A Message from the Founders

StudioWildcard

Wow really delay on dlc again think might be time for trading standards to get involved as you have advertised something that has happened very disappointed in you wild card delay all the time mess up when you do patch updates and only just started sorting out meshing when it's been a big problem since day 1 of ark 

Honestly I'm, okay with the delays as long as we get a polished product. I hate when companies push out a product before it is 100% finished just to meet a release date. 

I only have one request and that is to PLEASE allow "bloom" to be turned down on console! I play on both console and PC and the game is much more enjoyable on PC because I can actually see when looking in the suns general direction.

Either way, can't wait to explore the new map and see what you guys have been working on for us!

At some point you must realize that your great idea of a game is not enough to keep people from leaving over your terrible execution.  5 DLC's late, and disastrous.  On top of all the other random problems.  Despite having the most forgiving fan base in the history of video games, you have to know that your luck is going to run out eventually.  You can't keep breaking our trust, and expect us to support your game.  Surely you guys know this.  

Good Afternoon Wildcard, 

My name is BIGEARL1948, I am a YouTube Ark Mobile and PS4 content creator who absolutely love playing everything Ark. Since your recent announcement concerning Ark Genesis, I have seen all the angry, crazy responses from other gamers that frankly I find silly. Unfortunately this is an impatient generation who whines about having everything NOW. I however, am a very patient Army veteran who understands the importance of taking your time to work work out all the kinks so that whatever you are doing will be well worth it in the end. My opinion? Keep doing what you are doing, they won't die, and if you loose games, that just makes room for new players. Take your time finishing Ark Genesis. However, should you ever decide to release a Beta version for testing, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be considered for testing any PS4 Ark Genesis Beta you have. I'm personally excited about it all and can't wait to see the finished results. Stay Cool Wildcard! 

13 hours ago, Ralphy said:

As much as I like your positivity I think you need to think from another point of view.

A lot of people have purchased the DLC. They pre-order and hoped to get the game in December, per their announcement. 

Imagine a simple but similar scenario:
You made an online delivery Pizza order, made the payment, and then you wait and wait and wait for the delivery guy to come.

You waited for few days without any information from the store. Few days later the store called and said "hey sorry we are still cooking your pizza, took longer than expected, theres few hiccups here and there but we'll make sure the pizza is going to be delicious, expect the delivery next month."

I dont understand how is this kind of practice is allowed.

that's cause pizza delivery is completely different then game design and development dude why in the world would you compare game design and development to pizza delivery??? go do some research and learn something productive like game design and then once you understand it i promise you'll truly understand why they delay quite a bit with games, not just wildcard either, other devs do delays as well.

3 minutes ago, bigearl1948 said:

Good Afternoon Wildcard, 

My name is BIGEARL1948, I am a YouTube Ark Mobile and PS4 content creator who absolutely love playing everything Ark. Since your recent announcement concerning Ark Genesis, I have seen all the angry, crazy responses from other gamers that frankly I find silly. Unfortunately this is an impatient generation who whines about having everything NOW. I however, am a very patient Army veteran who understands the importance of taking your time to work work out all the kinks so that whatever you are doing will be well worth it in the end. My opinion? Keep doing what you are doing, they won't die, and if you loose games, that just makes room for new players. Take your time finishing Ark Genesis. However, should you ever decide to release a Beta version for testing, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be considered for testing any PS4 Ark Genesis Beta you have. I'm personally excited about it all and can't wait to see the finished results. Stay Cool Wildcard! 

i agree with you bud but unfortunately there is no beta testing on console, just PC steam version gets those beta testing offers. i too am a content creator on xbox 1 and PC steam/ windows 10 and i am sad to see how the gaming generations have turned out to be whiny little kids who are spoiled with spoon feed crap they have played before and have mommy and daddy's credit card on fortnite and COD.

if you can't stand the devs doing delay do yourself a big favor for everyone and uninstall the game and got play something else or go outside even, sell your system, go to the park and enjoy the sun cause us true gamers on all platforms are patient enough to wait for the DLC.

Edited by Vegeta71
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vegeta71 said:

there is no graphic problem on extinction bud, at least none i have experienced since playing it from day one and onward.

There is and I'm not the only one. Go to extinction forum and read "Has Extinction got darker since the latest patch?" I tried everything on my end to fix it, even used a brand new graphic card and updated all drivers.

Hi, let me get straight to the point: 

As you should already know, nothing in life is perfect, not even videogames. YES, A LOT of people spent money to purchase the DLC in anticipation of getting what seemed like an on time game release, but that's life. No one, even the Devs, can read the fun, as hard as the work to give the best possible in Ark, unexpected things happen, just like this. So consider this for a moment, which would you rather have - A game that comes out when gamer demand or desire it to, or when the Devs have worked it all out to the best of their abilities? I know you've heard the saying "Good things come to those who wait". Well that's the position we are all currently in, so everyone needs to cut the Devs some slack. What if the were the type to listen to everyone's bitter comments and decided that they were no longer going to listen to gamers and give up on ark? People worldwide would go crazy. So my point is that although we wanted it to come out on time, let's not all loose hope and go nuts. We should expect possible delays when it comes to new games. Give them time, let them get it right, and  we all just enjoy the Ark we have until then. I know it will be well worth the wait. Stay Cool. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LunaCat said:

There is and I'm not the only one. Go to extinction forum and read "Has Extinction got darker since the latest patch?" I tried everything on my end to fix it, even used a brand new graphic card and updated all drivers.

could be the drivers from AMD or NVIDIA themselves for the GPU cards you are using, i had issues launching GTA V cause of the drivers getting corrupted easily with updating them so try a clean install of the drivers and see if that helps. btw my specs are:

HP OMEN OBELISK 2018 System Model OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1xxx

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 6 Core, 6 Logical Processor

8GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GPU RAM

my system hasn't had any issues from ark or the DLCs on steam or win 10 at all.

10 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

been playing ark since 2016 June  1hr short of 4200 gaming hours in ark  so i am clearly not new to the game   i have been playing this game since SE came out 

so you must be new to this game to as you joined here or in ark as of sept 2015   so  Rotate     i am aloud to express my displeasure of how this current dlc is being  handled information wise to its player base

so suck it

pile-of-pacifiers.jpg?w=800&h=312&crop=1

lol so laughable on your so called hours, 35k hours on steam half that on xbox including before time tacking and achievements were added, same with steam, 2/3rd of those hours for each platform is on official. welcome to the big leagues junior, go grab ya a pacifier, sit down and watch N listen, you might learn a thing or two cause we TRUE ARK PLAYERS have had our share of seeing a thing or 2 or more on this game.

22 minutes ago, Vegeta71 said:

could be the drivers from AMD or NVIDIA themselves for the GPU cards you are using, i had issues launching GTA V cause of the drivers getting corrupted easily with updating them so try a clean install of the drivers and see if that helps. btw my specs are:

HP OMEN OBELISK 2018 System Model OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1xxx

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 6 Core, 6 Logical Processor

8GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GPU RAM

my system hasn't had any issues from ark or the DLCs on steam or win 10 at all.

I will try that. i hope it works.

Here's my specs...

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Edited by LunaCat

6 minutes ago, LunaCat said:

I will try that. i hope it works.

Here's my specs...

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

it's a good possibility it is your drivers, the 1080 Ti have had known issues dealing with drivers and graphical issues if i remember correctly

3 hours ago, Ironphoenix said:

I just hope for everyone’s sake player and dev that they sell the licenses and company to someone competent at this point I’d take EA over wildcard but seriously epic, rockstar ,blizzard, Bethesda, THQ someone just not you guys it’s not that you have bad ideas just horrible follow through. You guys did a great job coming up with ideas but please let someone else actually implement them.

Who would want to buy a company that can't hit a release date? It would be a horrible investment, the big studios became big and valuable by hitting release dates.  It's like a person who is a fantastic worker and makes awesome products but can't make it to work on time ever, do you think said person would be promoted or fired? 

The company I work for started out in the owners garage back in the 70s,now 50 some odd years later we are a multi billion dollar business. We would not still be around if we couldn't hit a deadline on time while still prioritizing quality. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Who would want to buy a company that can't hit a release date? It would be a horrible investment, the big studios became big and valuable by hitting release dates.  It's like a person who is a fantastic worker and makes awesome products but can't make it to work on time ever, do you think said person would be promoted or fired? 

The company I work for started out in the owners garage back in the 70s,now 50 some odd years later we are a multi billion dollar business. We would not still be around if we couldn't hit a deadline on time while still prioritizing quality. 

i guess stupid people just can't learn, the fact that your saying this means you and the fella you quoted on this reply are probably players who are new and can't get the handle on the game or just cause you can't have it your way, this isn't burger king fellas.

they have more then just ark on the games development board, if they feel that delaying genesis helps with it coming out smoother and running stable then who are you to question their decisions? do you even know how game design and development is done? no? then SHUT UP AND QUIT WHINING!!!

here i think you and your quote friend didn't get yours out of the box for lost and found in this thread, grab one and go sit with the others.

Edited by Vegeta71

28 minutes ago, Vegeta71 said:

lol so laughable on your so called hours, 35k hours on steam half that on xbox including before time tacking and achievements were added, same with steam, 2/3rd of those hours for each platform is on official. welcome to the big leagues junior, go grab ya a pacifier, sit down and watch N listen, you might learn a thing or two cause we TRUE ARK PLAYERS have had our share of seeing a thing or 2 or more on this game.

Liar no way you have 35000 hours on ark. That's almost impossible, if it's true then maybe it's time to put down the meth pipe get off welfare and get a job.  When I get home from work I will calculate your claim but just off the top of my head you play at least 16 hours everyday since release. So yea complete BS