SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Character synchronisation can be a bit messy however since the map file also stores character information, for example if you complete a boss fight you will need to respawn (kill yourself) on the other maps for your implant to be updated, however if you don't respawn in time then the synchronised character file will be overwritten by the data stored by the map you're on. XP can also be overwritten sometimes... It can be pretty annoying, hence you may prefer turning character synchronisation off in the syncark properties file and instead occasionally copying the files over after boss fights etc. 

A workaround would be to kill yourself every time before hopping to a different server so that you're always using your synchronised character file rather than the preexisting one on the map. 

It's an annoying problem that can't be fixed since character data can no longer be uploaded like it used to, really wish wildcard would bring this feature back... but it's better than not being able to transfer your character at all! ?

5 hours ago, Xxtreme82 said:

I also noticed everytime a new player joins or map is created i have to close the .bat program delete drop box folder and re run .bat before it will sync the files

Currently you do have to rerun the .bat program for new maps, however you shouldn't have to delete the drop box folder.

5 hours ago, Xxtreme82 said:

Nope i got it all syncing good had 3 maps running and working great Its awesome thank you for your help and this awesome program. 

3 hours ago, Xxtreme82 said:

Although everytime i start the .bat i have to delete dropbox or the program doesnt stay running it comes up then closes back down

Hmm strange.. I don't have this issue. Hopefully I fixed it by accident in the next version ?

And no problem!

23 hours ago, Xxtreme82 said:

Although everytime i start the .bat i have to delete dropbox or the program doesnt stay running it comes up then closes back down

20 hours ago, AndrokSurvivor said:

Hmm strange.. I don't have this issue. Hopefully I fixed it by accident in the next version ?

And no problem!

I am having this issue as well. For me it did not start until I installed the new update.

Also thanks a ton your program is much better than my xcopy solution. Really looking forward to the new update!

25 minutes ago, Xxtreme82 said:

I had mine syncing great without having to delete dropbox data until i restarted my PCs. I had to change permissions on appdata to get it to run but after i cleared everything and restarted the PCs to start a new game it wont run properly again

If you're starting a new server...

1. Make sure SyncArk is not running on any of your PCs

2. In the game menus, clear the player dedicated data on all your servers

3. Run a player dedicated session on each map that you want to synchronise, do this on all of your PCs (this creates the required folder structures)

4. Delete the SyncArk folder on dropbox

5. Run the program on one PC to "upload" your server, wait until dropbox has synced with your new files

6. On each PC wait until the local dropbox folder has updated, then run SyncArk (make sure 'task.download' is set to true in properties)

You should now be synchronised ? - once all your servers are setup you can set task.download to false, this will prevent overwriting your local files

Otherwise.. if it's a permissions issue, try taking ownership of AppData!

No files are in the same place exept now theres more studiowildcard  randomletterandnumbers folders.  The only way i have got anything to happen is if i physically put copies of the map files in the same places in each folder system. I know your not suppose to but just playing and testing. This isnt just one pc but all 3 PCs ive tried on. Every problem ive run into has been with every one of my pcs. Every time ive got something to work the same fix has worked on all of them

1 hour ago, Xxtreme82 said:

No files are in the same place exept now theres more studiowildcard  randomletterandnumbers folders.  The only way i have got anything to happen is if i physically put copies of the map files in the same places in each folder system. I know your not suppose to but just playing and testing. This isnt just one pc but all 3 PCs ive tried on. Every problem ive run into has been with every one of my pcs. Every time ive got something to work the same fix has worked on all of them

Ahh several randomletterandnumbers folders would cause issues, I'm assuming that now one of these folders are redundant now that you have the season pass. 

You have two options: 

1. Remove the folder which the game doesn't save to

2. Set the local directory in the syncark properties file to the directory which the game saves to i.e.
loc.local=C:\\Users\\yourusername\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS

What would block the program from doing the initial download sequence. Ive only ever seen that once. Im noticing that i can only get the program to sync if it has all the files and folders including map data files etc. to upload to an empty dropbox. But if it cant upload because the files already exist it shuts down. The only time ive got it to run and sync without deleting the dropbox syncark folder first was the only time ive seen it download.

My thought is if theres no info to download and it doesnt need that sequence it skips to the next but if theres any info needed for download it errors and shuts down??? Maybe something  blocking download. All fresh installs of windows 10.

14 hours ago, Xxtreme82 said:

What would block the program from doing the initial download sequence. Ive only ever seen that once. Im noticing that i can only get the program to sync if it has all the files and folders including map data files etc. to upload to an empty dropbox. But if it cant upload because the files already exist it shuts down. The only time ive got it to run and sync without deleting the dropbox syncark folder first was the only time ive seen it download.

My thought is if theres no info to download and it doesnt need that sequence it skips to the next but if theres any info needed for download it errors and shuts down??? Maybe something  blocking download. All fresh installs of windows 10.

Ways which would prevent the download from happening:

1. It is disabled in properties

2. It performs an install instead (this happens if your dropbox doesn't contain a syncark folder already) 

3. Local folder structure for maps don't exist i.e. you haven't run a player dedicated server instance on each map (this would stop syncark)

• AndrokSurvivor changed the title to SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)

Archived