Jump to content

SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)


Recommended Posts

  • AndrokSurvivor changed the title to SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)

Version 1.3.0 available, featuring support for genesis and all future maps + hourly/daily local file backups.

Backups are enabled by default and should save to your user directory, to disable backups or change any backup settings see the new properties file.

Refer to installation steps for version 1.2.0

If upgrading delete C:\Program Files\ArkSync and extract the new ArkSync folder to C:\Program Files and you should be good to go! Bare in mind any properties which you had previously set you will have to set again for 1.3.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend and I are trying to set this up since we both can't always be online at the same time. Everything goes fine on installation until we try to find the StudioWildcard folder in the appdata. It just isn't there, and we can't find it anywhere.

We've been playing on our own server for quite a while now, so something should exist somewhere....but we can't find it. Any ideas on what we're missing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, alexthegrt said:

Hey so I have it all setup with 3 maps. Everything was working great!!!

Until I shut down the servers for a windows update . When I reloaded them we noticed nothing saved and the 2 new servers went back to day 1 and the existing server went back to the save right before i started the cluster.

Any suggestions?

Hey, once you have your cluster setup you need to make sure to set "task.download" to 'false' otherwise when the arksync program is restarted it will overwrite your local files with the cloud files (download), hence why you're being rolled back! 

On 8/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, alexthegrt said:

Ok so I edited the sync.prop file to turn map sync off. Instead of true I put false. It still synced and wiped save

Not to mention I had to give myself permission to edit the file. 

This setting is for synchronization, once disabled the cloud map files should not be updated, however if you still have "task.download" set to 'true' then your local files will be overwritten. 

Sorry, I haven't really worked on this or used the ark forums for a LONG time. The program should work fine once you have all your permissions and what not sorted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2020 at 11:06 PM, cxfAtheus said:

My friend and I are trying to set this up since we both can't always be online at the same time. Everything goes fine on installation until we try to find the StudioWildcard folder in the appdata. It just isn't there, and we can't find it anywhere.

We've been playing on our own server for quite a while now, so something should exist somewhere....but we can't find it. Any ideas on what we're missing?

Since it's been two months, I'm sure you've figured it out.. however just in case, check that you have the setting "Hidden items" enabled in the 'View' settings for file explorer! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, AndrokSurvivor said:

Hey, once you have your cluster setup you need to make sure to set "task.download" to 'false' otherwise when the arksync program is restarted it will overwrite your local files with the cloud files (download), hence why you're being rolled back! 

This setting is for synchronization, once disabled the cloud map files should not be updated, however if you still have "task.download" set to 'true' then your local files will be overwritten. 

Sorry, I haven't really worked on this or used the ark forums for a LONG time. The program should work fine once you have all your permissions and what not sorted!

Thanks for the response. I ended up setting task download to false before the first run and also set map to false. It runs smoothly now. What are the disadvantages to having map sync off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, alexthegrt said:

Thanks for the response. I ended up setting task download to false before the first run and also set map to false. It runs smoothly now. What are the disadvantages to having map sync off?

Map sync is for if you constantly switch maps on your servers, for instance say you run valguero on server 1 then switch to ragnarok and then you want server 2 to switch to valguero it wont be the same save as server 1 if you have map sync off. So essentially map files wont be synchronized between your servers. 

IF however you want to run several servers with the same map, say two servers running genesis then you should definitely turn map sync off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, AndrokSurvivor said:

Try running it through command prompt instead and see what happens!

Doing that did allow it to run longer and stay up but still no files in the arksync folder in Dropbox. It appears to getcloudpath correctly and getnlocalpath correctly then reads:

exception in thread "main" java.lang.nullpointerexception

At java.util.objects.requirenonnull(unknown source)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.getlocalmapdirectories(analysis.java:33)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.analysedirectories(analysis.java:19)

At arksync.Main.main(main.java:53)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2020 at 6:23 AM, Heller89 said:

Doing that did allow it to run longer and stay up but still no files in the arksync folder in Dropbox. It appears to getcloudpath correctly and getnlocalpath correctly then reads:

exception in thread "main" java.lang.nullpointerexception

At java.util.objects.requirenonnull(unknown source)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.getlocalmapdirectories(analysis.java:33)

At arksync.utilities.analysis.analysedirectories(analysis.java:19)

At arksync.Main.main(main.java:53)

I think you've skipped a step, make sure to host a player dedicated instance on each map that you want to synchronize then run SyncArk. If you have no local map files to synchronize then it won't work, you need at least one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started over, i used double \\ as you stated to someone above and found some success. The bat file will still only stay up if i run it through cmd admin. It successfully created folders maps, obelisk, player_data into arksync on onedrive but theyre all empty. Theres plenty of files in the wildcard numbersandletters folder as the server has been up for months. Any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Heller89 said:

I started over, i used double \\ as you stated to someone above and found some success. The bat file will still only stay up if i run it through cmd admin. It successfully created folders maps, obelisk, player_data into arksync on onedrive but theyre all empty. Theres plenty of files in the wildcard numbersandletters folder as the server has been up for months. Any suggestions?

Do you have multiple numbers and letters folders? The program may be looking at the wrong directory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey not sure if you're still working on this or might be able to help. So I've install the program on two machines, on the "main" hosting machine it's working just fine, everything is uploading and syncing correctly and all that but on the secondary machine, I've done the download to get the cloud files, but it seems to only be syncing the maps and ob data. Not sure why it's not doing the character data though as I haven't changed or done anything with it. any help would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I do not make it work at all. it just blinks and nothing happens.
have read through the whole thread but nothing works.

do not really know where to start, look for errors

can I use a network hard drive instead of dropbox? I have for example z:


I also have problems when I run 2 servers. where ARK is downloaded with the same main account. but hosted with their own accounts. Anyone have a solution to this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2021 at 4:26 PM, Torsten85 said:

I do not make it work at all. it just blinks and nothing happens.
have read through the whole thread but nothing works.

do not really know where to start, look for errors

can I use a network hard drive instead of dropbox? I have for example z:


I also have problems when I run 2 servers. where ARK is downloaded with the same main account. but hosted with their own accounts. Anyone have a solution to this?

I think there was a post about running a command to get it to show, I think on the second page of this post. And I guess it wouldn't matter, just something that all your servers have access to is really all that's needed. just put the network drive location in the cloud part of the config file. Are you trying to run them both on the same PC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, Blacksphinx said:

I think there was a post about running a command to get it to show, I think on the second page of this post. And I guess it wouldn't matter, just something that all your servers have access to is really all that's needed. just put the network drive location in the cloud part of the config file. Are you trying to run them both on the same PC?

 

no have a pc for each server.

and tested SyncArk on a PC. And secondly, all directories are correct. but nothing happens. commando window just flashed on.

right now I only run 2 servers with FreeFileSync instead. and it works. but would like to set up a third server but then it does not work with FreeFileSync.
And I can not get SyncArk to start at all = (
and as I said, read through the entire thread and tested without results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2021 at 6:29 PM, Torsten85 said:

 

no have a pc for each server.

and tested SyncArk on a PC. And secondly, all directories are correct. but nothing happens. commando window just flashed on.

right now I only run 2 servers with FreeFileSync instead. and it works. but would like to set up a third server but then it does not work with FreeFileSync.
And I can not get SyncArk to start at all = (
and as I said, read through the entire thread and tested without results.

Hey, sorry don't come on here often... hope you got it working! In case you haven't, i still use syncark and it should be working. Make sure you're using the latest version (1.3.0) and that your properties file is correct. If you start syncark using command prompt then you should be able to see what the error is and work from there. 

Remember you need to start your player dedicated servers on each map that you want it to work for before starting syncark so that it's able to map files correctly. Even if you don't want a new map save, once you start syncark with the "download" option set to true in properties these new map files will be overwritten by your saves in your shared storage. 

On 3/11/2021 at 2:46 AM, Andacanaver said:

Hey not sure if you're still working on this or might be able to help. So I've install the program on two machines, on the "main" hosting machine it's working just fine, everything is uploading and syncing correctly and all that but on the secondary machine, I've done the download to get the cloud files, but it seems to only be syncing the maps and ob data. Not sure why it's not doing the character data though as I haven't changed or done anything with it. any help would be appreciated.

Hey, character synchronisation is a bit iffy due to characters also existing within the map save. To synchronise characters properly players need to kill themselves before they go to another server (to get rid of the character on the map). Unfortunately this isn't something i can fix because it's just how the game works. 

On 11/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, xBaliztekx said:

I have a few questions. Since I have 2 servers, do I need arksynk for both instances? If so I have two issues going on separately. On one, it is not putting the files in Dropbox. The other, once i open the .bat file is flashes and goes away. I have screenshots of cmd if you would like to see them.

Hey, for each server you need to set up and run arksync. It's likely that your properties file is not set correctly, happy to see the screenshots if you're still trying to get this to work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...