ago, Snackattack90 said:

Anti meshing

So you guys add the anti meshing system but we still can get stuck in replanted trees which now counts as meshing. I lost all my gear to this. If I would have had Dino’s on me I would have lost them to. 

If you haven't already, please do report it on the anti-meshing thread, submit a ticket to support, and write a respectful letter to info@studiowildcard.com expressing frustration with the abundance of false positives in the new system. They seem to be ignoring (or, benefit of the doubt, not seeing) when people complain on the forums. Keep letting them know about the instances of false-positives and your frustration!

7 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Sometimes  ppl mesh on pve aswell.to steal eggs or to gain access  to a base ...

Then wont it be safer to add ownership to eggs (like structures) than to make this antimesh system...…..

I can imagine tat there will be an anti-snow-owl-baby-permanent-freeze-raising system that will kill the babies on a random basis, or an anti duping system that will cause random losses of tek structures and blueprints.

It is good that there are attempts to remove exploits, but I really wish it is done with more considerations about collateral damages.

28 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Sometimes  ppl mesh on pve aswell.to steal eggs or to gain access  to a base ...

I think the benefits of having anti-meshing on on PVE are far less than the negatives, at least until they iron out the kinks. ItThe false positives combined with not restoring tames is pretty disrespectful to the PVE playing community.  I also wish they'd engage with the community on the forums, if nothing else saying they understand the frustration and are still working to fix. Its like they have a gag order not to talk about anti-meshing.

FWIW, my egg rooms are always not near the mesh or exterior walls. So far haven't had an egg stolen (knock on wood). Perhaps I'm just lucky, though.

11 minutes ago, khanthe said:

FWIW, my egg rooms are always not near the mesh or exterior walls. So far haven't had an egg stolen (knock on wood). Perhaps I'm just lucky, though.

Mine is 1 layer of behemoth gates and 3 layers of normal walls and automatic doors, plus 4 layers of ceilings...…. in the ocean.

I hope there is no way to penetrate it...….

1 hour ago, nameless said:

Mine is 1 layer of behemoth gates and 3 layers of normal walls and automatic doors, plus 4 layers of ceilings...…. in the ocean.

I hope there is no way to penetrate it...….

Yes sadly there's many ways to enter into a base even in water...and easier to leave the base after.

2 hours ago, khanthe said:

I think the benefits of having anti-meshing on on PVE are far less than the negatives, at least until they iron out the kinks. ItThe false positives combined with not restoring tames is pretty disrespectful to the PVE playing community.  I also wish they'd engage with the community on the forums, if nothing else saying they understand the frustration and are still working to fix. Its like they have a gag order not to talk about anti-meshing.

Well generally ppl don't go to great lengths to troll players but then there's that one guy lol but no base is safe from meshing  in pve...

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 5:07 AM, Helpmeplease420 said:

Could we possibly remove the insta kill until things get worked out with the new system? Or at least from official, I understand using a un developing false positive in a dedicated server people pay for but I'm just trying to enjoy a normal play experience. Considering how long it takes to tame a raptor and it just disappears from false anti mesh I'm at the point of doing bosses collecting artifacts and I can almost say it's impossible and very disappointing to the fact it wants me to play another game or watch Netflix until it's fixed. You invest so much time in this game collecting armor and tames takes months...to die from bugs in seconds. Not to mention I just bought abberation, I thought would be a cool map. Complete waste of money due to the one very fact, I constantly kill myself from either falling asleep or touching a wall. 

As the players and the community can we at least get a vote to see if people want a un finished update or to vote for it to be postponed until everything's been tested and fixed.

I understand the game being on game pass and being a (preview) in the past, but the people believe the game is in full release 60$ at gamestop. So it's safe to say we the people who buy what's being provided shouldn't be secretly volunteering to help test and fix this game. That may be the idea intended but I can say many people are upset and with genisis coming near, I'm afraid to say but I see a huge population drop within the last week since January 22 and a even bigger Hull since right after the Thanksgiving event.

Out of 100%percent honesty, if you want people to come back and buy the Dlc and invest hours of life, as the people who manage/develope the game, simply create a poll asking the community that plays the game what they want and explain how we could help rather than wait

Your truly - ark gamer

This.  

• 2 weeks later...

I 1000% agree! Absolutely sick and tired of PVE being penalised because of nasty cheating pathetic PvP players!  I’ve lost so much gear and dinos due to under mapping or being killed by a rock that the system says is meshing?! WTH? Who meshes on pve?!? I don’t even know how to do it or why you would?! 

undermapping was kinda fixed on abb before this really stupid meshing system, it used to bounce you back out, now you just get deleted!? So infuriating! 

Devs plz remove meshing system from pve?! We need an anti undermapping system! Pretty plz & grrrr ? 

I lost a rock drake that had several hours worth of loot from drop farming, all because I was up against a foundation while turning and somehow glitched underneath it.

My question is simply this: Why would the anti-meshing ever need to kill anything, especially in PvE? If it can track the last known non-mesh locations of all the dinos and players, then why can't it just put them back there when they end up under the mesh?

If there's a glitch that causes something to go under the mesh, like probably the vast majority of all cases recently, then making it jump back to the last location will effectively fix the glitch and pull them out. It could actually be a benefit and something of a workaround for the terrible, glitchy physics system. But instead it's insult to injury, where we get glitched through no fault of our own, and then get killed and lose everything because of that. Before the anti-meshing system we could potentially get things unstuck and even make it out with the stuff we have on us or our tames.

Archived