A Message from the Founders

StudioWildcard

Omg some people just need to grow up. Its just a game. Stop bitching and moaning like babies, wild card have their priorities just like you have. If you paid for the DlC already good on you that means it gives others a chance to buy the dlc end of January and be on the same level as the rest when the dlc comes out. 
I’ll wait a year if I have to as long as the release is smooth and not glitchy with all the patches and downloads we had with other DLC releases. 
Then major thing I think wild card need to address to now is the kitting on extinction servers pve official and give teleporters the option for alliance, public and closed. These options would help. 

• Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, 2x3m said:

Thank You Wildcard for Pushing it back one month, really thank you. :Dif it takes 3 months or even 5 its no problem at all but please please please try to release it without critical issues, bugs, crashes ... you released previous dlc with.

Im only speaking for me and there is no sarcasm in this post i really hope it will be the first time that you bring an official dlc that has no problems at all right from the beginning like Valguero for example (smoothest release ever) im sorry to say but youve never released a dlc that was running that smooth from day One. And i think thats an important point many Companies didnt see they are trying to push, push again and then they try to push harder just to release it right in time but a modder is doing it because of his or her heart, because they like to produce that content for the Game they like and Companies ofc they need to make Money but People that get a product they are happy with usually buy more products of the same company and they will recommend to their friends, family ... pls think about that. A fast release of a dlc brings in fast cash but a good dlc keeps the company not even running it keeps the Company growing. And back to the main thing this post is about, thank you for not releasing it in january and please think about how a release would be for (y)our Community if they can enjoy it from day one? I think the Name Genesis is worth that effort. Maybe Genesis will be the thing the People will remember you in Years and its your decision how they will remember about it ;) Keep on doing the good Work #PositiveVibes

and im pretty sure there are more People outside that are thinking like this, i mean Ark is a longterm Game i know some People (me Included) that have more then 10k hours on your Game we wouldnt play that Game if we wouldnt enjoy at all but i saw many People leaving Ark and ALL of them because of the Issues your Game has and Server Lags. Im sorry to say but its the truth. So please take all the Time it needs but please Fix Genesis until its running smooth maybe even do another open beta test and listen to your Community whatever but please take all the Time it need to bring us a Genesis we will like and enjoy and after that please Fix the Rest of Things that are still Broken in Game like Tek Bridges that cant snap to structures and decay after 12 hours as a lil example. Sorry thats a Long Text i wrote here and i think many are to lazy to read it but please think about it if you are one of the Team from Studio Wildcard that is reading that text and if you are just another Gamer that likes this Game like i do and agree with me and what i wrote here pls give me a thumbsup Emote to Show them there are more in the Comunity then just the People who say release release release, come on Wildcard release it tomorrow or better right NOW, ... And please Remember thats the same Group of People that will Cry after you released because it has so many bugs ... Some People will never be happy, but some are if you get them a good and enjoyable Ark again, those are with me pls give me a like (not just for me, i know there are more out there thinking like me, i mean for the Devs so that they will know.

Sorry for my english and that this Text is that long but please read it! #PositiveVibes :D

Well said I also agree 

• Thanks 1

Thanks devs for finally making a statement.  For those of us that have been around awhile we all knew it would be delayed.   I am glad it was delayed so you guys have enough time to iron out any bugs and I guess just as in previous dlcs you won't become aware of other bugs until it does release and most of us will be expecting that too,  because there is no way to test for every little issue until it is released.

For all the people whinging and crying about it like spoiled little children....grow up and get over it.  Instead of just yelling and screaming about how bad the game and devs are just do us all a favour and go play something else.

Yes ARK is still buggy here and there but overall it is an awesome game and probably one of the best games I have ever played so well done and thank you to all WC team :)

1 hour ago, 2x3m said:

Thank You Wildcard for Pushing it back one month, really thank you. :Dif it takes 3 months or even 5 its no problem at all but please please please try to release it without critical issues, bugs, crashes ... you released previous dlc with.

Im only speaking for me and there is no sarcasm in this post i really hope it will be the first time that you bring an official dlc that has no problems at all right from the beginning like Valguero for example (smoothest release ever) im sorry to say but youve never released a dlc that was running that smooth from day One. And i think thats an important point many Companies didnt see they are trying to push, push again and then they try to push harder just to release it right in time but a modder is doing it because of his or her heart, because they like to produce that content for the Game they like and Companies ofc they need to make Money but People that get a product they are happy with usually buy more products of the same company and they will recommend to their friends, family ... pls think about that. A fast release of a dlc brings in fast cash but a good dlc keeps the company not even running it keeps the Company growing. And back to the main thing this post is about, thank you for not releasing it in january and please think about how a release would be for (y)our Community if they can enjoy it from day one? I think the Name Genesis is worth that effort. Maybe Genesis will be the thing the People will remember you in Years and its your decision how they will remember about it ;) Keep on doing the good Work #PositiveVibes

and im pretty sure there are more People outside that are thinking like this, i mean Ark is a longterm Game i know some People (me Included) that have more then 10k hours on your Game we wouldnt play that Game if we wouldnt enjoy at all but i saw many People leaving Ark and ALL of them because of the Issues your Game has and Server Lags. Im sorry to say but its the truth. So please take all the Time it needs but please Fix Genesis until its running smooth maybe even do another open beta test and listen to your Community whatever but please take all the Time it need to bring us a Genesis we will like and enjoy and after that please Fix the Rest of Things that are still Broken in Game like Tek Bridges that cant snap to structures and decay after 12 hours as a lil example. Sorry thats a Long Text i wrote here and i think many are to lazy to read it but please think about it if you are one of the Team from Studio Wildcard that is reading that text and if you are just another Gamer that likes this Game like i do and agree with me and what i wrote here pls give me a thumbsup Emote to Show them there are more in the Comunity then just the People who say release release release, come on Wildcard release it tomorrow or better right NOW, ... And please Remember thats the same Group of People that will Cry after you released because it has so many bugs ... Some People will never be happy, but some are if you get them a good and enjoyable Ark again, those are with me pls give me a like (not just for me, i know there are more out there thinking like me, i mean for the Devs so that they will know.

Sorry for my english and that this Text is that long but please read it! #PositiveVibes :D

As much as I like your positivity I think you need to think from another point of view.

A lot of people have purchased the DLC. They pre-order and hoped to get the game in December, per their announcement. 

Imagine a simple but similar scenario:
You made an online delivery Pizza order, made the payment, and then you wait and wait and wait for the delivery guy to come.

You waited for few days without any information from the store. Few days later the store called and said "hey sorry we are still cooking your pizza, took longer than expected, theres few hiccups here and there but we'll make sure the pizza is going to be delicious, expect the delivery next month."

I dont understand how is this kind of practice is allowed.

Glad to hear the Valentines event will still go on! 

As it lines up with the Valentines event, it only makes sense to push it off. So that people can take advantage of the event that happens once a year for breeding.

Hopefully they fix falling through the map on Aberration before this goes live. I quit playing last year around March and come back this month to fall through the map. Only been a known bug in the game for how long now... now you'll get accused of meshing if you fall through the map on ab.

Edited by Damnlag

maybe unpopular opinion 

Guys honestly I’m would be more upset but I have to give to them if they say the meshing is going to fixed (I actually looked into what they’re talking about and I think it’s genius unless I’m wrong which I very well could be) the map looks amazing from the screenshots and I honestly don’t care how much extra time they need prep as long as it’s good and they give us a solid date

im sort of impartial because I just stopped playing small tribes and I started playing official and I need time to set up before I can start prepping for genesis 

P.S. ark devs please don’t let be bad I’m really like ark and I want to see it do well 

also fix light bloom issues on ps4 and Xbox 

3 hours ago, Uzo said:

Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a month 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TIME. 

I am Demanding a refund from this dlc. Absolutely Ridiculous.  

Okay, obviously you are over reacting. If you think about it, they said they are gonna make Genesis work properly as well as making sure all the coding is working. And they are also trying new things with the quests now. I am sure everyone else is upset about this as much as I am, but asking for a refund is just childish.

Having said this I am so hyped now as we finally get some more looks at the boss as well as the lunar biome. Excited for the trailer release!!!

These are great news! I couldn't be disappointed by a delay more than by inability to play how I used to due to damages to the core game done by rushed new content. Take as much time as you need while you are working on the bugfree polished experience. The teleporting and no-killing setting is the best solution for my personal case as well. I feel relieved the game won't punish me for collecting sap on my own Aberration server.

I want to start off by saying that I loved the game from the first day I started playing it as a beta. And everytime a new dlc comes out I preorder without question. But now after this is happening  again and again and again and again. I won't be anymore... I'll wait to give Wildcard my money until y'all have it done and released. Maybe the community  should step back for a minute and stop giving y'all so much money to play with and maybe  the the job will get done. Because I know in my line of work if I had delay after delay after delay I would be fired.  And no one would trust anything I say. Like the community is losing faith in what y'all say.                                

I normally never message. But this is the first time I've been this irritated that I had to message. We started with December then January and now February 25th. It might even be March or May who knows. And I normally feel bad for y'all when I read all of the backlash that some members of the community post.  But what do you expect when this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. And it's sad to say but we all expected another delay because it happens every time. I understand the you can run into problems. But it always seems to be the same problems. Just like part 2 of Genesis not holding my breath for December it probably will be the same way then too. I'm not asking for compensation or a refund. And I'm not trying to bring the worst out of people. I would just like y'all to keep your word for ONCE! It's not my reputation riding on the the line it's y'all's. 

Thank you for your time and letting vent. 

Edited by ShaunS

You guys need to better to get things released on time as why do we spend money on game that can’t have dlc’s release on time I really hope you guys are going to put on more then 1 event to make up for this crap by delaying the release or what’s the point in playing a game that’s always broken and sometimes can’t even log in due to joining failed or connection time out especially when those of us are trying to raise baby dinos I mean we pay money for a game to be done right so why can’t you’s get it right the first I think the ark community should have more events or a massive evolution event for 2 weeks to make up for the disappointing news of the release of genesis as it’s not good enough. 

2 hours ago, Avenge said:

SE didnt even have a release date they just released it to the public as a surprise. Check your facts before you make such an absurd post. 

I didn't say SE had a release date, nor did I say it was delayed, I said "since SE" as SE was the smoothest launch they had and every DLC since then has had this issue.

Ironic that the first dlc that didn't have a release date also was the smoothest launch y'all ever had and YOU RELEASED IT IN EARLY ACCESS. This is a joke, this company is a joke. I'm fuming that I can't get a refund for the content you consistently haven't fulfilled. All these people who claim its fine haven't played your game long enough or have the memory of an Alzheimer's patient because y'all at WC know that no matter how much QA you do, it's gonna release like a gilded turd anyway.

@WC_jellyknee I hope the meshing detection will ignore cases where server admins "ghost" themselves under the mesh to retrieve player's dinos that get pushed under by in-game mechanics.

I went under the mesh (as admin, in ghost mode) to look for a player's dino that had been pushed under during a fight with dinos from an OSD.

If your anti-meshing measures are not careful, they could punish server admins for trying to help.

C'mon guys lets be real here, we all would have been severely disappointed if they released it on time, many of us would have lost many a bet on this. Next question is will it be delayed again, start placing your bets. My money is on the 31st of March.

Looks like we have a firm date now though. Personally am in  no rush at the moment, so much to do so little time. 

• Thanks 2