A Message from the Founders

StudioWildcard

12 hours ago, demolisherr2 said:

I understand everyone's frustration, I really do 2 delays is a long time to wait BUT there are a few things you have to realize.

1: Wildcard is not an AAA Company. It is hard for them to meet the speeds that us as gamers have become accustomed to, but this is normal. They are a small group so they cannot hire the top of the line coders and level designers that companies like Bethesda can.

2: This is a big dlc. So many games pass off dlc as a few new skins or a new weapon, This leaves the base game the same though. What wildcard is doing is creating a whole new game with only the character and engrams staying the same the whole world, engrams and dinos are completely different and require lots of level design and AI changing.

3: I feel the frustration concerning the quality of the dlc is very unfair to the developers. You claim that it will be riddled with bugs and that it will be unplayable before you can even step into the world. If it releases with the quality you say it will then yes, you are completely free to judge it as it is, but as it is now you can't truly know what the quality will be like.

Feel free to quote me or trash talk me all you want. This is my opinion and the opinion of someone who knows what it is like to be in a small company and furthermore the struggles of programming a game. Thank you for reading and thank you Wildcard for making such a great game. Still my favorite game.

Agree 100% but that won't help the people who are super salty!

heck this Ocean is just made Of salt,  1% water , 99% Salt

While you guys are complaining I'm busy successfully taking down a lvl 135 alpha Rex with a lvl 270 argy on a non boosted official server. All while lagging, glitching, and bugging out. I even took on the broodmother on valguero with that argy and almost won but she despawned in the middle of the fight. How about instead of waiting on Genesis how about keep enjoying the game till one day it magically downloads and appears on your consoles.

There was a time when release dates or targeted months for release were scripture, if a company said "December" then it dang well better happen in December, but that was a different time, a time where clever wording by legal teams wasn't so predominant, a time when companies didn't strip down their teams so thin to try and squeeze every creative drop of essence out of the few developers they have, a time when a title formed the community that would be supporting it and that community had the power to make or break the game and held the company responsible. 

Things have have clearly changed, or at least Wildcard would like you to believe they have.  This trend however isn't something Wildcard invented, it's something many giants in the gaming industry have created and ultimately what we as gamers have allowed to take hold and spread. Fact is, I think 90% of us expected to be disappointed on some level, not because it's Wildcard per say, but because the way gaming has been just sets you up to expect that.  I remember being just "giddy" about Battlefront II,  it was supposedly going to be so much better than the original and I remember the roller coaster ride leading to nearly imploding the development due to the micro transactions they tried to slip into the game against the agreement. It's a dirty business with silver tongued devils, legal teams who find new ways to break rules, and corporate bottom lines.  I really miss the days when the developers made games they stood behind, companies like Sierra took care of their developers and held to their word on things, but I fear we've all but lost those days.

Edited by Rio4201

1 hour ago, Rio4201 said:

There was a time when release dates or targeted months for release were scripture, if a company said "December" then it dang well better happen in December, but that was a different time, a time where clever wording by legal teams wasn't so predominant, a time when companies didn't strip down their teams so thin to try and squeeze every creative drop of essence out of the few developers they have, a time when a title formed the community that would be supporting it and that community had the power to make or break the game and held the company responsible. 

Things have have clearly changed, or at least Wildcard would like you to believe they have.  This trend however isn't something Wildcard invented, it's something many giants in the gaming industry have created and ultimately what we as gamers have allowed to take hold and spread. Fact is, I think 90% of us expected to be disappointed on some level, not because it's Wildcard per say, but because the way gaming has been just sets you up to expect that.  I remember being just "giddy" about Battlefront II,  it was supposedly going to be so much better than the original and I remember the roller coaster ride leading to nearly imploding the development due to the micro transactions they tried to slip into the game against the agreement. It's a dirty business with silver tongued devils, legal teams who find new ways to break rules, and corporate bottom lines.  I really miss the days when the developers made games they stood behind, companies like Sierra took care of their developers and held to their word on things, but I fear we've all but lost those days.

Agreed. And the industry has conditioned people to these times. Back when games came out complete and on time. And delays happened but a company wasn’t delaying 80% of the time with content and updates.

problem is companies are far more greedy and less creative now. Early access while there are a lot of positives with it also brings a lot of negatives. This game is still being treated like an early access game. But you are being charged as if it’s AAA. So people keep using the excuse “wildcard” isn’t a AAA company. I ask for those people to define AAA...

We are getting AAA season passes at AAA price. We are getting charged AAA price on switch for an inferior product. If you are going to get AAA benefits then so should the consumer 

On 1/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, Vegeta71 said:

It was never promised in December dude, why do people not understand this fact, it's an ETA, estimated Time of Arrival meaning if they don't hit a issue while development is going on and if they miss it or announce early they are pushing it back cause of the issue then it's probably a issue that will take a bit of time to fix.

Game development can not be done over night.

A release is not a ETA if it says December 2019 which it did then that is the offical launch date if they delay the launch after giving a release date then its the same as false advertisement which is a illegal offense when a consumer has already paid money for a product scheduled for release on a specified day.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, ArrowHead said:

What are you most excited to see in ARK: Genesis?

Personally for me, if I could choose 3 things or categories that I'm most excited to see they would be the one's listed below in that order. 

- New map's.

- New Giant Creatures.

- New Weapons.

i would love to get the dino spawn codes bc the chibis show they have animations so give the codes like u did in extinction

On 1/22/2020 at 6:55 PM, 2x3m said:

Thank You Wildcard for Pushing it back one month, really thank you. :Dif it takes 3 months or even 5 its no problem at all but please please please try to release it without critical issues, bugs, crashes ... you released previous dlc with.

Im only speaking for me and there is no sarcasm in this post i really hope it will be the first time that you bring an official dlc that has no problems at all right from the beginning like Valguero for example (smoothest release ever) im sorry to say but youve never released a dlc that was running that smooth from day One. And i think thats an important point many Companies didnt see they are trying to push, push again and then they try to push harder just to release it right in time but a modder is doing it because of his or her heart, because they like to produce that content for the Game they like and Companies ofc they need to make Money but People that get a product they are happy with usually buy more products of the same company and they will recommend to their friends, family ... pls think about that. A fast release of a dlc brings in fast cash but a good dlc keeps the company not even running it keeps the Company growing. And back to the main thing this post is about, thank you for not releasing it in january and please think about how a release would be for (y)our Community if they can enjoy it from day one? I think the Name Genesis is worth that effort. Maybe Genesis will be the thing the People will remember you in Years and its your decision how they will remember about it ;) Keep on doing the good Work #PositiveVibes

and im pretty sure there are more People outside that are thinking like this, i mean Ark is a longterm Game i know some People (me Included) that have more then 10k hours on your Game we wouldnt play that Game if we wouldnt enjoy at all but i saw many People leaving Ark and ALL of them because of the Issues your Game has and Server Lags. Im sorry to say but its the truth. So please take all the Time it needs but please Fix Genesis until its running smooth maybe even do another open beta test and listen to your Community whatever but please take all the Time it need to bring us a Genesis we will like and enjoy and after that please Fix the Rest of Things that are still Broken in Game like Tek Bridges that cant snap to structures and decay after 12 hours as a lil example. Sorry thats a Long Text i wrote here and i think many are to lazy to read it but please think about it if you are one of the Team from Studio Wildcard that is reading that text and if you are just another Gamer that likes this Game like i do and agree with me and what i wrote here pls give me a thumbsup Emote to Show them there are more in the Comunity then just the People who say release release release, come on Wildcard release it tomorrow or better right NOW, ... And please Remember thats the same Group of People that will Cry after you released because it has so many bugs ... Some People will never be happy, but some are if you get them a good and enjoyable Ark again, those are with me pls give me a like (not just for me, i know there are more out there thinking like me, i mean for the Devs so that they will know.

Sorry for my english and that this Text is that long but please read it! #PositiveVibes :D

Love this. This is exactly what the community needs!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hulksmashu said:

While you guys are complaining I'm busy successfully taking down a lvl 135 alpha Rex with a lvl 270 argy on a non boosted official server. All while lagging, glitching, and bugging out. I even took on the broodmother on valguero with that argy and almost won but she despawned in the middle of the fight. How about instead of waiting on Genesis how about keep enjoying the game till one day it magically downloads and appears on your consoles.

Would be cool but i don't get xp any more and chibi keep reseting.

It's not realy about the delay its the communications  about the delay if they had released an official statement for the first one(I never found anything official anywhere stating s delay) and had just decided to face the backlash from the second sooner it would have been better but they stealthily delayed the first time and then went a whole month to just go oh nope next month guys if they ran in to a problem that needed to delay they should have made a statement like dying light 2, hey guy I know we said x month but we hit a major problem and while we could release it in x month we would be unhappy about the quality and so would you so we are delaying  and will hit you back when we have a firm grasp on the new date.

I don't mind delaying I mind the oh yea working on it should.have it next month then radio  silent s to oh sorry still working next month soon you done that for enough time that A the excitement faded and B no matter how good the final product is you will have ppl who would normally love it hate it on principal

You guys do realize, the complainers, that Wildcard made a decision to make another DLC.

They could have ended it after Extinction and fix the occasional bugs.

But instead they are working on Genesis, even with delays, it's more story / gameplay / content we can all enjoy.

So instead of whining that it got delayed, be happy that they are working on a DLC.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:52 AM, GrimJim said:

Your completely looking at it from one side and that's byast. You need to see the whole picture buddy. This is a company which promised a product people have already paid for a release date and time and not every person lives in a place where the money is easy to get, or they may have a high rent. Not everyone gets what they want on their birthday or gets to sit in mamas basement and hope mom buys the dlc. Some people made real life sacrifices or put this dlc ahead of another game or dlc just to get delayed which I agree isn't the end of the world but it is frustrating to people who made sacrifices. But the worst part of all is while everyone is focused on this release date some people are actually getting wiped for playing the game legitimately and loosing tames from being too close to any wall floor or ceiling. And if you pass out you will instant die from your charcter's head dipping below the map. So now we all get delayed the dlc and the game is nearly unplayable at the moment. But hey atleast players can't mesh right? It's not simple enough to disable explosives and building in those spots but no we need instant death so we are litteraly afraid to use any tames we like. Please bring awareness to what is going on people are quitting fast and innocent players are loosing everything literally there is screenshots of whole legitimate bases being wiped from the mesh detector. Also the dupers are a way bigger problem right now anyways but instead we need instant kill for meshers? Which again disable explosive, building and tame use in the mesh areas and there litteraly wouldn't be a problem anymore.

So you're comment on my response towards the delay is about meshing?

I also acknowledged that there are indeed issues and that stuff still needs to be sorted out.

So the system that they have in place for mesh detection is too aggressive and registering false positives, but before ANY systems were in place (faulty or not) people asked why nothing was done about meshing, stuff takes time to sort out in my opinion.  There are millions of lines of code I'm guessing, most of the critics I'd LOVE to see design their own game and all the coding and debugging that goes with it.  It's very easy to criticize when you're a consumer, I am into cars so when i buy an exhaust and I see a flaw in a weld my first thought is "DILO, this looks terrible" or something along those lines.  However, I realize that the part is a mass produced piece and that I don't currently have welding equipment, so will exhaust still flow through the pipe, yes.

As a consumer, you think that "hey i spent money on this product, it should be perfect" or without flaw or delay or any issues along those lines.  Well, that's never the case, I can look at a part and have my idea to what could have been, but that's living in the clouds, it's all hypothetical and not indicative to what's actually in front of you in the real world.  Compromises have to be made, exceptions have to be understood, delays have to be accepted or understood as a possibility to exist.

And if you put a game DLC ahead of rent, or other more preferred games/DLC that isn't on ANYONE besides yourself (or whoever in your example) because nobody forced you to do so.  If you're aware of the past trends with let's say WildCard and realize that everything has failed to meet deadline, and yet you pre-purchase the DLC, that's your own decision to not take those details into account and maybe decide that you will pay for Genesis when it comes out rather than ahead of time.

And perhaps you weren't talking about me, but if buying a DLC prevents you from moving out of your mom's house or paying rent, perhaps that's a prime example of when you reflect on your own life choices.  Or if you're younger like a teenager, maybe you are at the mercy of your birthday gifts or whatnot, but everyone has different circumstances, none of which should really be a concern of anyone besides themselves.

Keep in mind this is all personal opinion, and I'm also not saying that people should not be held accountable for things, but it isn't like they haven't been trying to fix things or implement systems to respond to cheaters, stuff just takes time to get right.

I am really hoping that the boss fights will have some kind of mechanics to them it's not really fun killing then without mechanics unlike Rockwell (Aberration) which does have a mechanic that players have to do to kill him Wildcard make a fairly difficult mechanic to them please something like damage phases like how other AAA titles such as World of Warcraft and Destiny 2 raids do it they all have mechanics and damage phases + wipe if players don't meet the certain conditions or they are to slow to do it It would be real interesting to fight the bosses with those mechanics and damage phases.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:36 PM, Castlerock said:
On 1/25/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ownz1nR34LT1M3 said:
It had a release date in December, and January, and now February.  As to why we don't pack up the day Genesis comes out? I will let you figure out the answer to that because it should be obvious.

If u are trying to move dinos and buildings to genesis,very high chance its disabled for a few months, so there is no point in packing up early. U could have just kept all your dinos in cryo to reduce base maintenance while waiting.

I will be turning my server into a Genesis server.  Everything has to come out of that specific server so that whatever is left behind is not lost or made inaccessible.  I hope this clarifies what I was trying to say about the situation.  I am not opening a new server, I am converting a currently operating server.  According to the Wild Card announcements, It was placed under my impression that this closure should be completed before Christmas break, and then later it was announced that January 28th may be a more accurate date.  Come to find out it is not 2 entire months of a server that has been left in limbo.  I know 30$ isn't that much money, but from a finance management perspective that is extremely bad management.  Not to mention, I may be one of possibly thousands of people suffering a similar issue.  Wild Cards actions and failure to manage release dates and accurate announcements may be actually causing players thousands of dollars. 

That is the argument I was trying to make clear in this discussion.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:09 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

You can ask for a refund from the merchant you bought the game from. Sony, Microsoft or Steam.

No you cannot. Wildcard specifically set their season passes to "normal" steam rules. Which means if you bought the game over 2 weeks ago you cannot be refunded. This is a huge breach of trust for pre-orders. Even Amazon/PS/Xbox don't take your money until the game is released.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Neeahlee said:

No you cannot. Wildcard specifically set their season passes to "normal" steam rules. Which means if you bought the game over 2 weeks ago you cannot be refunded. This is a huge breach of trust for pre-orders. Even Amazon/PS/Xbox don't take your money until the game is released.

Pre-Order Refunds

Can I refund my pre-order?

You may refund your pre-order any time prior to the release of the game.

If the pre-order title was purchased more than 3 months ago, you may not be able to refund back to your original payment method. However, you may still request a credit to your Steam wallet.

For more information on how to submit a refund request, click here.

Can I still refund my pre-order after the game comes out?

Preordered games that have been released are still eligible for a refund, as long as the refund request is submitted within two weeks of the game’s release, and the game has been played for less than two hours.