Jump to content

A Message from the Founders


Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

So another Delay  for Genesis   this seems to be a pattern Wild Card  delay delay delay

take peoples money delay delay delay      the people who already paid for it should get some compensation for delays in saying it was to be in december now its end of Feburary instead    #anotherfailedDLCrelease

If people are so upset with the delays, why don't you guys wait it out for a discount rather than buy the first chance you get

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a

I know you ARK Devs get a lot of backlash when you have to delay the launch of another DLC, but if that means that we get a less buggy release AND simultaneous launch on all systems, I believe that it

So another Delay  for Genesis   this seems to be a pattern Wild Card  delay delay delay take peoples money delay delay delay      the people who already paid for it should get some compensation f

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Arkblows said:

Literally the most frustrating group of game creators ....... When this LIE ! Of a dlc does get released I won't even play it ! I've wasted my money my time and I you are now in my books the biggest fail of a video game since WWE 2k19 , if you have played the game you know just how bad that kind of a review is! Here's an idea !!!!! Maybe get ark the island running smooth before moving on .......... I've never had some much lack of respect for a company , lies upon lies upon failure releases , you guys will be shamed by the community , I truly hope others join me by boycotting ark completely. Wildcard I want compensation !

If you're so bothered by this then leave, stop wasting time typing this and find another game to play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nitrozeus2289 said:

If you're so bothered by this then leave, stop wasting time typing this and find another game to play.

Wildcard actually makes a good game. Ark is a very fun game I and many others have pumped thousands of hours into. 
 

While I wouldn’t preorder or buy seasons passes  and I urge others to stop, I can understand why they are upset. A good game but made by a company who shows they really don’t give a damn.

Id willing to bet there are more delays tweets than actual on time releases for both updates and content releases. They treat the game like an early access while trying to get all the money they can from people who have love for the company. I completely understand people’s frustration 

 

but you are right, stop preordering and buying season passes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vegeta71 said:

and the devs don't work hard to provide for that money in return? yet everyone here is jumping their case about it and its facts not belief.

losing hope in WC when there's nothing to lose hope about, the content is guaranteed to drop, they are constantly working on hence the hard working devs of WC.

To answer your question with delay yes. And I'm not jumping all over them. Yesterday is the first time I've ever said anything. I started playing the game when it was a beta and will continue to. But after so many times of delays it's frustrating. And it is feels, facts and beliefs. People feel disappointed because of the constant delays. And discouraged to purchase new content early. And the facts are that that the game still has bugs, meshing problems and other various issues since day one. Which obviously doesn't always bother me because I still play. And on the beliefs I've noticed on here if you voice your opinions whether if it is good, bad or indifferent. You're automatically a crybaby or told to shut your mouth. We can be more civil  and respectful to one another. And losing hope do to the back to back delays and the lack of communication. And no doubt I'm still excited play Genesis. Because I see the potential of the game and want it to thrive. And see as I write this I still have some hope. And I know making games isn't all cupcakes and rainbows. I'm just old fashion my word is my bond if I say I'm going to have something done I do it without delays. I hope everyone has a good night.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be honest here.  I am not going to be "that guy" who says this is for the best and I am fine with waiting for a "more finished product".  It just isn't true, the game will be MORE FINISHED, but probably not as finished as it should be in any case.  That is very sad to say, especially since this is the only "game" I play, and I don't consider what I do in Ark to be a game.  I will wait as I always do, but I am not going to call anyone names, or say I am shocked at such an announcement.  I will say that the game releasing in February now as opposed to the initial target date of December really does plenty of harm to me and my group I play with.  Being a full time student with a high work load, February may be the worst time for the game to come out for me.  Not just that, but my group closed shop on our Valguero server to switch it over to Genesis, and now all of those efforts were done prematurely by 2 or more months.  We "rushed the move" because Genesis was on the way, and now we did all that rushing and spending more time than necessary when it wasn't even a priority at that time.

THAT BEING SAID,

I have already experienced the release of one expansion before Christmas time with extinction.  The addition of raptor claus, gacha claus, and the subsequent valentines day event really dumbed down the early progression of Extinction in many ways by granting very easy to obtain breeding lines and blueprints.  I was going to use the Valentines day even on Genesis, because I would be a fool not to take advantage of that opportunity, but I am actually really glad that the event will NOT be occurring on a Genesis map until next year.  That is a very good thing for anyone who plans to play Genesis as a fresh start with no transfers. 

Last but not least, @Wildcard

Don't actually answer me here, because I don't want you blasting your companies business to the public.  I only care so far as the question actually being considered properly.  How much time are you guys even devoting to contingency time? Normally with a design, especially with an ambitious one, there would be weeks, months, hell you could even have years of contingency time dedicated to all the things that could go wrong.  If you say a game is done by December, that game should be done and getting tested 6 months or more before then.  You already said too much to the public when you claimed Genesis will be ready late January and closed testing at the beginning of January.  Seriously?! This isn't a shot at your company or business to make you look bad or be negative, but did you really give yourselves 2 weeks to work out the kinks and bugs of a game from closed testing to release?! You need to do some research as a company on proper design phases and planning because that is absolutely absurd.  There are some bugs in the live game that weren't address for years, or still go without being fully dealt with! 2 weeks on a new ambitious map such as Genesis to weed out these potential bugs?!

./end rant

I love this game, I really do and I fear for a world with an Ark that is too perfect.  I am also in fear of your business falling apart if you maintain this current course.  Please change for those of us who believe in this thing you have created.

Link to post
Share on other sites

they wont the support team is useless, they told me they werent going to do anything about people teleporting gigas event thought we have so many reporting the same thing, HOW MUCH MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED WC....anyway honestly im disappointed wc has showed me within the last 5 months that they will nto help with this situation, nor will they help you replace hard work. Im incredibly disappointed in their team support

Link to post
Share on other sites

You really are a disgraceful excuse for a games development franchise. Not a single one of your "DLCs" have been on time, and this is the worst yet, a THREE MONTH delay?! You never cease to amaze me with your colossal level of incompetence. You label your game as a AAA release, when in reality, it would be shameful to even call it an alpha release, the game is a mess, you don't even have to look hard to find a bug or a glitch, because one will present itself by playing the game normally. You charge people months in advance for DLCs which you say will release on the "Xth of Whatever Month" and without fail, delay it as that date draws closer. All you ever do is release the bare minimum just to get more money, which you clearly don't spend properly, because nothing ever improves, how on earth do you think it's even remotely appropriate to sell a game in this state for £50 ($60)?! It's disgusting. You hold back the potential from this game by unfathomable means, you need to take a long hard look at yourselves and pull your fingers out and start doing things properly. You make EA look like one of the best games developers out there. Absolute idiots.

Edited by Maxranviir
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Firedg21 said:

they wont the support team is useless, they told me they werent going to do anything about people teleporting gigas event thought we have so many reporting the same thing, HOW MUCH MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED WC....anyway honestly im disappointed wc has showed me within the last 5 months that they will nto help with this situation, nor will they help you replace hard work. Im incredibly disappointed in their team support

lol they told you this? i seriously doubt they told you they weren't gonna do anything unless what's happening is not game breaking or COC/TOS breaking which i don't think there's anything in there about kiting corrupted gigas to someone else's base, as far as i know. and IF that's the case that there's nothing is the COC or TOS about it then it's down to the fact they can't do anything about it, no rule in the COC or TOS is getting broken.

Edited by Vegeta71
Link to post
Share on other sites

Genesis season pass !

Are you using the same management team as the uk's HS2 ? two delays ?..

maybe you should have just released the game to us when you first allowed subscription for the Geneisis season pass and allowed us to tell you all the faults with the new map(s).

then your team could have fixed them instead of wasting time finding them???

Link to post
Share on other sites

So many complaints , you have all got a date to wait for which most of you wanted for the past few months . I have around 4k hours across 3 platforms and understand many of you do too . I share the same frustrations and inconvenience as you all but to keep kicking off and throwing all this negativity is pointless.  

 

Despite the shoddy and inconsistent development team ark is still the best game I have ever played , it could be better but we all want better with most things in life . Give it a rest people it's boring,  if the game and developers frustrate you that much play something else , chill .

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

 

 

I'm back and got a math dubie. So ark has been out for roughly 39420 hours your claim of 35000 leaves you with 4420 hours of spare time over the past 4.5 years.  Given that a 40hr work week for 50 weeks (leaving out 2.25 weeks for vacation) equals 2000hrs, your claimed game time of 7000hrs a year.  Remember there are only 8760hrs in a year so your only 240hrs over just in game and work, no sleeping or eating or screwing over the past 4.5 years included.

 

I assumed meth because it is one of the only stimulants that will allow you to preform your totally bogus routine. 

He did state on multiple  platforms...now if it's true or not I dunno but I can tell u that I personally  have around 9600 hrs on one pc account  then there's my alt account working on 500 then there's my xbox account has 2.5k hrs then there's the windows 10 I'm working on at 1500 or so I have had the game a little over 3 yrs and I work 50+ hrs lol a week -a 2 week vacation  lol with no sleep during that period  xD so if no life it and no job could easily double my hours.

Edited by Lycan187u
Insomnia +ark+ coffee+occasion nap =pro arker xD on my end atleast
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

He did state on multiple  platforms...now if it's true or not I dunno but I can tell u that I personally  have around 9600 hrs on one pc account  then there's my alt account working on 500 then there's my xbox account has 2.5k hrs then there's the windows 10 I'm working on at 1500 or so I have had the game a little over 3 yrs and I work 50+ hrs lol a week -a 2 week vacation  lol with no sleep during that period  xD so if no life it and no job could easily double my hours.

So you have roughly 14100hrs combined,now do you play all the systems at the same time or individually?  Even then if you play PvE on 2 machines at the same time for an hour that's still just an hour, not 2.

 

Me I am kinda embarrassed to admit that I have close to 10000hrs since early access on ps4. All on PvP official.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

So you have roughly 14100hrs combined,now do you play all the systems at the same time or individually?  Even then if you play PvE on 2 machines at the same time for an hour that's still just an hour, not 2.

 

Me I am kinda embarrassed to admit that I have close to 10000hrs since early access on ps4. All on PvP official.

Console pvp pc pve xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

He did state on multiple  platforms...now if it's true or not I dunno but I can tell u that I personally  have around 9600 hrs on one pc account  then there's my alt account working on 500 then there's my xbox account has 2.5k hrs then there's the windows 10 I'm working on at 1500 or so I have had the game a little over 3 yrs and I work 50+ hrs lol a week -a 2 week vacation  lol with no sleep during that period  xD so if no life it and no job could easily double my hours.

Wouldn’t the windows 10 and Xbox be the same hours? It’s cross play. I lost count on the hours I lost in ark... :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me get this straight, most complain about meshing, bugs.

I've even seen people say that they shouldn't have released Extinction without making sure it wasn't as buggy at release.

Now they are making moves to fix things, making sure that Genesis will be polished, etc

And now, most are still complaining?

Y'all need to chill, pick a side actually.

If you're going to be pissy about bugs and glitches, you should recognize that the delay is put into place to mitigate your concerns.

Bwwwaaaaa "i paid for it already, I want it NOW"

 

Maybe I missed the part where Wildcard announced they were going out of business?

Because they are still going to release Genesis and you're still going to get what you paid for.


Sorry if my thoughts are scattered and incoherent, I'm under the weather and my head is a little foggy, but some of y'all need to chill.

Edited by SubaruImpossibru
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SubaruImpossibru said:

Let me get this straight, most complain about meshing, bugs.

I've even seen people say that they shouldn't have released Extinction without making sure it wasn't as buggy at release.

Now they are making moves to fix things, making sure that Genesis will be polished, etc

And now, most are still complaining?

Y'all need to chill, pick a side actually.

If you're going to be pissy about bugs and glitches, you should recognize that the delay is put into place to mitigate your concerns.

Bwwwaaaaa "i paid for it already, I want it NOW"

 

Maybe I missed the part where Wildcard announced they were going out of business?

Because they are still going to release Genesis and you're still going to get what you paid for.


Sorry if my thoughts are scattered and incoherent, I'm under the weather and my head is a little foggy, but some of y'all need to chill.

All that would make sense if the game didn’t already have delays throughout the year and the game is still buggy. 

 

You are arguing as if this delay is the first and wildcard decided “hey let’s not rush this out this time, let’s take our time and delay this till we get it right” ark has always been buggy. And ark has always had delays. Hence why I said just don’t announce a date. It’s sad when players are saying “this says it’s going to release in October but it’s wildcard, I bet it will release in January”

 

no other industry is that ok in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not going to comment on the delay because it's whatever at this point nothing we say will make a difference. However thank you thank you thank you for fixing meshing. I have seen to many bases fall due to meshing. Tribes afraid to build on amazing parts of the map due to meshing. Thank you for finally after years fixing one of the worst exploits in this game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ownz1nR34LT1M3 said:

I will be honest here.  I am not going to be "that guy" who says this is for the best and I am fine with waiting for a "more finished product".  It just isn't true, the game will be MORE FINISHED, but probably not as finished as it should be in any case.  That is very sad to say, especially since this is the only "game" I play, and I don't consider what I do in Ark to be a game.  I will wait as I always do, but I am not going to call anyone names, or say I am shocked at such an announcement.  I will say that the game releasing in February now as opposed to the initial target date of December really does plenty of harm to me and my group I play with.  Being a full time student with a high work load, February may be the worst time for the game to come out for me.  Not just that, but my group closed shop on our Valguero server to switch it over to Genesis, and now all of those efforts were done prematurely by 2 or more months.  We "rushed the move" because Genesis was on the way, and now we did all that rushing and spending more time than necessary when it wasn't even a priority at that time.

THAT BEING SAID,

I have already experienced the release of one expansion before Christmas time with extinction.  The addition of raptor claus, gacha claus, and the subsequent valentines day event really dumbed down the early progression of Extinction in many ways by granting very easy to obtain breeding lines and blueprints.  I was going to use the Valentines day even on Genesis, because I would be a fool not to take advantage of that opportunity, but I am actually really glad that the event will NOT be occurring on a Genesis map until next year.  That is a very good thing for anyone who plans to play Genesis as a fresh start with no transfers. 

Last but not least, @Wildcard

Don't actually answer me here, because I don't want you blasting your companies business to the public.  I only care so far as the question actually being considered properly.  How much time are you guys even devoting to contingency time? Normally with a design, especially with an ambitious one, there would be weeks, months, hell you could even have years of contingency time dedicated to all the things that could go wrong.  If you say a game is done by December, that game should be done and getting tested 6 months or more before then.  You already said too much to the public when you claimed Genesis will be ready late January and closed testing at the beginning of January.  Seriously?! This isn't a shot at your company or business to make you look bad or be negative, but did you really give yourselves 2 weeks to work out the kinks and bugs of a game from closed testing to release?! You need to do some research as a company on proper design phases and planning because that is absolutely absurd.  There are some bugs in the live game that weren't address for years, or still go without being fully dealt with! 2 weeks on a new ambitious map such as Genesis to weed out these potential bugs?!

./end rant

I love this game, I really do and I fear for a world with an Ark that is too perfect.  I am also in fear of your business falling apart if you maintain this current course.  Please change for those of us who believe in this thing you have created.

You packed up your Valguero server in a "rush" to prepare for an unreleased DLC with no concrete release date or even recent information?  And this is Wildcard's problem?  Why wouldn't you wait for the actual release and then pack up for the switch?  That way you can also evaluate all the inevitable bugs with the release and decide if it's worth the risk to move.  And I sympathize with trying to play during a school schedule but no release window is ideal for everybody.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We all should get something for the delay. I been with ark since day 1 and it's not right that we pay for a game that keeps getting push back.. I lost alot cuz of getting ark on the game things going under the map. The last one was a in printed giga with a 120 acs saddle, maints,owl, and a bird on Extinction 1013. I put a ticket in and heard nothing back..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...