A Message from the Founders

StudioWildcard

9 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I've removed some of the personal back and forth.

Let's keep it civil and on-topic.

I'm with you on that keep it civil and be respectful. Very one has the right to feel the way they feel. No matter what someone else believes. And most of what I've read is people just pointing out what's happened time after time. And if it's the truth then it's not being a crybaby it's just that some of the community is losing hope in Wildcard. And they have the right to people work hard for the money. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShaunS said:

I'm with you on that keep it civil and be respectful. Very one has the right to feel the way they feel. No matter what someone else believes. And most of what I've read is people just pointing out what's happened time after time. And if it's the truth then it's not being a crybaby it's just that some of the community is losing hope in Wildcard. And they have the right to people work hard for the money. 

and the devs don't work hard to provide for that money in return? yet everyone here is jumping their case about it and its facts not belief.

losing hope in WC when there's nothing to lose hope about, the content is guaranteed to drop, they are constantly working on hence the hard working devs of WC.

2 hours ago, Vegeta71 said:

lol i bought the game 2 weeks after it came out on steam and hit official right away, june 16th 2015, its very much possible and FYI i do work, i'm not on welfare and have never done meth thank you very much and close on your calculations, its actually 12.5 hours every day and i have pulled 24hrs 3 days straight on days off when i have that many off and that has happened quite often not including shut down weeks and vacation times so the only BS here is your breath and your math.

At 12.5 hours everyday since you would have just under 19000. Try again fella there are only 8760 in a year 

1 minute ago, Oscarthelizard1117 said:

also genesis part 2 is suppose to come out this winter, I don’t believe it

if you say so dude, the devs work hard to give us a great game, they don't have to honestly, by all means in terms of other games ark is beyond the life span of a typical game like COD or xenoverse 2 which its last DLC dropped earlier this month so the FACT is that these devs are doing their best to deliver the content that have said they will, date and time doesn't matter as long as its delivered and it will be.

• Confused 1

If you don't feel ready to release Genesis it's ok. Like Projekt Red or Mooneye Studios delayed Cyberpunk and Lost Ember, we can wait for Ark as well. Lost Embers was even delayed from July to November, Cyberpunk to September. One month of waiting for Ark is even shorter.

Guys, take your time. Unluckily this community can be a lot toxic sometimes, but go ahead and take care of what you have to :)

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Vegeta71 said:

if you say so dude, the devs work hard to give us a great game, they don't have to honestly, by all means in terms of other games ark is beyond the life span of a typical game like COD or xenoverse 2 which its last DLC dropped earlier this month so the FACT is that these devs are doing their best to deliver the content that have said they will, date and time doesn't matter as long as its delivered and it will be.

Bro you don’t get it. There are many games that have been around longer than ark and have dev support and the companies isn’t known for delayed updates. 

Another fan of the same game you played just stated his concern and his distrust with the company as they have a reputation, a negative one.  And you are telling this fan who is a fan of the same game as you that his concern doesn’t matter, his distrust doesn’t matter because they are still updating the game. Even though they have betrayed his trust (been doing this for years) they are supporting the game longer than call of duty. 

Did you know KLEI still supports don’t starve 

did you know GTA still supports GTA online (they are garbage for other reasons but known for delays isn’t one)

Edited by Racna1305

Just now, Racna1305 said:

Bro you don’t get it. There are many games that have been around longer than ark and have dev support and the companies isn’t known for delayed updates. 

Another fan of the same game you played just stated his concern of his distrust with the company as they have a reputation, a negative one.  And you are telling this fan who is a fan of the same game as you that his concern doesn’t matter, his distrust doesn’t matter because they are still updating the game. Even though they have betrayed his trust (been doing this for years) they are supporting the game longer than call of duty. 

Did you know KLEI still supports don’t starve 

did you know GTA still supports GTA online (they are garbage for other reasons but known for delays isn’t one)

dude GTA online still has support cause RDR 2 is the newest game and isn't built up strong like GTA online and yes in the sense it shouldn't matter cause honestly there was no betrayal, they hit a stag with the development of the genesis map or other pieces of its content and had to push it back for enough time to get it fixed, do you understand ETAs and TBDs now? when they give a month next year then that's to be determined if it can be released within that month from the time of the announcement to the month expecting the release, GET IT NOW?

4 hours ago, reignality said:

I only have one request and that is to PLEASE allow "bloom" to be turned down on console! I play on both console and PC and the game is much more enjoyable on PC because I can actually see when looking in the suns general direction.

if you went outside and looked in the sun's general direction, would you be able to see better than in ark?

21 hours ago, Uzo said:

Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a month 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TIME. 

I am Demanding a refund from this dlc. Absolutely Ridiculous.  

I'm going to post this quote here since I think it's more than appropriate.
831fed82a85437a7c7c47a373d3141b042593d8d

Sometimes projects like this are more ambitious than they may seem. WC got a lot of backlash for releasing Extinction, being buggy and poorly balanced upon release and not having enough time to polish it well. They likely want to refine this new DLC as much as they possibly can before releasing it. Be patient. I'm more than happy to wait to the end of this year for a stable release. Even minor bugs upon release are better than game breaking ones. It's something called "delayed gratification".
Sure, you can make the argument. Delays are annoying. But they aren't doing it on purpose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ralphy said:

As much as I like your positivity I think you need to think from another point of view.

A lot of people have purchased the DLC. They pre-order and hoped to get the game in December, per their announcement. 

Imagine a simple but similar scenario:
You made an online delivery Pizza order, made the payment, and then you wait and wait and wait for the delivery guy to come.

You waited for few days without any information from the store. Few days later the store called and said "hey sorry we are still cooking your pizza, took longer than expected, theres few hiccups here and there but we'll make sure the pizza is going to be delicious, expect the delivery next month."

I dont understand how is this kind of practice is allowed.

Also imagine that this customer has already ordered three pizzas from this place that took months and months to cook them, and then though unhappy with the process still decides to order another and gets upset with the same wait and flakiness. At some point it isn't just Dominoes or whatever pizzaria's problem. Even if it is far from ideal, they have done it from the beginning and have shown no intention to stop; yet customers keep ordering with undeserved expectations.

I think what bothers the "positive" people is that you don't have to preorder and raging over something seemingly obvious to some feels unnecessary. Just don't bother before release if delays bother you. I was not the only one able to guess that they would do another delay from past behavior. If you want to refund it, go ahead. You do you, delays suck, disappointment suck, etc. I think everyone can understand those feelings, we are all affected by this after all, but short of being blind sided or malicious intent it is difficult for me and I imagine others to feel particularly slighted.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Calico45 said:

Also imagine that this customer has already ordered three pizzas from this place that took months and months to cook them, and then though unhappy with the process still decides to order another and gets upset with the same wait and flakiness. At some point it isn't just Dominoes or whatever pizzaria's problem. Even if it is far from ideal, they have done it from the beginning and have shown no intention to stop; yet customers keep ordering with undeserved expectations.

I think what bothers the "positive" people is that you don't have to preorder and raging over something seemingly obvious to some feels unnecessary. Just don't bother before release if delays bother you. I was not the only one able to guess that they would do another delay from past behavior. If you want to refund it, go ahead. You do you, delays suck, disappointment suck, etc. I think everyone can understand those feelings, we are all affected by this after all, but short of being blind sided or malicious intent it is difficult for me and I imagine others to feel particularly slighted.

But what if the pizza people forget your favorite topping?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

So another Delay  for Genesis   this seems to be a pattern Wild Card  delay delay delay

take peoples money delay delay delay      the people who already paid for it should get some compensation for delays in saying it was to be in december now its end of Feburary instead    #anotherfailedDLCrelease

Yeah, because they forced you to pre order. If you have any time in this game you knew this was coming.  But it’s the ARK community, so bitch, bitch, bitch. It will be out when it’s out, and you will play it. Chance you take when you pre order anything that isn’t done. Most adults get this.

• Like 3

Maybe we’ll be too distracted by chibis to worry about Genesis releasing next month... Genesis better be worth the wait and not a giant element-farm disappointment like Extinction was. I am not surprised by the delay considering how completely new game mechanics like missions and etc are being added. Plus their working on anti-meshing systems as well as Genesis.

Edited by LordRaptorJesus
because i can

4 hours ago, Vegeta71 said:

it's a good possibility it is your drivers, the 1080 Ti have had known issues dealing with drivers and graphical issues if i remember correctly

I borrowed 2080 Ti and did clean install using DDU. The flickering stopped to where it was barley noticeable and the graphics improved alot.

I do believe there's a problem with the drivers and my graphic card. I had originally thought it was one or the other but never thought it would be both.

Thank you for the help. ^.^

My only problem is that the 2 delays seem to be a cash grab to continue work on the game, when hype dies down on the game, funding gets short and they need more cash flow to finish the product and fine tune/polish the game. so it feels like they hype up releases that they know theyre not going to keep to ramp up purchases to that they can afford to finish the DLC. i dont mind waiting for a good dlc but i absolutely hate when i feel companies are being deceptive and taking my money when they know theyre not going to be providing the product. Were not stupid and your the way you handle business is obvious and disgusting, love the game though

1 hour ago, Calico45 said:

I think you both are right. Like Bethesda “oh it’s a buggy game, that’s Bethesda” but that shouldn’t be ok that your game is buggy.

you are correct, people shouldn’t preorder and complain about delays because wildcard is known for missing announce times. They always have been but that isn’t on either. You took that money on time, you sold a time frame.

i think they should just stop announcing times. And also people should stop blindly preordering. I never thought season passes were ok...guess people are conditioned to that

Literally the most frustrating group of game creators ....... When this LIE ! Of a dlc does get released I won't even play it ! I've wasted my money my time and I you are now in my books the biggest fail of a video game since WWE 2k19 , if you have played the game you know just how bad that kind of a review is! Here's an idea !!!!! Maybe get ark the island running smooth before moving on .......... I've never had some much lack of respect for a company , lies upon lies upon failure releases , you guys will be shamed by the community , I truly hope others join me by boycotting ark completely. Wildcard I want compensation !

• Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, Uzo said:

"Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a month 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TIME. 

I am Demanding a refund from this dlc. Absolutely Ridiculous."

Agreed ! Full money back and compensation

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Vegeta71 said:

lol i bought the game 2 weeks after it came out on steam and hit official right away, june 16th 2015, its very much possible and FYI i do work, i'm not on welfare and have never done meth thank you very much and close on your calculations, its actually 12.5 hours every day and i have pulled 24hrs 3 days straight on days off when i have that many off and that has happened quite often not including shut down weeks and vacation times so the only BS here is your breath and your math

I'm back and got a math dubie. So ark has been out for roughly 39420 hours your claim of 35000 leaves you with 4420 hours of spare time over the past 4.5 years.  Given that a 40hr work week for 50 weeks (leaving out 2.25 weeks for vacation) equals 2000hrs, your claimed game time of 7000hrs a year.  Remember there are only 8760hrs in a year so your only 240hrs over just in game and work, no sleeping or eating or screwing over the past 4.5 years included.

I assumed meth because it is one of the only stimulants that will allow you to preform your totally bogus routine. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

So another Delay  for Genesis   this seems to be a pattern Wild Card  delay delay delay

take peoples money delay delay delay      the people who already paid for it should get some compensation for delays in saying it was to be in december now its end of Feburary instead    #anotherfailedDLCrelease

If people are so upset with the delays, why don't you guys wait it out for a discount rather than buy the first chance you get