SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)

SyncArk, Windows 10 player dedicated server program

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tN6aMOVzSE0G1WKc0YGJOvTFzFlhfEpF?usp=sharing

What is SyncArk? Exactly what it implies! It is a small .jar file that synchronises your local player dedicated server files to a cloud directory such as dropbox (recommended) or onedrive. This means that you can host different maps on several PCs and transfer between them. For example, I use my PC and my laptop to host two player dedicated servers and use this app to transfer between them. 

What else can it be used for? Are you and your friends online at different times and want to play on your ark server but it isn't up 24/7? Thanks to this app any one of your friends can host the server and play at anytime! Just make sure you don't both host the same map at the same time.. 

Features

- synchronisation, all your server files will be synchronised between the servers you host, this includes maps, character data and obelisk data. 

- download, want a friend to host a server? Send them the program! It'll download all your server files to their PC and synchronise with your servers. 

- analysis, don't have all the dlc installed? No problem! The program scans your existing ark folder structure and only maps your server folders with map folders that exist on your PC.

- single executable, the java application has been built into a single .jar file, and comes with an example .bat file that you can simply double click to start downloading your server and get synchronizing! Thanks to this you can use task scheduler on your PC to create a simple task to run the .bat file on startup, so all you have to do is turn on your PC and the server files will be synchronising without any of your input. 

- lightweight, a very small program specifically created for ark, so no stress on your PC!

- conveniently cloudy, no unnecessary files generated on your cloud storage so synchronisation is always fast!

Will the program support genesis? Of course! I love ark and use this program all the time to sync my servers so all future maps will be supported. Just make sure you update! 

Which platforms are supported? Windows 10 for crossplay/xbox servers. 

What if my windows 10 ark files are encrypted? Doesn't matter! It's magic!

When is the program available? Now, check the link!

Suggestions? Let me know! 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guide still works with 1.1.0 if you don't want to use dropbox or have other preferences, however I advise you setup dropbox and follow the 1.1.0 installation guide in the comment below!

PERQUISITES - Install java https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml then set PATH https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Following the link provided in the post you'll find a zip folder, extract it's contents to C:\Program Files 

Open the extracted folder "ArkSync" and you'll find another folder called "ArkSync", download either onedrive or dropbox(preferred) and paste this folder onto there. 

Make sure that your cloud storage (onedrive or dropbox) is accessible through File Explorer. 

With this folder on your cloud storage you want to put your server data inside it, go to: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS

Once your here open the bat file using notepad contained within your extracted ArkSync folder in Program Files and replace GAMEPATH with C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS (copy and paste the path from file explorer) ALSO replace CLOUDPATH with the path to your ArkSync folder in your cloud directory, i.e. C:\Users\yourusername\Dropbox\ArkSync

Your bat file is now setup.

IF YOUR STARTING A NEW SERVER YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART

Uploading your existing server files to your cloud storage... 

Existing obelisk data (Optional)

Go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS\LocalState\Saved\clusters\solecluster and copy/paste it's contents to C:\Users\yourusername\Dropbox\ArkSync\obelisk

Maps 

At C:\Users\yourusername\Dropbox\ArkSync\maps you'll find a bunch of map folders, at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS\LocalState\Saved\Maps you'll find your existing saves. Go into each one, grab the .ark file and paste it into the relevant arksync folder. 

For example, for the island...

Copy C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS\LocalState\Saved\Maps\SavedArks\TheIsland.ark and paste to C:\Users\yourusername\Dropbox\ArkSync\maps\TheIsland

Do this for all your existing map files. 

Character data

At C:\Users\yourusername\Dropbox\ArkSync\player_data you'll find a bunch of your folders, from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS\LocalState\Saved\Maps you want to go into the map directory with the characters you want to upload, grab all the files except for the .ark one (also ignore any folders) paste them into C:\Users\yourusername\Dropbox\ArkSync\player_data

Now you want to move each file into the directory based on it's extension, for example all .arkprofile files go into the arkprofile directory. 

There you go! All set up, double click the bat file to start the application. Or set it as a schedules task using Task Scheduler.

Any questions/issues feel free to ask!

Version 1.1.0 available! Installation made much easier.

New installation steps...

PERQUISITES -

Install java https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml then set PATH https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Install dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/install

Following the link provided in the post you'll find a zip folder inside 1.1.0, extract it's contents to your computer C:\Program Files so that you have C:\Program Files\ArkSync

Make sure that your cloud storage (dropbox) is accessible through your PC's File Explorer. 

DONE! Launch the .bat file and get synchronised! 

NOTE: Character data may be uploaded to dropbox incorrectly on install (character saves may be reverted to older saves) however after install all data will synchronise correctly! (This will be fixed in next release if this bothers you)

TIP: Create a scheduled task using windows task scheduler to run the .bat file on startup! This way you wont have to launch the .bat file every time you start your server!

Version 1.2.0 available! Properties file + character data on install fix and more!

Installation steps... (If you are updating SyncArk,  simply delete C:\Program Files\ArkSync and extract the new version!)

PERQUISITES -

Install java https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml then set PATH https://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Install dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/install

Following the link provided in the post you'll find a zip folder inside 1.2.0, extract it's contents to your computer C:\Program Files so that you have C:\Program Files\ArkSync

Make sure that your cloud storage (dropbox) is accessible through your PC's File Explorer

DONE! Launch the .bat file and get synchronised! 

TIP: Create a scheduled task using windows task scheduler to run the .bat file on startup! This way you wont have to launch the .bat file every time you start your server!

Properties fileEnables custom configuration of SyncArk! (SyncArk must be restarted if already running to be affected by any changes)

loc.cloud (can leave as null) = Path to your cloud save directory C:\\Users\\yourusername\\Dropbox\\ArkSync
loc.local (can leave as null) = Path to your local save directory C:\\Users\\yourusername\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS
sync.player = Leave as true to synchronise player data, otherwise set to false
sync.obelisk = Leave as true to synchronise obelisk data, otherwise set to false
sync.maps = Leave as true to synchronise map data, otherwise set to false
period.player = Period of time in minutes to wait between player data synchronisations (If sync.player=true)
period.obelisk = Period of time in minutes to wait between obelisk synchronisations (If sync.obelisk=true)
period.maps = Period of time in minutes to wait between map synchronisations (If sync.maps=true)
task.download = Option to download all game save files with those stored on the cloud storage (existing local files are overwritten, default true)
task.sync = Option to disable all synchronisation tasks (obelisk, player data and maps)

What's next for SyncArk? Support for Genesis and all future maps.

Which version did you install? For 1.2.0 the path is set in the 'sync.properties' file (will just be called 'sync' if you have extensions off) instead of the '.bat' file hence why there is just java info in the bat file.

Inside the properties file you should have:

loc.cloud=null
loc.local=null

You should be able to leave these as 'null' if you're using dropbox since it's been update to do the install automatically. Otherwise change them like so...

loc.cloud=C:\\Users\\yourusername\\Dropbox\\ArkSync
loc.local=C:\\Users\\yourusername\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS

Once you have your properties file set up go ahead and launch the bat file!

If by path you mean setting the path for java...

Go into windows settings, search for environment variables and select "Edit the system environment variables".

Click "Environment Variables..."

Under system variables select variable "Path" and click "Edit..."

Click "New" and enter the path to your java's bin file. As an example for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin 

"Ok" your way out of these settings and your java path should be set.

To test, open "Command Prompt" type "java" and hit enter. The command should be recognised!

Followed everything, Clicked .bat file, it put syncark in drop box in file explorer i can see them in my dropbox app on my phone.....all folders are empty in both Dropbox and in C:\Program Files\syncark, and i tried putting a picture in multiple folders in c:\Program Files\SyncArk\SyncArk\ and it wont sync to my DropBox......Permissions on C:\Program Files ???... everytime i do anything i get a prompt stating i need admin priviliges. It does let me copy files but wont let me save anything in folder structure

c:\Program Files\SyncArk\SyncArk\ is used for install purposes only and is not synced with your Dropbox folder. If you've put any files inside remove them! 

When you launch the bat file does the console window stay open? Or does it close? 

If it stays open have you tried running a player dedicated server on any map? The Dropbox folder is synced directly with the game files ?

If it still doesn't work, it may be a case of access privileges, 

Navigate to the C:\Users\yourusername 

Click "View" at the top and make sure "Hidden Items" is ticked 

Right click appdata and go into properties/settings 

Navigate to advanced security settings 

Change owner

In the "Enter the object name to select" field type the email of the account you use to login to your computer and click "Check Names" this should autofill the user for you. Click OK. 

Make sure the same user has full control over the directory and make sure you have "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

This should hopefully allow syncark to access and modify the game files.

Otherwise navigate to the local ark folder at andC:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS and follow the same procedure. 

Let's diagnose what's going on here...

1. Open command prompt

2. Type the following: cd C:\Program Files\ArkSync

3. Press enter

4. Type the following: arksync.bat

Let me know what happens, if possible copy & paste the output for me!

It's possible that you may have to change your local path if your local game save is stored in a different location to the default. Just want to see what the program is struggling with! 

It may be worth deleting the syncark folder on your dropbox each time you run the bat file to proc the install process! (At least until it installs correctly!)

Currently arksync works by checking which map saves you have first before synchronising, hence why you're having to restart the bat file. If you run a player dedicated server instance on each map that you want to synchronise (so that the save folder structure exists) then restart the .bat all your files will be synchronised ?

I do intend to improve this so that arksync checks for new map saves during synchronisation rather than just before! 

Open the properties file called 'sync.properties' and change:

loc.local=null

to

loc.local=path to your folder which contains your save files (StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS)

i.e.

loc.local=C:\\Users\\yourusername\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\StudioWildcard.NUMBERSANDLETTERS

Make sure you double slash! Because Java...

3 hours ago, Xxtreme82 said:

So i got it syncing i think but i get

slf4j: failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.staticloggerbinder" 

Next line 

SLF4J:  Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation

But when i start ark it continues 

Hi, don't worry about this.. I get this also! Just a well known logging issue I'm currently too lazy to fix. Doesn't affect the program at all :)

Next version (1.3.0) has support for Genesis and future maps, automatic backups (hourly and/or daily) and various other improvements. I'm currently using it on my servers however since the current version (1.2.0) works for all existing maps and to avoid having too many versions of SyncArk which could cause confusion... I'll release it on the 23rd, ready for Genesis ?

• AndrokSurvivor changed the title to SyncArk - Version 1.3.0 available! (Genesis support)

Archived