New Anti Mesh System

MzSquawk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Wildcard Community

If you are an unofficial server who doesn't have problems with meshing, it might be best to hold off for a bit as we fine tune things.  But if you do have problems with meshing, the anti-mesh system is worth considering - even with its known problem areas.

The commands to activate/deactivate are now in the patch notes.

1 hour ago, Cedric said:

If you are an unofficial server who doesn't have problems with meshing, it might be best to hold off for a bit as we fine tune things.  But if you do have problems with meshing, the anti-mesh system is worth considering - even with its known problem areas.

You da man cedric...no matter what ppl say in these forums \social media. ... in my eyes your doing a damn good job;)...and this is coming from a 100% legacy player ....keep up the great work team!!!!

So, how's the new anti-mesh system?

Just as the title suggests. I play Singleplayer so I don't know what effect this has. Has meshing problem been reduced a bit? Are you guys gonna stop saying "FIX YOUR GAME" every 2 seconds without providing a suggestion on how to fix it?

Edit: wow thanks.. combining this topic with this one doesnt really work but ok...

"FIX YOUR GAME" will never Stop till so lot Bugs still Ingame.
I playing on Official PVE Servers and dont really care about meshing but it seems ppl now losing Stuff because of the Anti Meshing System. The game counts some places as if you meshing even though you are not. Like some Artefact Caves. Wildcard will need now a lot of time to fix all this "Instant killing Spots"

This new anti mesh resolution has also caused an issue for unofficial server admins utilizing /cheat ghost in order to see/find/clear meshed bases or rule breaking tribes structures.

IE invisible vacuum chambers housing turrets, and others. even under god and ghost the new antimesh tps u back several times, then randomly kills you without killing you.

48 minutes ago, DTXEVO said:

This new anti mesh resolution has also caused an issue for unofficial server admins utilizing /cheat ghost in order to see/find/clear meshed bases or rule breaking tribes structures.

IE invisible vacuum chambers housing turrets, and others. even under god and ghost the new antimesh tps u back several times, then randomly kills you without killing you.

For Unofficials, these launch parameters can be used:
-noundermeshchecking // Will turn it off the anti meshing system entirely
-noundermeshkilling // Will turn it off the anti meshing player kills (but still allow teleporting)

On 1/24/2020 at 7:46 PM, Cedric said:

Ty cedric ill hold off for a but yh i do get meshers but have been managing it i will hang on while you smooth things out.

Thanks 

Could we possibly remove the insta kill until things get worked out with the new system? Or at least from official, I understand using a un developing false positive in a dedicated server people pay for but I'm just trying to enjoy a normal play experience. Considering how long it takes to tame a raptor and it just disappears from false anti mesh I'm at the point of doing bosses collecting artifacts and I can almost say it's impossible and very disappointing to the fact it wants me to play another game or watch Netflix until it's fixed. You invest so much time in this game collecting armor and tames takes months...to die from bugs in seconds. Not to mention I just bought abberation, I thought would be a cool map. Complete waste of money due to the one very fact, I constantly kill myself from either falling asleep or touching a wall. 

As the players and the community can we at least get a vote to see if people want a un finished update or to vote for it to be postponed until everything's been tested and fixed.

I understand the game being on game pass and being a (preview) in the past, but the people believe the game is in full release 60$ at gamestop. So it's safe to say we the people who buy what's being provided shouldn't be secretly volunteering to help test and fix this game. That may be the idea intended but I can say many people are upset and with genisis coming near, I'm afraid to say but I see a huge population drop within the last week since January 22 and a even bigger Hull since right after the Thanksgiving event.

Out of 100%percent honesty, if you want people to come back and buy the Dlc and invest hours of life, as the people who manage/develope the game, simply create a poll asking the community that plays the game what they want and explain how we could help rather than wait

Your truly - ark gamer

We had a few messages in the logs this morning that "Anti-meshing destroyed..." with a few items. Some were from a 1x1 we had placed in a small crevice on Aberration,  which seems to be fair enough.

However, we also lost a Rock Drake to the same system. I jumped on singleplayer and tested the coordinates using `setPlayerPos`, and it did indeed show the position to be inside of a wall. However, I have no idea how it got in there; I had only used the drake last night.

I was afraid this is going to happen with the update, that our bases will be destroyed by the anti meshing system if when they implemented it they considered how we sometimes build our bases for example: 

Our terrain is not flat so we cannot place foundations in a square to build bases of your base so we have adapted to pillars and ceilings but most of the time we have to snap few pillars in order to pick up as having a foundation under the ceiling, and if the bottom pillar snaps below the ground does it now consider it as meshing now even if we do not intend to mesh but just build a floor for our base. 

I am not sure if this is what happened to you nor have a logged into ark to see if my bases is fine but  i am sure i will see the same with mine.      

On 1/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, whitewolfxs said:

yes it is released and its already bugged, its insta killing you if you try to leave ice cave on ragnarok, do not attempt to do this cave you wont be able to leave it will teleport you 2 or 3 times and then kill you

Now, almost a week later and quite a few fixes to the anti-meshing system later: do you still have the same problem? Have caves been fixed?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Razen said:

I got stuff broked on official and told on a topic and post just got deleted. what a joke

I've looked at your profile just now, and it was removed because you didn't provide coordinates. Post again with a screenshot of your tribe logs. That thread specifically asks for coordinates, so they can look them up and everything else is not helpful to them and is just noise.

We tried using a kark and a doed going down into the radiation cave on valguero.  It's impossible to ride the doed while being carried by the kark on any slope.  Period.  Going downhill wasn't easy, uphill, had to just toss the doed, and even then....maybe u could after the 3rd time picking it up.

I'd turn it on at your own peril right now.  Turn it on after they work out the kinks.  This was bound to happen.  Unavoidable even.

Meshing aggressiveness

Please make the system more aggressive, but also more forgiving. Teleport players to a dedicated teleport location if they mesh too often, rather than destroying them completely. There are plenty of times false positives still happen, and it's not fun losing everything to a glitch.

If you feel like being really aggressive, give the player a glowing aura that says "I'm a potential mesher" so other players can make fun of them. :P

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to New Anti Mesh System
On 1/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, Cedric said:

Thanks for making the option available to Nitrado server admin, just saw it. Much appreciated giving us the choice.

1212462738_Annotation2020-01-28200339.thumb.jpg.3ecca4b3d1de28d639756611fb2c76f4.jpg

Regards,

Archived