Jump to content

StudioWildcard

A Message from the Founders

Recommended Posts

I’m I sadden not seeing the release as expected? Yes.

I’m I worried? No.

Expected delay? With WC track record, of course. It was expected.

If I consider this tolerated behavior from a developer acceptable? Hell no, 1 delay is acceptable, 2nd delay, not. This questions the reputations if they can meet expectations in a timely manner. However, nothing I can do about it. We are paying customer and expect delivery, when they say they will…

Will I still invest in WC with this turn around? Yes, of course, this game is one of the best investments I’ve made in years and I’m still playing it. It has so much potential. Even as a console player, Hell, that’s a reason why I invest average 400$ a year Canadian for a Nitrado server, so I can just chill on my server and go hunting like I feel like it with my buddies. It’s therapeutic for me after a long day work.

What would like to see in WC in the future? Better communication with the work being done. Better Quality testing, heck, when you need a patch for a patch, then you have to question on how Quality Assurance is being performed.

Will I try to cancel my pre order of Genesis? Hell no, for the same reason stated above. It’s the best game I’ve played in years, with the exception of RedDead Redemption 2 of course 😉But WC does not have the same budget of these triple AAA title, so yes, I’m angry of not being able to play in December, oups scratch that, January, oups scratch that one as well, February? Well let’s hope for the best… However, I do feel others frustrations and, in my opinion, they are warranted.

In the end I still believe in them, although I’m not happy with the 2nd delay, but I’m sure I will be when Genesis comes out, even if its bugged, because I know they will still be investing in fixing it.

My 2 cents,

 

Best regards,

 

Moose

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MooseX said:

I’m I sadden not seeing the release as expected? Yes.

I’m I worried? No.

Expected delay? With WC track record, of course. It was expected.

If I consider this tolerated behavior from a developer acceptable? Hell no, 1 delay is acceptable, 2nd delay, not. This questions the reputations if they can meet expectations in a timely manner. However, nothing I can do about it. We are paying customer and expect delivery, when they say they will…

Will I still invest in WC with this turn around? Yes, of course, this game is one of the best investments I’ve made in years and I’m still playing it. It has so much potential. Even as a console player, Hell, that’s a reason why I invest average 400$ a year Canadian for a Nitrado server, so I can just chill on my server and go hunting like I feel like it with my buddies. It’s therapeutic for me after a long day work.

What would like to see in WC in the future? Better communication with the work being done. Better Quality testing, heck, when you need a patch for a patch, then you have to question on how Quality Assurance is being performed.

Will I try to cancel my pre order of Genesis? Hell no, for the same reason stated above. It’s the best game I’ve played in years, with the exception of RedDead Redemption 2 of course 😉But WC does not have the same budget of these triple AAA title, so yes, I’m angry of not being able to play in December, oups scratch that, January, oups scratch that one as well, February? Well let’s hope for the best… However, I do feel others frustrations and, in my opinion, they are warranted.

In the end I still believe in them, although I’m not happy with the 2nd delay, but I’m sure I will be when Genesis comes out, even if its bugged, because I know they will still be investing in fixing it.

My 2 cents,

 

Best regards,

 

Moose

 

 

You know we’ve had 2 delays for Aberration in the past right? They announced it to be originally in October but changed it to November and finally set on December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody needs to stop complaining about delays the developers and there team are hard at work trying there best to give us a better playing experience all your doing is annoying them with constant complaints give them a break they can't just make a game/DLC in a day it takes months or years to develop such things they have to code, create the world space, meshes, animation, textures, scripts, music, models and have perfect voice acting and that's a long process Jeremy and Jesse and the whole Wildcard team take as much time as you need I am looking forward to the new DLC and beyond! ❤️👍

Edited by AcexHellhound21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... After NERD PARADE implement successfully a working undermesh protection Wildcard and Abstraction have to work on it ... Because its the MAIN problem on official servers imagine you was in a mega tribe and rebuild mainbases only because you was undermeshed. Not even lost your base in a good fight .... If this undermesh protection works the cheaters get a hard life 😈

 

Btw. Work on this DDOS 255 PROBLEM AS WELL PLEASE....

Edited by Aequitas
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aequitas said:

Btw. Work on this DDOS 255 PROBLEM AS WELL PLEASE....

DDOS is not a WC issue, that's for the server host to resolve, aka Nitrado ;)  They do have DDOS protection, however seems in your case its not working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Racna1305 said:

All that would make sense if the game didn’t already have delays throughout the year and the game is still buggy. 

 

You are arguing as if this delay is the first and wildcard decided “hey let’s not rush this out this time, let’s take our time and delay this till we get it right” ark has always been buggy. And ark has always had delays. Hence why I said just don’t announce a date. It’s sad when players are saying “this says it’s going to release in October but it’s wildcard, I bet it will release in January”

 

no other industry is that ok in. 

I understand, and it is frustrating. I get it, honestly it is annoying.

Especially when every event and update breaks something else or deletes characters and progress.

 

But there seems to be this thing where no matter what is announced there's negativity in response.

 

WC could say "one million dollars for everyone!"

And the response would be " why not $1,000,001? WC is trash!!!!"

 

I'm just tired of the complaints honestly, it's buggy, there are countless delays and issues.

 

But I can't think of many other games that hold my interest for this long, I'd say that's a pretty decent return on investment personally.

Edited by SubaruImpossibru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 2:30 PM, PertySlick said:

You packed up your Valguero server in a "rush" to prepare for an unreleased DLC with no concrete release date or even recent information?  And this is Wildcard's problem?  Why wouldn't you wait for the actual release and then pack up for the switch?  That way you can also evaluate all the inevitable bugs with the release and decide if it's worth the risk to move.  And I sympathize with trying to play during a school schedule but no release window is ideal for everybody.

It had a release date in December, and January, and now February.  As to why we don't pack up the day Genesis comes out? I will let you figure out the answer to that because it should be obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ownz1nR34LT1M3 said:

It had a release date in December, and January, and now February.  As to why we don't pack up the day Genesis comes out? I will let you figure out the answer to that because it should be obvious.

I'll take the non-answer as an admission that your trying to blow this out of proportion and make it seem worse than it is.  There is no reason you couldn't have flipped your server anytime after the release when you were ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It had a release date in December, and January, and now February.  As to why we don't pack up the day Genesis comes out? I will let you figure out the answer to that because it should be obvious.
If u are trying to move dinos and buildings to genesis,very high chance its disabled for a few months, so there is no point in packing up early. U could have just kept all your dinos in cryo to reduce base maintenance while waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, theASCHE360 said:

It does not matter if ypu release it tomorrow or feb 25, or Dec 31, its still going to be plagued with bugs and glitches, so unbalanced that it will destroy the clusters just like Extintion did

So cut the poop and release it now, that way at least we can help to provide feedback for you guys to ignore for a few months

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoo everyone should check out what is happening to players dying randomly loosing whole bases and turrets. This is insane legit players are grtring wiped from this patcg and if it happens to me I'm not going to play this game anymore I've already lost multiple tames from sinking below the floor while fighting other dinos or by any wall that doesn't have proper collision and it's too late to know until your favorite dino is lost forever. Also die everytime I pass out and a couple times I couldn't fine even a loot bag. Seriously the game is major broken right now please fix it there is another thread about people dying in the playable boundaries of the map or certain caves even it is ruining our gameplay either leave the game be or wipe everyone before genisis cauae some people are getting wiped now for no reason and it is seriously unfair and unjust. Please take the time to look for the other thread it is posted on this same website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 8:07 AM, SubaruImpossibru said:

I understand, and it is frustrating. I get it, honestly it is annoying.

Especially when every event and update breaks something else or deletes characters and progress.

 

But there seems to be this thing where no matter what is announced there's negativity in response.

 

WC could say "one million dollars for everyone!"

And the response would be " why not $1,000,001? WC is trash!!!!"

 

I'm just tired of the complaints honestly, it's buggy, there are countless delays and issues.

 

But I can't think of many other games that hold my interest for this long, I'd say that's a pretty decent return on investment personally.

Your completely looking at it from one side and that's byast. You need to see the whole picture buddy. This is a company which promised a product people have already paid for a release date and time and not every person lives in a place where the money is easy to get, or they may have a high rent. Not everyone gets what they want on their birthday or gets to sit in mamas basement and hope mom buys the dlc. Some people made real life sacrifices or put this dlc ahead of another game or dlc just to get delayed which I agree isn't the end of the world but it is frustrating to people who made sacrifices. But the worst part of all is while everyone is focused on this release date some people are actually getting wiped for playing the game legitimately and loosing tames from being too close to any wall floor or ceiling. And if you pass out you will instant die from your charcter's head dipping below the map. So now we all get delayed the dlc and the game is nearly unplayable at the moment. But hey atleast players can't mesh right? It's not simple enough to disable explosives and building in those spots but no we need instant death so we are litteraly afraid to use any tames we like. Please bring awareness to what is going on people are quitting fast and innocent players are loosing everything literally there is screenshots of whole legitimate bases being wiped from the mesh detector. Also the dupers are a way bigger problem right now anyways but instead we need instant kill for meshers? Which again disable explosive, building and tame use in the mesh areas and there litteraly wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Edited by GrimJim
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 2:45 AM, Aequitas said:

... After NERD PARADE implement successfully a working undermesh protection Wildcard and Abstraction have to work on it ... Because its the MAIN problem on official servers imagine you was in a mega tribe and rebuild mainbases only because you was undermeshed. Not even lost your base in a good fight .... If this undermesh protection works the cheaters get a hard life 😈

 

Btw. Work on this DDOS 255 PROBLEM AS WELL PLEASE....

Need parade is hot filthy garage, the man was caught cheating in his own server and during a raid, he's copyrighted claimed everyone's video that has pointed this out and banned his own head admin cause he got into another tribe to help tame a crab on abberation, also caught lying about the cluster server cost and not more than three servers were up yet he claims the servers costed more then he brought in from streaming and YouTube, he lost a lot of players and revenue on his channel and has tried to build himself back up and hopefully he'll be on a honest and truthful path, his content would be worth watching then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, arkmaster0007 said:

You owe those of us who bought the genisis season pass some compensation for these bullpoop delays, I personally didnt buy the season pass so i could wait 2 extra monthes to get the dlc that was promised in december! Dont give a release date unless you are going to make it!

It was never promised in December dude, why do people not understand this fact, it's an ETA, estimated Time of Arrival meaning if they don't hit a issue while development is going on and if they miss it or announce early they are pushing it back cause of the issue then it's probably a issue that will take a bit of time to fix.

Game development can not be done over night.

Edited by Vegeta71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vegeta71 said:

It was never promised in December dude, why do people not understand this fact, it's an ETA, estimated Time of Arrival meaning if they don't hit a issue while development is going on and if they miss it or announce early they are pushing it back cause of the issue then it's probably a issue that will take a bit of time to fix.

Game development can not be done over night.


yes it was promised in December, you are the only person in this thread who fails to see that. There was nothing in the game description on the store page that said “this is an estimated date”

they even had a estimated time along with the December date. The other time which was estimated I believe said “winter 2020” that’s an estimated time. Why would someone buy a game and assume December 2019 is really winter of next year? Where in the store page did it say “this December date is estimated and the other date of winter 2020 for part 2 is also estimated?”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...